The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Crafting Research

Sordidfairytale
Sordidfairytale
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello,

My character is 4/4 in Metallurgy and has two available research spots open. I'm attempting to research a trait on the character. I had two items that had the trait but I could not select the trait to research it. It was always greyed out for me. I gave those items to another character and they were able to research them. I have two new items and am still unable to research the traits. The game shows me as having 1 of 3 researches in use.

I am able to research in clothing and woodworking with no issue. These are traits 8 of 9 for both items. And this has been happening since 1.6 launched, this is my third attempt to bring this to your attention. My crafter is missing out on valuable research time.
The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update:

Checked that I was 4/4 metallurgy.
    Spent 13k resetting my skill points.
    Checked to make sure I was now 0/4 metallurgy.
    Spent skill points to raise myself to 4/4 metallurgy.
    I was then able to research the armor pieces.

The Vegemite Knight

• fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you need assistance you'll need to use /help in-game or raise a ticket, the most a CM can do is open a ticket for you and they only do that very occasionally.
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for pointing that out.

However, I stated that this was my third attempt to reach out to them about this problem. The first was an in game ticket. Which I do recommend people do. The second was a trouble ticket submitted here on the website/forums. And then this post in "General Help" which is/was (as previously stated) my third attempt to bring this to their attention.

Well actually fourth considering that I had asked other players in game. I was hoping that there was someone else who had this problem or something similar so that I could learn from them.

Cheers!
    The Vegemite Knight

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Were you already researching that type of item?

Example.. Let's say you are currently researching training on sword. You cannot research a different trait such as nirn for sword at the same time.

[Edit] You can't research more then one of the same item at a time. If you are researching a trait on sword, you can research a trait on Axe, but not another on sword. You have to wait until you're done researching the first trait on sword in order to research another sword trait.

Post back and let us know if that was the issue or if it wasn't.
    Edited by MissBizz on April 2, 2015 4:15AM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for your support.

I was researching a sword trait(1), and I wanted to research shoulders(2) and helm(3) for exploration. I think it was pretty clear already in my post that I was researching different items. Unless you are suggesting that somehow resetting my skill points allowed me to research two of the same item at once.

Update:

The Vegemite Knight

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for your support.

I was researching a sword trait(1), and I wanted to research shoulders(2) and helm(3) for exploration. I think it was pretty clear already in my post that I was researching different items. Unless you are suggesting that somehow resetting my skill points allowed me to research two of the same item at once.

Update:

Sorry, it wasn't clear to me. You just said items, not different items, nor did you name them. Hopefully you get this cleared up soon
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

Sorry, it wasn't clear to me. You just said items, not different items, nor did you name them. Hopefully you get this cleared up soon

Nah, it was pretty clear.

It seems that it was a bug where the game recognized I had 3 research spots, but wasn't allowing me to research the items. The one sword was a research that had begun pre 1.6. Resetting my skill points has allowed me to research the items, but I hope that this doesn't happen again if we get our skill points reset.

Cheers.
    The Vegemite Knight

• Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nah, it was pretty clear.

It seems that it was a bug where the game recognized I had 3 research spots, but wasn't allowing me to research the items. The one sword was a research that had begun pre 1.6. Resetting my skill points has allowed me to research the items, but I hope that this doesn't happen again if we get our skill points reset.

Cheers.

It sounds like a bug for sure. Luckily it cleared up when you reset your skills. 1.6 was such a big update that there could have been something in it that affected your research status locking them. I'm glad I came across this as if it ever happens to me I'll do that first. Thank you for reporting it.
    NA Server - Kildair