The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Valkyn Skoria - nerfed?

Jules
Jules
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Anyone know the actual cooldown of Valkyn Skoria meteor proccs?

Patch notes just had this:
"Valkyn Skoria: Fixed an issue where the meteor cooldown from this item set was being ignored when hitting multiple targets. We have equalized the global cooldown for this item set so it’s more in-line with other item sets."

But I have no idea what old cooldown or new cooldown is and how it will affect things. Any insight would be helpful.
Edited by Jules on March 30, 2015 9:55PM
JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
Viva La Aristocracy
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hate it when they hide detail information
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Khaer
    Khaer
    ✭✭
    Jules wrote: »

"Valkyn Skoria: Fixed an issue where the meteor cooldown from this item set was being ignored when hitting multiple targets. We have equalized the global cooldown for this item set so it’s more in-line with other item sets."

But I have no idea what old cooldown or new cooldown is and how it will affect things. Any insight would be helpful.

There's a thread somewhere in the PvP section. The cooldown is 5 seconds. Apparently the bug was that they were applying the cooldown to each target individually instead of to the character wearing the item set, so if you were tagging 5 mobs with dots you could trigger 5 meteors in 5 seconds. Now it's 1 meteor per 5, regardless of the size of pull. Seems to be the way it's working, although I didn't run a timer on any single boss fights with any significant length on them to track the number of meteors I was getting to try to verify the cooldown.
    Vokundein
    Khaer - Elder of Legend Gaming
    Legend Gaming Website | Join Us

•  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Khaer wrote: »

There's a thread somewhere in the PvP section. The cooldown is 5 seconds. Apparently the bug was that they were applying the cooldown to each target individually instead of to the character wearing the item set, so if you were tagging 5 mobs with dots you could trigger 5 meteors in 5 seconds. Now it's 1 meteor per 5, regardless of the size of pull. Seems to be the way it's working, although I didn't run a timer on any single boss fights with any significant length on them to track the number of meteors I was getting to try to verify the cooldown.

Do you know if this internal cooldown is exclusively for AOE or if it applies to ST too? Its applicable to the user now?

I tested on Bloodspawn and my dps was definitely down. I'm not sure precisely why.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PS I have been a major supporter of this game since launch but I'm about done. You work hard to get a set and then they ruin it. Awesome

Agreed. I ran COA 30+ times to get the helm and grinded out vet dailies 3x a day for about 2 weeks to get the shoulders. Very disappointing if this severely affects the set.

JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tested it today. Your single target dps should be identical, but your AOE dps will go down significantly. I noticed something like a 25-50% decrease in AoE dps, but single target was unchanged.
    Edited by timidobserver on March 31, 2015 3:54AM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    People cried on forum about OP Valkyn <-- nerf Valkyn. Did you expect something else, then nerf? Set was super effective vs zergs, now it super useless in Cyro, i guess thats how ZOS trying to force people play small groups (irony). Also collectible set from COA that inflicted burning after fire damage i.e proccing meteors more often is nerfed by this too, COA is not so usable dung now . Wonder when the true OP set - Engine Guardian will be nerfed to 30 sec gcd
    Edited by Cinbri on March 31, 2015 8:40AM
  • byrom101b16_ESO
    byrom101b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

5 Seconds on a 4% proc chance!?

Yet again Zenimax end up owing me many hours spent playing to get something they turn into dross after the fact...

... as a LA wearing Sorcerer with VS set, I am begining to feel like Zenimax are PERSONALLY following me around nerfing me! lmfao
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously - then if that is case, they should increase % to like 8 or even 10. I mean was a 4% chance in the FIRST place.

Some PVPers and their constant complaining are why we can't have nice things.
    Edited by Islyn on March 31, 2015 9:39AM
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guys, any set which can be triggered too often by spamming AE effects as steel tornado is OP. Ravaging set will also be nurfed, as well as any other set that triggers too often. It is just a matter of time, until the really slow combat dev team will recognize.
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

O Hai @Jules <3

I didnt notice much difference today in the daylie. In AoE its just not raining that much anymore. But it´s still fine.
    Edited by xMovingTarget on March 31, 2015 10:07AM
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I tested it today. Your single target dps should be identical, but your AOE dps will go down significantly. I noticed something like a 25-50% decrease in AoE dps, but single target was unchanged.

Well that would depend on what the cooldown was before, or if there even was one, right? If before I could proc on a 4% change with 0 cooldown it could potentially proc more than once per 5 seconds, even on a ST. Unless I misunderstand.

& yeah, AOE DPS atleast in spindle went from about 30-40k to about 25k. Sadness. Really wanted to hit 100k dps on that gigantic troll pull in SO.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

O Hai @Jules <3

I didnt notice much difference today in the daylie. In AoE its just not raining that much anymore. But it´s still fine.

Hay @xMovingTarget :blush:
    Yeah I compared with some vids I had recorded of myself from before and the meteors drop about 5-7 times on Bloodspawn and comparable in current times. So I guess ST it must be fine for the most part. Testing on serpent will probably be more telling.

For some reason my DPS went from 15.5ish to 13ish on Bloodspawn and I can't figure out why though.
    Edited by Jules on March 31, 2015 12:08PM
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • Observant
    Observant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why are there people complaining that an exploitable bug was fixed?
    It was never meant to apply the cool-down to the targeted person(s), only the caster.

Imagine if my Bogdan totem proc'd for every healed person in my group instead of giving me the cool-down?

Vehemence
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Observant wrote: »
    It was never meant to apply the cool-down to the targeted person(s), only the caster.

Imagine if my Bogdan totem proc'd for every healed person in my group instead of giving me the cool-down?

The complaint in this thread is mostly about the lack of detailed information in the patch notes than fixing an exploitable bug. The item has no cooldown listed, so there is no way to tell what all they changed and how much they changed it based the line from the patch notes.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Mantic0r3
    Mantic0r3
    ✭✭✭

totem has a cd stated in description, valkyn doesnt. see the difference?
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, any set which can be triggered too often by spamming AE effects as steel tornado is OP. Ravaging set will also be nurfed, as well as any other set that triggers too often. It is just a matter of time, until the really slow combat dev team will recognize.

Stop nerfing stuff. Provide us with interesting and efficient choices instead of 99% trash that forces us to wear stuff that you think triggers too often.
    Edited by Joy_Division on March 31, 2015 1:51PM
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

5 Seconds on a 4% proc chance!?

Yet again Zenimax end up owing me many hours spent playing to get something they turn into dross after the fact...

... as a LA wearing Sorcerer with VS set, I am begining to feel like Zenimax are PERSONALLY following me around nerfing me! lmfao

Exactly. Valkyns does not have (and never did have) a cd in its description. We are completely left in the dark as to how frequently this set is able to proc. That's pretty crucial information when trying to determine whether the set is worthwhile.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Stop nerfing stuff. Provide us with interesting and efficient choices instead of 99% trash that forces us to wear stuff that you think triggers too often.

Agreed. I hate the nerf hammer regardless. It just leaves people feeling like their efforts were for nothing.

Zos needs to release a set/skill/ect to us when it has been tested efficiently BY THEM and operates as intended. They need to consider things like cooldown before releasing a set and put it in the actual description. That way, all players are well informed. This pattern of

1) release a set/skill/trait prematurely
    2) then nerf it once the community has tested it for you

is just sloppy and old.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • byrom101b16_ESO
    byrom101b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are falling for the oldest lazy Dev. trick in the MMO handbook - the 'something we programmed that way quite deliberately needs (after much player 'playtesting') to be changed because we fracked up... so we'll call it a 'bug/unintended effect etc.' and change it to something else'.

Yeah... God forbid they actually admit they made a mistake and need to correct it, and, you know APOLOGISE for everyone's wasted time!

The Valkyn Skoria set is the hardest two piece head/shoulder set to get hold of. Hardest vet dungeon, low, low drop rates.

People had every reason to believe the set was as good as it was because it was harder to achieve.

No-one was exploiting anything - and if you go around believing everything Zenimax say to cover up the real reasons for their mistakes, you'll probably fall for anything...
  • patrykplawskib16_ESO
    Why cant they just get rid of this pvp nerifng *** almost 80% of the nerfs happen cause of pvp, i may have pulled that number out of my ass but i know for sure most nerfs happen due to pvp, its destroying this game i feel now discouraged to play and you people who think this is a good change well id look at the set and read it "4% chance to proc" that is so little its a joke to even attempt using it.
    Dunmer Master Race
  • jarydf
    jarydf
    ✭✭✭✭
    VS was going to be changed. I dont know exactly what it does but how much everybody wanted those head and shoulders, they were bright orange and stood out, meant it was bound to happen.
  • Vandril
    Vandril
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why cant they just get rid of this pvp nerifng *** almost 80% of the nerfs happen cause of pvp, i may have pulled that number out of my ass but i know for sure most nerfs happen due to pvp, its destroying this game i feel now discouraged to play and you people who think this is a good change well id look at the set and read it "4% chance to proc" that is so little its a joke to even attempt using it.

Obviously. Because a single item set bonus which buffed PvE AoE DPS by upwards of 70% by its lonesome couldn't possibly have caused the PvE nerf due to being overpowered in PvE, right?

No, never. Of course not.
  • byrom101b16_ESO
    byrom101b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vandril wrote: »

Obviously. Because a single item set bonus which buffed PvE AoE DPS by upwards of 70% by its lonesome couldn't possibly have caused the PvE nerf due to being overpowered in PvE, right?

Nice to see people pulling figures straight out of their a**es and passing them off as fact.
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice to see people pulling figures straight out of their a**es and passing them off as fact.

well every DPS(or DPS negating) ability beeing to strong in PvP is to strong in PvE. but instead of mobs player are actual vocal if they stand no chance, or in case of valkyn after chasing for serverlag creating abilities they realised that in ae situations valkyn was overperforming to what they have intended it to do and thus nerved it. have no problem with that its still the most powerfull dmg increasement you can have but it is simply no longer out shine the other undaunted dmg sets by 300-1000% (depending on class) in an AE situation.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• byrom101b16_ESO
    byrom101b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »

well every DPS(or DPS negating) ability beeing to strong in PvP is to strong in PvE. but instead of mobs player are actual vocal if they stand no chance, or in case of valkyn after chasing for serverlag creating abilities they realised that in ae situations valkyn was overperforming to what they have intended it to do and thus nerved it. have no problem with that its still the most powerfull dmg increasement you can have but it is simply no longer out shine the other undaunted dmg sets by 300-1000% (depending on class) in an AE situation.

300%-1000%?

Where do you get this figure?

Against which sets is it based?

Did you take into account proc rate, radius, targets, range, class variables, and have you got anything approaching an objectives assessment of this to prove your figures?

Be honest now...
    Edited by byrom101b16_ESO on April 1, 2015 10:38AM
  • Observant
    Observant
    ✭✭✭✭

You are falling for the oldest lazy Dev. trick in the MMO handbook - the 'something we programmed that way quite deliberately needs (after much player 'playtesting') to be changed because we fracked up... so we'll call it a 'bug/unintended effect etc.' and change it to something else'.

Yeah... God forbid they actually admit they made a mistake and need to correct it, and, you know APOLOGISE for everyone's wasted time!

The Valkyn Skoria set is the hardest two piece head/shoulder set to get hold of. Hardest vet dungeon, low, low drop rates.

People had every reason to believe the set was as good as it was because it was harder to achieve.

No-one was exploiting anything - and if you go around believing everything Zenimax say to cover up the real reasons for their mistakes, you'll probably fall for anything...

I derped hard here, yes. I had no idea the set didn't have a cool-down stated in the item description, I'm sorry. I was caught up in the stupid OP Title wording (Nerfed). But to "not notice" an exploit so obvious is sheer ignorance.
    Edited by Observant on April 1, 2015 11:26AM
    Vehemence
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I derped hard here, yes. I had no idea the set didn't have a cool-down stated in the item description, I'm sorry. I was caught up in the stupid OP Title wording (Nerfed). But to "not notice" an exploit so obvious is sheer ignorance.

In case you were unclear- nerfed is just a general slang term for if something is changed to be less worthwhile than it had been originally. And there was a question mark implying uncertainty. It was appropriately used.
    Edited by Jules on April 1, 2015 12:19PM
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • Observant
    Observant
    ✭✭✭✭

In case you were unclear- nerfed is just a general slang term for if something is changed to be less worthwhile than it had been originally. And there was a question mark implying uncertainty. It was appropriately used.

Nerfed isn't slang, it's a real technical term with a defined meaning.

e.g
    I am tired of you nerfing my endgame gear for PVP.

This was a legitimate bug, @timidobserver. And a bad one at that. It needed to be fixed. It's not a nerf (a change to something that was working as designed.)

Edit - Here's the answer to the cooldown you guys have been looking for:
    The meteor proc has a 5 second cooldown which should be checking a timer that is rooted on the player who has the armor on, however this particular set was checking against each individual target the player with the set damaged (every time they got damaged) resulting in many more meteor's than designed proc'ing from this set.
    Edited by Observant on April 1, 2015 5:21PM
    Vehemence
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

e.g

This was a legitimate bug, @timidobserver. And a bad one at that. It needed to be fixed. It's not a nerf (a change to something that was working as designed.)

The meteor proc has a 5 second cooldown which should be checking a timer that is rooted on the player who has the armor on, however this particular set was checking against each individual target the player with the set damaged (every time they got damaged) resulting in many more meteor's than designed proc'ing from this set.

Find me a single reputable dictionary site with "nerfed" in it. You won't be able to. Why? Because It's not a "real technical term". It's gaming jargon. The fact that you would even defend that just proves you don't have google.

And all of this is entirely unrelated to the fact that 1) you made an ignorant post the first time 2) you then tried to redeem yourself to everyone else but called me stupid in the process. 3) you entirely missed the point because I am absolutely not stupid and the word nerfed was used as intended.

(Not all that observant eh?)
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • Observant
    Observant
    ✭✭✭✭

e.g

Find me a single reputable dictionary site with "nerfed" in it. You won't be able to. Why? Because It's not a "real technical term". It's gaming jargon. The fact that you would even defend that just proves you don't have google.

And all of this is entirely unrelated to the fact that 1) you made an ignorant post the first time 2) you then tried to redeem yourself to everyone else but called me stupid in the process. 3) you entirely missed the point because I am absolutely not stupid and the word nerfed was used as intended.

(Not all that observant eh?)

Lmfao, oh Jules.
    I said your title wording is stupid, not you. Why are you so personally butt-hurt over this?
    I used that definition, because it's the definition of "Nerfing" in these very forums, as described and outlined by the Admins. I'm merely passing along information.

(If anything, overly-Observant, eh)
    Edited by Observant on April 1, 2015 6:44PM
    Vehemence