Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

[HELP!] Cadwell's Almanac quest bugged. cannot progress

erik.r.cumminsb14a_ESO
erik.r.cumminsb14a_ESO
Soul Shriven
I have tried to create a ticket in game, but the customer support tab does not load(another bug?)

I am stuck on Shinji's Scrap quest line. I have collected he Ogre teeth and turned it in. There is no other quest to pick up, yet I have not completed Shinji's Scrap. I have looked all over for the quest but found nothing. I really need this solved, as i am Vet 9 and NEED to move on.

I really wish we did not have to do all these quests to move on. Especialy when I see people having these issues 6+ months ago.

Thank you.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on August 4, 2022 12:23PM
  • Glierhuin
    Glierhuin
    ✭✭✭
    It's not bugged, you just missed a quest somewhere.

This is one of a few quests you might have missed:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Another_Omen

That simply happens when you walk away from an NPC where you turn in a quest, not picking up the next one. You might end up realizing you have missed something a couple of objectives later.
    I have approximate knowledge of many things.
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got a friend who is having the same issue with picking up the Mournhold quests in Deshaan. The last quests she needs before she can move on to gold.
  • erik.r.cumminsb14a_ESO
    erik.r.cumminsb14a_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I have done all of the prereq's and searched everywhere. I wish I could just have a GM count it as good and let me move on.
  • erik.r.cumminsb14a_ESO
    erik.r.cumminsb14a_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Is this not the right place to get help for this? I cannot create a ticket in game because the customer support tab shows nothing.
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you looked at the Cadwells part of the journal to see which parts don't show up as completed? Hit J, the click on the menu for Cadwell's. Anything that is completed will have a checkmark next to it.
  • Glierhuin
    Glierhuin
    ✭✭✭
    Shinji's Scarp is part of the Almanac. Many people seem to have trouble finding the right quests. I can't really explain why because I found the zone to be pretty obvious straight-forward. Noone can tell you which quest you missed along the road, so better take a look at uesp.com and walk through the whole zone again with the quest list there.

A GM can't "mark it as solved" for you That's not how it works.

These quests belong to the objective. As you only completed "Ogre Teeth" you are missing the following:

Shinji's Scarp Objective: Help the Murtag Clan stop the Ironhand ogres.

General Godrun's Orders: Help the Murtag Clan reclaim Shinji's Scarp.
    Ending the Ogre Threat: Stop the Ironhand ogres from using the mountain cavern to attack Shinji's Scarp.
    Godrun's Dream: Rescue the general from the realm of nightmares.

Go here http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:General_Godrun%27s_Orders and trace your way back with the "Prerequisite Quest" function to find out where you lost the story line.
    I have approximate knowledge of many things.
  • RestlessPilgrim
    Occasionally the invisible npc's bug occurs meaning no General appearing and no quests other than Ogre's Teeth and carrying a message (yaawwwwn) As usual, hope the General appears on a reload or hell freezes over. The latter infinitely more likely than Zenimax ever giving a damn.
    !!NB Make sure you've completed Pariah Abbey (Another Omen) and At-Tura questlines first!!
    Edited by RestlessPilgrim on July 20, 2015 5:35PM
  • YUM_Cha
    YUM_Cha
    Soul Shriven
    This is another instance where 'design' combined with gamers choices can contribute to loosing the narrative thread.
    If you do not enter a dream sequence straight away, and instead choose to do other things, the quest is not taken up and the thread goes blank. If you come back a fair while later there is nothing to guide you back to your position in the narrative. THis happens in other quests, especially main quests.
  • tjbhunter
    tjbhunter
    ✭✭
    For everyone who has this issue, like me... I figured it out. After you turn in "Ending the Ogre Threat" to Sergeant Olfin in the Officers Quarters, you then have to go upstairs where you will find Abbot Durak with the General, who gives you the next quest in the chain. It's really easy to miss, especially if you are only paying partial attention, because you cant see the quest giver marker without looking up at the ceiling, or going upstairs.

If this helps you, flag it as insightful, because I am really curious how often this is happening.
  • TheGent
    TheGent
    ✭✭✭
    zwgp2x6l7c7z.jpg
    hp4vzbi3yf0s.jpg
    6oumzb00hlbu.jpg
    Nothing happens neither one of them has a option to do anything
    ESO: @The.Gent
    I really need a questing friend. Playing solo is lonely and boring (i am in multiple guilds too)

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this discussion is now over several years old, we have decided to close the thread. If you still need assistance, please start a new thread in the General Help forum.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.