The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Gotta fix shield stacking!

Baphomet
Baphomet
✭✭✭✭✭
Because it wasn't as it was promised to be.

With the current numbers, you can still stack 20,000 worth of hit points.

That's not a fix.
- The Psijic Order
- TKO
- Dominant Dominion
- The Noore
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, one shield active at any one time or diminishing returns for the other shields besides the first one you cast or something. Shieldstacking is so stupid.

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the only thing stopping them is healing ward. If it wasn't for that they could put a major and minor on it. Barrier and dragon leap for major, minor for boneshield, hardened ward, igneous shield, harness magicka. There is a catagory below that, such as brawler, shielding glyph, and shield assault but I think that should remain stackable as it's very small in comparison.

I don't know, maybe they can just give healing ward it's own category so that the major and minor bubbles don't interfere with healing.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sure change rolldodging to affect only one attack per roll and we have a deal.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

Options
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »

Dude stacking 20.000 hitpoints as a Sorcerer is in no way comparable to dodge rolling. You seem to think that stamina classes can dodge forever, well they can't, they run out of stamina very very very fast if they dodge roll a lot. Not all stamina builds have access to +120% (adding all sources) stamina recovery like Bosmer Nightblades.
    Edited by Zsymon on March 28, 2015 10:53AM
    Options
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    7min of consecutive rolldodging infight enough for you?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1AKU5kM5Dk
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

Options
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be difficult to balance, because there are so many sources of shields now. The various class shields, Healing Ward, Brawler, Harness Magicka and the several new ones from CP. I wouldn't want my class shield diminished simply because I happened to drink a potion or block a few seconds ago.

I could see a rule whereby "only the biggest shield counts," if procced shields were in a separate category. As mentioned before, they'd also need to fix Healing Ward. Sorcs and NB's depend on it heavily.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

Options
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can we just get a working stamina-based shield and call it a day?

Brawler and 1h&s shields are complete jokes compared to almost anything that magicka has going for it, and Bone Shield doesn't work at all and devs aren't even acknowledging it, so lord only knows if they even know it's broken.
    Edited by Varicite on March 28, 2015 7:28PM
    Options
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fix wrecking blow and then you can fix shield stacking.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

Options
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah......shield stacking is annoying but currently I run dampen magic and healing ward soooooo....please do t take it away lol, its how I survive in full light armor!
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
    Options
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Was just about to say the exact same thing!
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
    Options
  • HungerCity
    HungerCity
    ✭✭
    I love got people get mad when it becomes hard to 1 shot everyone in their path, if you don't want to change your tatics ( hint shield stacking sorcs have NO STAMINA) theirs a great game out for you where you can mash 1 button with out thinking it's called Hungry Hungry Hippo's.
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    just perma CC them and kill them.

Play it WoW style:)
    Options
  • akredon_ESO
    akredon_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok so we need to fix..... Wrecking Blow spam, Shield stacking, Dodge roll spammers CC break not working... what else can we add to the list of things to be "fixed"
    Options
  • TheBucket
    TheBucket
    ✭✭✭✭
    7min of consecutive rolldodging infight enough for you?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1AKU5kM5Dk

Dude you are comoaring someone using the PTS and 1000+cp with what Sorcs can do right now
    William Reignes
    Magic Nightblade - Rogue Bomber
    Creator of Thirsty Thief Build (Retired 1.5)
    Options
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know what it was, but last night a dude wrecking blowed me from like 10m away over and over and would break my stealth. That normal now lol?
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
    Options