The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Rise of The Perma-Dodger

• Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    Varicite wrote: »
    Mumyo wrote: »
    This changes on the other hand would be allright if they would nerf the NB regeneration as battle roar

What are you planning to compensate NBs w/ as they have this passive to help rectify their lowered defenses as compared to ALL other classes in the game?

compensation???

NBs have the best class based self heals and class based damage shields in the game!!! we are OP as heck! we don't need "compensation"!!

phh, milk drinkers.

that part is true
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »
    This changes on the other hand would be allright if they would nerf the NB regeneration as battle roar

What are you planning to compensate NBs w/ as they have this passive to help rectify their lowered defenses as compared to ALL other classes in the game?

compensation???

NBs have the best class based self heals and class based damage shields in the game!!! we are OP as heck! we don't need "compensation"!!

phh, milk drinkers.

that part is true

I know a one-armed man who can do 80 push-ups in under a minute.

This means that all one-armed men are perfectly suited for doing push-ups and have no disadvantages. : )
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

compensation???

phh, milk drinkers.

that part is true

This means that all one-armed men are perfectly suited for doing push-ups and have no disadvantages. : )

could you plz tell my finance authority that i must be handicaped as i´m unable to do 80 pushups in under 60seconds? and thus have the right fo a tax deduction >:)
    Edited by Tankqull on April 18, 2015 5:38PM
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    capremoval was such a stupid idea! This game is dead since developers give a *** and dont even waste a little thought before doing idiotic stuff.
    The softcap issue is an unfortunate one. A lot of players, myself included, thought it would be better to have the softcaps removed, as did the developers. With the help of Captain Hindsight I have now realized that some form of softcapping is not that bad at all.

Edited by Lava_Croft on April 18, 2015 6:26PM
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iyas wrote: »
    Hm so you want a split between offensive costs for stamina abilities (normal stamina reduction glyphs) and defensive abilities (Dodge roll with new glyph).
    But its the same for magicka builds: a magicka reduce glyph reduces the costs for offensive and defensive abilities (abs. shields).

And of course is more costs for dodge roll a nerf. not in the sense of nerfing the effects of the dodge roll but that you can do less.

Magicka builds also must rely on Stamina Cost reduction glyphs if they want to increase the amount of dodge rolls they can do. Trust me on this, if I have 2-3 high damage people on me at once I die *Very fast* the only way I'm currently able to survive is not by spamming damage shields but by dodge rolling into bolt escape over and over and *then* refreshing my damage shields.

You also should keep in mind that Magicka cost reduction caps at 21% with light Armor but dodge rolling caps at 28%. Tumbling caps at 18% but Magician cost reduction caps at 15.8%.

Ezareth wrote: »
    Iyas wrote: »
    Now that youre finish with nirnhoned. Dodge is next? :s

I've never said to nerf dodge roll. I think its fine how it is.

I think stamina cost reduction enchants need split into break free\dodge roll and stamina cost reduction and I think we need some heavy curtailing of the top end of *all* regen.

In my opinion this will hurt the wrong people, the people that have less regeneration, the ones with big regeneration wont care about it, as i allready explained and tried... My NB doesnt care about the cost reduction at all( i fought days without it and i can really kick asses and get away as often as i wish. My Templar on the other hand really needs it and cant dodgeroll too often allready.
    Playing these 2 classes i really feel a very big difference.

This changes on the other hand would be allright if they would nerf the NB regeneration as battle roar (OMG im getting flamed now) or buff the sorc and templars regenerations in terms of stamina. I prefer nerfing here.

This is why I think the people that want the enchant for defensive purposes such as myself and your templar should have an enchant to do that. The people who want stamina cost reduction for stamina cost reduction should be able to do that as well.

Additionally if regeneration overall were nerfed at the top end, these changes would be felt by everyone. I
    BTW I have a question. Roll dodging one or two even 3 players work fine but when more than that attack me, say a zerg, I can spam dodge roll but still be hit by everything. While I notice certain other people can spam dodge roll against 20 people ans dodge everything, they using an escape macro or somthing. Lol?

They're probably using the set to extend the protection of dodge roll by .3 seconds. This set eliminates the split second where you can be damage by normal abilities between dodge rolls and is pretty powerful.

compensation???

phh, milk drinkers.

that part is true

I just timed myself and it took me One minute and 3 seconds to do 80 1-armed pushups. Clearly 1-armed people need nerfed.

Conversely I bet I can do more 2-armed pushups than him in under a minute ( =
    Edited by Ezareth on April 19, 2015 1:45AM
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just timed myself and it took me One minute and 3 seconds to do 80 1-armed pushups. Clearly 1-armed people need nerfed.

Conversely I bet I can do more 2-armed pushups than him in under a minute ( =

Touche'.

Let's just nerf arms altogether.
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭

compensation???

phh, milk drinkers.

Best class based self heals? We don't have one.
    www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

compensation???

phh, milk drinkers.

I know :D
    according to some people, the NB is the most OP class in the game, so im humoring said people.
    Edited by Cody on April 20, 2015 12:06AM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

compensation???

phh, milk drinkers.

that part is true

i can barely do 10 in 60 seconds with two arms....

:(

nah JK, its more like 20 or so.
    Edited by Cody on April 20, 2015 12:07AM
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭

compensation???

phh, milk drinkers.

I know :D
    according to some people, the NB is the most OP class in the game, so im humoring said people.

Ahhh my bad.
    www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

compensation???

phh, milk drinkers.

that part is true

i can barely do 10 in 60 seconds with two arms....

:(

nah JK, its more like 20 or so.

To be honest, I think I can only do like 30 or so. : /
  • smtdbplus
    smtdbplus
    ✭✭✭
    one simple and perfect solution, eso to change to use magika for block, roll, sneak, sprint.

magika build can roll forever

stam build have another resource pool

all problems solved
    Edited by smtdbplus on April 20, 2015 10:33AM
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    smtdbplus wrote: »
    one simple and perfect solution, eso to change to use magika for block, roll, sneak, sprint.

magika build can roll forever

stam build have another resource pool

all problems solved

I know logic and eso, but seriously?
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Spangla
    Spangla
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apply the 50% cost increase that bol has to dodge role if second role is activated within 4 seconds....?

Job done?
  • Dositheus
    Dositheus
    ✭✭✭
    Spangla wrote: »
    Apply the 50% cost increase that bol has to dodge role if second role is activated within 4 seconds....?

Job done?

Perfectly fine with that if you make the dodge roll also move me as far as Bolt does.
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dositheus wrote: »

Job done?

Perfectly fine with that if you make the dodge roll also move me as far as Bolt does.

And stun people.

And do damage.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Job done?

And stun people.

And do damage.

And Bolt Escape makes you invulnerable to all but a few certain abilities....and no longer requires a slot on all 3 of my bars.

But this is about Free Dodge Rolls not Bolt Escape. Bolt escape can't be cast infinitely no matter the build.

Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Job done?

And stun people.

And do damage.

And Bolt Escape makes you invulnerable to all but a few certain abilities....and no longer requires a slot on all 3 of my bars.

But this is about Free Dodge Rolls not Bolt Escape. Bolt escape can't be cast infinitely no matter the build.

Putting BE on all 3 of your bars is your choice (though I keep it on 2 of my bars as well, I'm not exactly forced to do this).

Although, a stam morph for BE sounds pretty good...

PS) There's no such thing as a free dodge roll. There's just quickly cost-recouped dodge rolls. ; )
    Edited by Varicite on April 21, 2015 2:16AM
  • morvegil
    morvegil
    ✭✭✭✭
    ISnt Sypher using this
    Lo'ke
    Nord Vampire
    Nightblade
    Shield+BOW

Daggerfall Covenant
    Bandit King
    Bridge Bandits Guild
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Job done?

And stun people.

And do damage.

Putting BE on all 3 of your bars is your choice (though I keep it on 2 of my bars as well, I'm not exactly forced to do this).

PS) There's no such thing as a free dodge roll. There's just quickly cost-recouped dodge rolls. ; )

It's unfortunately a necessary choice unless I want to trust my survival to the lag gods. Nothing worse than getting stuck in overload or on your offbar with 2 two-hander monkeys on you and not be able to dodgeroll/bolt escape away.

Stam morph to bolt escape sounds atrocious to me....they'd better make a third morph if they want to make a stam morph lol.
    morvegil wrote: »
    ISnt Sypher using this

I think he is to some degree, with a tripot his regen is a bit over 2K. I can't speak for what sets he is using but I dont think he's running a full stam regen build.
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • jpalm1995
    jpalm1995
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah!! Lets nerf everything besides sorcs! Sorcs are 100% balanced!!!
    I always say that I hate this game, yet for some reason i'm still here.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    jpalm1995 wrote: »
    Yeah!! Lets nerf everything besides sorcs! Sorcs are 100% balanced!!!
    comp101.jpg
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not even going to read the wall of text as I'm sure it's some sort of tin foil wearing tirade about how game breaking roll dodging is. It's the same BS we have been hearing about sorcs even after the BE nerf. Please stop calling for nerfs on classes and builds.
    :trollin:
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not even going to read the wall of text as I'm sure it's some sort of tin foil wearing tirade about how game breaking roll dodging is. It's the same BS we have been hearing about sorcs even after the BE nerf. Please stop calling for nerfs on classes and builds.
    vlt-350x200.gif
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    After seeing it from both sides of the fence (Magic Sorc since launch, recent convert to stamina) i'd say Ball of Lighting/Bolt Escape and dodge roll are equal or on par.

Both skills do the same thing which is avoid damage and move the player. Ball of Lighting Absorbs spells and teleports the Sorc farther, Roll Dodge avoids a single target projectile, but doesn't move the player any where near as far as bolt escape does.

Its a two way street. I think the fact that high regen builds allow folks to spam Bolt Escape and Dodge roll way more then we used to is probably part of the problem. I think if we can cut down on the infinite resource regen builds, a lot of these problems will solve themselves.

I think a big part of the complain about dodge roll is this:

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Crusader+Set

That set extends the time you dodge, in essence it makes you much harder to hit. Its no more OP then BOL(Actually less) look at the traits on that set! total trash, look at how much weapon damage, etc you have to give up to use that set effectivly.

You must use Vet 10 regen food, and forgo weapon damage for stamina recovery to be able to pull it off. Its just like a Sorc who specs to Bolt Escape as much as possible, they give up a considerable amount of damage and such to be able to do that, its no different with dodge roll.

I still think if we can get rid of the infinite resource insane high regen builds, these problems will sort themselves.
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    woodsro wrote: »
    After seeing it from both sides of the fence (Magic Sorc since launch, recent convert to stamina) i'd say Ball of Lighting/Bolt Escape and dodge roll are equal or on par.

Both skills do the same thing which is avoid damage and move the player. Ball of Lighting Absorbs spells and teleports the Sorc farther, Roll Dodge avoids a single target projectile, but doesn't move the player any where near as far as bolt escape does.

Its a two way street. I think the fact that high regen builds allow folks to spam Bolt Escape and Dodge roll way more then we used to is probably part of the problem. I think if we can cut down on the infinite resource regen builds, a lot of these problems will solve themselves.

That set extends the time you dodge, in essence it makes you much harder to hit. Its no more OP then BOL(Actually less) look at the traits on that set! total trash, look at how much weapon damage, etc you have to give up to use that set effectivly.

You must use Vet 10 regen food, and forgo weapon damage for stamina recovery to be able to pull it off. Its just like a Sorc who specs to Bolt Escape as much as possible, they give up a considerable amount of damage and such to be able to do that, its no different with dodge roll.

I still think if we can get rid of the infinite resource insane high regen builds, these problems will sort themselves.

This has nothing to do with Bolt escape or Sorcs at all.

Dodge roll is nothing like Bolt escape (read the previous half dozen pages on this) so they aren't equal or on par as they are nothing alike. If you want to compare them you then you can't by any build in the game that exists bolt escape forever. You can Dodge roll forever however with many builds in the game. The real issue is it is exceedingly easy to create a build that allows you to dodge roll whenever you need to without concern for cost.

I'm not trying to get Dodge roll nerfed, only change it so that people who want to do this have to actually trade something to be able to do it. Stamina regeneration and Stamina Cost Reduction and Medium armor are not tradeoffs.

When I use seducer or archmage or both to reduce the cost of my spells I lose the ability to use martial knowledge and adroitness or other sets that give me quite a bit of bonus damage. You can use a Medium armor build with stamina reduction enchants as many classes and combos in this game and dodge roll for several minutes straight. That's the issue, not that it is too powerful or that people are using a set with it.

Let's not forget that dodge rolls will grant resistance and knock opponents off balance when dodging abilities before long as well. The top end stacking of this ability needs to be limited in some way that only impacts those who are abusing it.
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Job done?

And stun people.

And do damage.

It's unfortunately a necessary choice unless I want to trust my survival to the lag gods. Nothing worse than getting stuck in overload or on your offbar with 2 two-hander monkeys on you and not be able to dodgeroll/bolt escape away.

Stam morph to bolt escape sounds atrocious to me....they'd better make a third morph if they want to make a stam morph lol.
    morvegil wrote: »
    ISnt Sypher using this

I think he is to some degree, with a tripot his regen is a bit over 2K. I can't speak for what sets he is using but I dont think he's running a full stam regen build.

A friend of mine had me watch his live stream today. He dodge rolls non-stop and was still killed in under 10sec, in every encounter, for the 20 odd minutes I watched. His magicka NB friend survived much, much longer spamming cloak.

Think he is using one of the dodge roll weapon damage sets. Maybe it is the Crusader armor set that people are having problems with.
  • Zielijiek
    Zielijiek
    ✭✭✭
    Ezareth,

We get it. You can't kill dodge rollers. Figure it out man. Btw, try Soul Assault, you may win from now on.
    Let fate be your guide.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Job done?

no.

then it becomes impossible to use for people who dont spec into infinite resource builds.

if I am forced to use an infinite resource build just to dodge roll 3 times, WITH all the abilities that get thru dodge rolling atm, I will quit my stamina build and go magicka, as then my survivablility goes to ZERO.

fix regain issues, fix softcap issues, boom. done.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    woodsro wrote: »

This has nothing to do with Bolt escape or Sorcs at all.

Dodge roll is nothing like Bolt escape (read the previous half dozen pages on this) so they aren't equal or on par as they are nothing alike. If you want to compare them you then you can't by any build in the game that exists bolt escape forever. You can Dodge roll forever however with many builds in the game. The real issue is it is exceedingly easy to create a build that allows you to dodge roll whenever you need to without concern for cost.

I'm not trying to get Dodge roll nerfed, only change it so that people who want to do this have to actually trade something to be able to do it. Stamina regeneration and Stamina Cost Reduction and Medium armor are not tradeoffs.

When I use seducer or archmage or both to reduce the cost of my spells I lose the ability to use martial knowledge and adroitness or other sets that give me quite a bit of bonus damage. You can use a Medium armor build with stamina reduction enchants as many classes and combos in this game and dodge roll for several minutes straight. That's the issue, not that it is too powerful or that people are using a set with it.

Let's not forget that dodge rolls will grant resistance and knock opponents off balance when dodging abilities before long as well. The top end stacking of this ability needs to be limited in some way that only impacts those who are abusing it.

they are doing that with dodge rolling?

hmm... i do not forsee great things.