Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Returning Player for 2.0 - with questions!

Tizerak
Tizerak
✭✭✭
I stopped playing about a month after Craglorn came out last year (no idea when that was) my highest toons are a VR4 Templar and a VR8 DK; I've picked up on things like: no more soft cap, morphs that change class abilities to base of stam/weapon damage, all heavy attacks besides resto staff give resources back, etc.
But, I also feel like I have a ton of questions in mind:

1. Are crafted sets from the secret crafting stations still good/superior to what you find?

2. Are hybrid stamina/magicka builds dead with the removal of the softcap? Should you just pick one over the other?

3. HP for PvE, is it important? Or do you just dump all your points into magicka/stamina?

4. PvP builds - all HP with some of both or 1 of stamina/magicka?

5. Motifs - I know I still need Imperial/Ancient Elf (I have no idea where these new Dwemer ones) where are they found these days since you can't really raid town trunks and stuff like you used to because of the Justice system.

6. Justice System - what speeds up bounty decay the most? I know murdering isn't very lucrative; I spent some time questing in Cyrodil when I had a 4k bounty on my head and it went away when I came out.

7. Werewolf build - It seems there has been a lot of improvements to WW's in my absence, I would have stuck with my DK for it because of the old Molten Armaments prebuff but they changed/nerfed that spell so I didn't know if any class was better than another at being a WW for pre-buffing/debuffing.

8. For players that are Werewolves in regards to PvP; do Fighter’s Guild / Poison do more damage to them only if they transform into a Werewolf? Or when they are human as well?

9. Evil Hunter - how exactly does it make undead/daedra (and I assume Werewolves if you take Skilled Tracker) easier to see? Do they get some kind of glow?

10. Why is my VR8's exp gain so abysmal compared to my VR4? even in Cyrodil the VR4 gets about 30k exp a quest where the VR8 gets 7k, he's in Glenumbra ATM and the main quests only give 4k too.

That's all I can think of for now.
  • tiamak
    tiamak
    ✭✭✭
    Tizerak wrote: »
    1. Are crafted sets from the secret crafting stations still good/superior to what you find?
    I don't know about the sets that drop in trials, but still, crafted sets are very good.
    2. Are hybrid stamina/magicka builds dead with the removal of the softcap? Should you just pick one over the other?
    If you go hybrid, you will lose spell and weapon damage compared to a pure magicka or stamina build. Don't know if there are some roles or builds where this is compensated by the variety you gain.
    3. HP for PvE, is it important? Or do you just dump all your points into magicka/stamina?
    That depends on what you're doing in PvE, I guess. I'd say, dumping all points in, e.g., magicka and running around in a bathrobe would make you a snack for most mobs in most of the group content. If you go all stamina, you're most likely to wear medium armor, still squishy but with a little more survivability. Maybe you could start with 1/3 HP and the rest on magicka (or stamina). If that doesn't work, spend some gold to redistribute the points.
    5. Motifs - I know I still need Imperial/Ancient Elf (I have no idea where these new Dwemer ones) where are they found these days since you can't really raid town trunks and stuff like you used to because of the Justice system.
    I found a daedric motive in a solo dungeon in Rift. For Dwemer motives, you need to pay a visit to dwemer dungeons.

• Tizerak
    Tizerak
    ✭✭✭
    I never got to VR12 to do Craglorn trials so idk what those sets are like. VR leveling still seems like an absolute pain -_-
  • tiamak
    tiamak
    ✭✭✭
    I never got to VR12 to do Craglorn trials so idk what those sets are like. VR leveling still seems like an absolute pain -_-
    Oh, I have to disagree with you on this. To me, the veteran levels distributed rather evenly on the 5 + 5 quest areas in Cadwell's Silver and Gold. I completed the last quest in Gold being V12 plus some 300k XP towards V13. Occasionally, I had paid a visit to a dungeon or to Cyrodiil. So to me, leveling seems to be pretty much in pace with questing.

Sure, going through 5 areas plus the starter regions three times in a row on your way to V10+ might seem like a long way. And there were times where I just thought: leave me alone with yet another quest line! But, that's how you progress in an MMORPG. It definitely didn't feel like the awful veteran grind that some people here on the forums call it. Rather, it's a hell lot of quests to do. :)

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6. Justice System - what speeds up bounty decay the most? I know murdering isn't very lucrative; I spent some time questing in Cyrodil when I had a 4k bounty on my head and it went away when I came out.

7. Werewolf build - It seems there has been a lot of improvements to WW's in my absence, I would have stuck with my DK for it because of the old Molten Armaments prebuff but they changed/nerfed that spell so I didn't know if any class was better than another at being a WW for pre-buffing/debuffing.

8. For players that are Werewolves in regards to PvP; do Fighter’s Guild / Poison do more damage to them only if they transform into a Werewolf? Or when they are human as well?

9. Evil Hunter - how exactly does it make undead/daedra (and I assume Werewolves if you take Skilled Tracker) easier to see? Do they get some kind of glow?

10. Why is my VR8's exp gain so abysmal compared to my VR4? even in Cyrodil the VR4 gets about 30k exp a quest where the VR8 gets 7k, he's in Glenumbra ATM and the main quests only give 4k too.

That's all I can think of for now.

6. Can't remember the rate, but it's like 400 an hour or something like that. Nothing speeds it up per say, but you get reductions even if you are logged off.
    7. Don't do WW so can't answer that
    8. See above
    9. There actually is a white like glow around them. I never really noticed before as all enemy mobs glow in this game. I think the glow just shows up from farther away. I never cast the spell myself until I see the mobs, as it has an initial 15 second timer on it. This timer is added to for each kill
    10. Leveling has changed so that if you are more than 2 VR levels over the mobs the exp starts dropping. I think once your 5 ranks over, then you get almost nothing, other than loot. In Glenumbra, you should be either VR1 or VR6 as it's the first zone for Silver/Gold. So your getting the same quest exp, just not the same mob exp. Cyrodiil was recently changed so that everything is VR12 and scales that way, so not sure what is going on there. Although they are looking at Exp changes (I think they have already done them with the last patch) to increase exp in Cyrodiil.

Edited by Nestor on March 26, 2015 3:57PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Tizerak
    Tizerak
    ✭✭✭
    I figured out why I thought I was getting exp discrepancies. The way FTC (Foundry Tactical Combat) reports experience in floating text during "enlightenment" is WAY more then what it actually is.

Still curious about:
    1. HP - before because of softcaps it was something like use attribute bonuses for HP and gear for the other stuff + food etc.

2. Motifs - I know I still need Imperial/Ancient Elf (I have no idea where these new Dwemer ones) where are they found these days since you can't really raid town trunks and stuff like you used to because of the Justice system.

3. Former questions 7 & 8 regarding Werewolves.

4. Dolmen/World Boss Loot Timer? - I remember this being a nerf awhile ago during the heavy botting where after you killed a dolmen/world boss named NPC you had to wait for a period of time before you could loot it again; I don't know if that's still around and if it is what the timer is.

5. Nirnhoned Trait - I just noticed this on my research grid a "9th" trait, where do these items come from? Never seen them.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Because damage dealt now scales from Stamina or Magic, depending on the Morphs you choose, you need to go pretty much all in on the underlying stat. So, now it's 55 points into Magic, 0 Health, 0 Stamina for a magic based character. Note, I still can't not put at least 10 points into Health, and it seems to be OK for PvE. And, on top of that, you use Glyphs to boost the Attribute that scales your damage, so for the above you would add Magic Glyphs to your armor.
    2. Motifs have pretty much disappeared from the Kiosks compared to pre 1.6. Now Blues are going for 600 to 1000 and Purples are back in the 30K to 50K range, with absurd prices for Imperial. You can still get them from towns, as it is pretty easy to steal from 80% of the containers in the game. However, now the Larceny Loot is added to the loot tables so I have found like 3 motifs since 1.6 went live. I used to find 3 motifs a day without trying hard. Don't ignore backpacks out in the game world, those have Motifs in them, along with other containers. But that is your best place to find motifs and not have to worry about the JS, if you do worry about it.

For Dwemer Pages, you get them from containers in Dwemer Ruins, so the jugs and bottles and urns. They are rare as heck, and I only have 3 of them, ironically all found by my least experienced alt. Note, she found her first dwemer page at L9, so you don't have to be VR to get these like the other Purple Motifs.

3. I don't see an issue with the World Bosses showing up when I out hunting them. If they are not there, they soon spawn. Same with Dolmens, if they are not there when I show up, I pick flowers in the area for a couple of minutes. The occasional dolmen takes a bit of time, but nothing to worry about.

4. Ninhorned drops with equipment crafting resource nodes in Upper Craglorn (Void Ore, Void Cloth and whatever the leather is for that rank from animals. You can also get this from some survey locations for Equipment Crafting resources in Upper Crag. Or, buy them for 10K plus in the guild kiosks. Or, ignore them as I do. Because you need two for each item you make the first time around (one to give to a crafter to make something you can research, then one to use once you have researched it. Of course, once you know it, you only need the one for each piece of gear you make with the trait.
    Edited by Nestor on March 26, 2015 7:02PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Tizerak
    Tizerak
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    1. Because damage dealt now scales from Stamina or Magic, depending on the Morphs you choose, you need to go pretty much all in on the underlying stat. So, now it's 55 points into Magic, 0 Health, 0 Stamina for a magic based character. Note, I still can't not put at least 10 points into Health, and it seems to be OK for PvE. And, on top of that, you use Glyphs to boost the Attribute that scales your damage, so for the above you would add Magic Glyphs to your armor.
    2. Motifs have pretty much disappeared from the Kiosks compared to pre 1.6. Now Blues are going for 600 to 1000 and Purples are back in the 30K to 50K range, with absurd prices for Imperial. You can still get them from towns, as it is pretty easy to steal from 80% of the containers in the game. However, now the Larceny Loot is added to the loot tables so I have found like 3 motifs since 1.6 went live. I used to find 3 motifs a day without trying hard. Don't ignore backpacks out in the game world, those have Motifs in them, along with other containers. But that is your best place to find motifs and not have to worry about the JS, if you do worry about it.

For Dwemer Pages, you get them from containers in Dwemer Ruins, so the jugs and bottles and urns. They are rare as heck, and I only have 3 of them, ironically all found by my least experienced alt. Note, she found her first dwemer page at L9, so you don't have to be VR to get these like the other Purple Motifs.

3. I don't see an issue with the World Bosses showing up when I out hunting them. If they are not there, they soon spawn. Same with Dolmens, if they are not there when I show up, I pick flowers in the area for a couple of minutes. The occasional dolmen takes a bit of time, but nothing to worry about.

4. Ninhorned drops with equipment crafting resource nodes in Upper Craglorn (Void Ore, Void Cloth and whatever the leather is for that rank from animals. You can also get this from some survey locations for Equipment Crafting resources in Upper Crag. Or, buy them for 10K plus in the guild kiosks. Or, ignore them as I do. Because you need two for each item you make the first time around (one to give to a crafter to make something you can research, then one to use once you have researched it. Of course, once you know it, you only need the one for each piece of gear you make with the trait.

Thank you for the HUGE response Nestor.

1. What about HP and PvP some? none? All? I have no idea what the PvP meta is like these days it used to be vampires running around everywhere / spell reflection / Nightblade Ambushers / Infinite teleporting Sorcs, etc.

2. So since towns/banks aren't what they used to be in terms of finding Motifs, cooking recipies/materials, etc. Where are good locations to go "generally" like find housing that isn't considered part of a city in the middle of no where and loot it over and over? I've noticed barrels/crates/sacks ALWAYS carry beverage crap nowadays; unless the container specifically says "Millet Sack" I'm not gonna find millet. Luckily one of my epic food recipes from months ago is now a VR5 recipe.

3. What I meant by Question #3 in my last response is does the loot timer for world bosses / delve bosses still exist? Because they put that nerf in months ago that made it difficult to farm a boss over and over for its "unique" loot; like if you camped a boss and got loot the first time if it respawns in a minute and you kill it again you get didly squat. It was something like 5-10 minutes I can't remember.

4. Still looking for Werewolf answers for questions 7 & 8 in my original post.
  • Vil
    Vil
    ✭✭✭

I stopped playing about a month after Craglorn came out last year (no idea when that was) my highest toons are a VR4 Templar and a VR8 DK; I've picked up on things like: no more soft cap, morphs that change class abilities to base of stam/weapon damage, all heavy attacks besides resto staff give resources back, etc.
    But, I also feel like I have a ton of questions in mind:

Will bump this before making a new thread.

Werewolf builds (using the transform)! I am also looking for these. What are people running?

I was thinking of making a 2h stamina character in medium armor, would it pay off to transform into werewolf or just gimp my dps?
  • Tizerak
    Tizerak
    ✭✭✭
    Vil wrote: »

Werewolf builds (using the transform)! I am also looking for these. What are people running?

I was thinking of making a 2h stamina character in medium armor, would it pay off to transform into werewolf or just gimp my dps?

Apparently no one builds WW's :/
  • Vil
    Vil
    ✭✭✭
    Vil wrote: »

Apparently no one builds WW's :/

that's a shame :/
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crafted weapons atleast have more power then looted ones. afaik. Not much , but slightly

PC EU
    PvP only