The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The resistance(and other) stats

zarkillerb16_ESO
zarkillerb16_ESO
Soul Shriven
Hello people
Came back to the game since it's gone buy to play
First thing i noticed was the higher numbers on everything, i don't really like it but i get why they did it.
Anyway i'm really confused as to what the numbers actually mean on the stats and mainly the resistance stats.
Having, let's say, 5000 physical resistance doesn't really tell me anything usefull as to how much damage is mitigated.

I don't know if this is answered before, my quick google search didn't really give me any of the information i needed
  • SafiyerAmitora
    SafiyerAmitora
    ✭✭✭
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/155802/tanking-with-the-lt-how-armor-values-work-in-1-6-for-tanks?new=1

I find this really helpful. Even though it's mainly centered around tanks, the graph showing the armor (physical resistance) values vs % dmg mitigated is useful.
    Legend || Mizery Records || Black Market Wares
    Aeilith ~ AD L50 Khajiit magicka NB dps/max crafter (NA)
    Naraiya ~ AD L50 Altmer magicka Sorc dps (NA)
    Dont Die Like I Did ~ DC L50 Khajiit magicka Templar heals (NA)
    Bring The Pain ~ AD L50 Dunmer magicka DK tank (NA)
    An Achílles Heal ~ AD L50 Breton magicka Templar heals (NA)
    One Two Gank A Few ~ EP L50 Bosmer stam NB dps (NA)
    Your Lást Mistáke ~ DC L50 Altmer magicka NB dps (NA)
    Rekts All Noobs ~ DC L50 Redguard stam DK dps (NA)
    Reaper of Salt ~ EP L50 Khajiit stam Sorc dps
    The Réktoning ~ AD L8 Dunmer magicka DK dps
    Avaraiya ~ AD L25 Altmer magicka Warden tank
    Nafatiri ~ EP L24 Argonian magicka Warden heals
    Once Upon An OP Magden ~ EP L3 Altmer magicka Warden dps (NA)
    Updated: 08/01/2018
    759 Champion Points || ESO Member since Apr 2014
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is roughly 1% mitigation per 650 armor/resist at VR14. With a hard cap of 50% mitigation around 32500. I think you can actually go higher than that, but you will not get any further mitigation. So a bunch of gold VR14 reinforced heavy armor + shield + all kinds of set bonuses and buffs and enchants and Defending trait on weapon and Champion Points might get you to 35100. But it will still be 50% mitigation, not 54%.