Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Monthly subscribers

• fluffycannibalb16_ESO
    wrlifeboil wrote: »
    Requiring a monthly sub to play a DLC just doesn't make sense from a console point of view. I doubt that the pricing will be different for consoles and PCs.

The DLC model is buy it once and own it or more specifically, own the right to play it forever. That model for PC mmos already exists in GW2.

Can't imagine ZOS would try to muck it up the pricing. Keep it simple and charge $19.99, $29.99, or $39.99 for DLCs depending on the amount of new content and forget about the Rube Goldberg pricing schemes.

It will be possible to buy DLCs separately through the Crown Store, but the sub will allow you to access it without actually buying it. You won't actually have to have a sub to play it.
    Fluff'ii - EP Sneaky-Cat-People
    Elendil Ellesar - EP Stabby-Stabby-Healer
    Khalisah al-Sinan - EP Fire-Breathing-Shieldy-Person
    Liara Motierre - EP Blinky-Storm-Mage
    Fetches-Fetches-Glitter - EP Lizard-Light-Smasher
    Zevran Demnevanni - EP Sneaky-Vampire-Mage
    Vindictal - EP Evil-necROMANCEr
    Shepard Andersson - EP Smashy-Dragon-Man
    Anduille - EP Cute-Bosmer-Bear-Lover
    Eamhair Eimhir - EP Necro-Poison-Wolf-Girl
    Orlog gro-Morkul - EP Smashy-Sorc-Orc
    Lucien la Malfaisance - EP Book-Beamer
  • Theosis
    Theosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    my decision to pay for a little bit more has no effect on my thoughts on how to improve the game

my subscription only means I think at this time that they are still worthy enough to get 15 bucks form me on a monthly basis
    This is were my signature would be if I was allowed one.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I am against splitting the community between and upper and lower class.

There have been plenty of MMO games where the non-subbed players are doing the most for the community. What would we do if known players like Deltia, Dulfy etc. suddenly couldn't speak on the forums because they're not giving ZOS monthly fee's.

Additionally if you had a subscriber only forums what are you going to talk about in there outside of the regular forums. All the threads and topic where people are posting ideas, builds, PVP videos will still be within the relevant sections. It would be a forum with little content.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • vkayne_ESO
    vkayne_ESO
    ✭✭
    Sounds a bit like politics in the US. Someone contributes hundreds of thousands of dollars to an elected officials campaign so they have that elected officials ear for the next 4-8 years (or more for congress/senate) so they can push their agenda. Screw the populace...
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Betahkiin wrote: »
    BlackEar wrote: »
    What madness is this?

Is that how you constitute democracy in your country?
    The "rich peoples'" opinion somehow has more weight?

I, as a paid subscriber, think this is a horrible idea.

Democracy?

This is a business where the product owner sets the rules of use.

There is no place for democracy and consensus, the final word belongs to the company.

Yes, in the business world, people with more money rules, is not new.

Quite the contrary, listening to customers is essential to the product's survivability. Furthermore, ZOS have proved they are listening to the feedback.

Non-subs still have a huge influence through further exposition and buying crowns.
    Subs =/= those with money.

Given the arguments provided above, I think you will find that:
    The decision ultimately lies with the company.
    The players - paying or not - all have a say and influence.
    Paying subscribers does not have more influence. This is not stocks where investors have x votes based on x numer of stocks.

Edited by BlackEar on March 26, 2015 1:50PM
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paying customers are in no way shape or form better than non paying customers. Besides, you have no idea how much money the non subscriber is gonna fork out in the crown store, they could possibly be paying more than you per month thus supporting the game more than the guy paying $15/month.

So....

No.
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte