The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Cause of lag - Meteor Spell

• DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scotia wrote: »
    Nerf the gear set that procs, bring it in line with the other monster sets. So many are using meteor because the other ultimates are not as good, either bring those up or bring this one down, that is even after you fix the lag it is causing.

PS, I dont care how long it took to get the monster set, when so many are wanting and using it, you know it isnt for cosmetics. It will never be as grueling as Jboot camp on Rallos Zek.
    Surely you do realize this thread is referring to Ice Comet (Meteor) which is the Mage's Guild Ultimate right? The Meteor effect from Valkyn Skoria monster set has been used for months with no noticeable change to FPS/Latency.
    Edited by DeLindsay on March 24, 2015 7:17PM
    Options
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many times was meteor mentioned in the last three weeks causing so much lag?..gah
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    Only EP meteors cause the lag.

Chill, there are other threads for this.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dreyloch wrote: »
    Look,
    Meteor used during "normal tons of people" lag will sometimes allow you to cast it multiple times before it gets greyed out. There is also the gear set that procs it.This in turn causes even more lag and everything stops working till the server can catch up. Most people that PvP daily on Thornblade NA will atest that a certain EP guild does it all the time. There is video of it in another thread.

I'm not saying that other guilds on the other factions don't use it too. But they aren't to the extent that this guild does. It's caused nothing but strife for the whole server and community. If ZoS can fix it, perhaps they can discipline this group for using it to their advantage since 1.6 went live.

It actually looks like you want to get rid of the symptom and not the cause. The truth is that any AoE would probably have the same effect. I am not going to remove it from my bar unless they nerf it or don't allow us to use it.

Edited by eventide03b14a_ESO on March 24, 2015 7:26PM
    :trollin:
    Options
  • Prospero_ESO
    Prospero_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would take that with a grain of salt. As much as i would hope that there is some bug which when fixed magically improves performance but the guy from the reddit post provided zero evidence for his claim. He said that he mobilized 300 peope from a trading guild to come to one place at a time to test this but nobody had the time or interest to fraps the tests ? I am sorry but there is something fishy about that.
    Edited by Prospero_ESO on March 24, 2015 7:39PM
    Options
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would take that with a grain of salt. As much as i would hope that there is some bug which when fixed magically improves performance but the guy from the reddit post provided zero evidence for his claim. He said that he mobilized 300 peope from a trading guild to come to one place at a time to test this but nobody had the time or interest to fraps the tests ? I am sorry but there is something fishy about that.
    And yet people are taking this seriously. I find it amusing.
    :trollin:
    Options
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the folks that don't believe it, that's fine, I'm skeptical as well. However the video is compelling and the increase with meteor's usage goes right along with the release of 1.6, when the pvp changes were expected to reduce lag but we seemed to still have major issues. Some of this adds up and they are looking into it.

In the meantime if you take off the helm and deslot the ability is that really going to ruin your games? Let's give it a shot, tell your friends to take it off as well, let's see if it has an effect rather than giving the typical negative remarks because we're too set in our ways or we're upset we can't find some way to kill a guy without it. Enjoy the changes to siege meanwhile and see if things improve.
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

Just a joke. I'm EP myself.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noooo! Don't ostracize me for wanting to keep my airstrikes and boom boom the enemy.

Give templars a decent burst range ulti and I might switch. Until then, it's raining meteors baby!
    The Legendary Nothing
    Options
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, since I enjoy RP and PvP, here are a few fun tells you can send folks.

"You short sighted n'wah! You risk all of Nirn's stability using that meteor spell! (http://goo.gl/hHRQBw). Cease it's use at once and come at use with greater resolve to win without tearing this world asunder!"

"Your refusal to remove the Meteor spell has made you a greater threat than your alliance or the daedra that infest this realm, a blood hunt is upon you for the safety of Nirn (http://goo.gl/hHRQBw)"

"You have one in your ranks, NAME, that is using the spell meteor that threatens to destabilize Nirn (http://goo.gl/hHRQBw) we wish to draw him out of your ranks, kill them, quarter them, snd spread their remains across the 4 corners of Cyrodiil. Will you comply with our request?"
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
    Options
  • StienDeath
    StienDeath
    ✭✭✭
    Just wanted to let you all know that we are actively looking into this. Thank you!

Right.............
    Tired of getting trolled by ZOS MOD's ........
    Ban Hammer of Hear of Daggerfall
    Founding Member
    Options
  • Huckdabuck
    Huckdabuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, since I enjoy RP and PvP, here are a few fun tells you can send folks.

"You short sighted n'wah! You risk all of Nirn's stability using that meteor spell! (http://goo.gl/hHRQBw). Cease it's use at once and come at use with greater resolve to win without tearing this world asunder!"

LET IT BURN TO OBLIVION

"Your refusal to remove the Meteor spell has made you a greater threat than your alliance or the daedra that infest this realm, a blood hunt is upon you for the safety of Nirn (http://goo.gl/hHRQBw)"

BRING ON THE AP

"You have one in your ranks, NAME, that is using the spell meteor that threatens to destabilize Nirn (http://goo.gl/hHRQBw) we wish to draw him out of your ranks, kill them, quarter them, snd spread their remains across the 4 corners of Cyrodiil. Will you comply with our request?"

NO, WE LIKE ALEX/FRED/JOHN!

Did I actually just RP?
    Texashighelf - VR16 Sorcerer EP NA - FILTHY BARBARIAN
    Texasimperial - VR16 Dragonknight EP NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas'Imperial - VR16 Dragonknight DC NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas-Imperial - VR16 Templar DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Highelf - VR16 Sorcerer DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Imperial - VR16 Nightblade DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    It's a very grey area.
    Options
  • The_Death_Princess
    The_Death_Princess
    ✭✭✭
    Frankly, I think the aspect of meteor to blame is the ground shaking.

But just think about it. Prior to 1.6, how many times did any one use Meteor? With the changes, it became OP by far in comparison to other ults, and whether it is part of the problem or not, it needs adjusting. At the least get rid of the ground shake effects.
    Edited by The_Death_Princess on March 24, 2015 11:31PM
    Astaria Dødfurstinna
    Official Hunter Community Lead DAOC
    (Pendragon Beta through Catacombs release)
    Look at this but dont QQ: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/hfxYcf
    Options
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they need to do a massive particle cull while in pvp..
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
    Options
  • Prospero_ESO
    Prospero_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    For the folks that don't believe it, that's fine, I'm skeptical as well. However the video is compelling and the increase with meteor's usage goes right along with the release of 1.6,

From which video are you talking about ? The thread creator on reddit provided no video as evidence.

Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My fault. Hope you understand my need to get all bad cop on this thread at first sign of trouble.
    Next beers on me.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeLindsay wrote: »
    PvE lag has increased since the day B2P went live by probably 5 fold if not 10 fold. Players who used to see <50 MS and +80 FPS are now regularly seeing 400-999+ MS and <50 FPS just standing there in a PvE Zone doing nothing, while other Players near them are also doing nothing (no ability spamming).

So please, tell us all exactly how Meteor even being slotted is somehow causing all this new lag.

Also, From the day 1.6 hit Live until the day before B2P Cyro wasn't any more laggy than it was pre-1.6 and Players were using Meteor and Jesus Beam constantly. This entire thread is a false flag trying to get ZoS to nerf Meteor because Players don't like how much damage it does (even though the damage didn't increase in 1.6).

OP was referring to in PvP. Meteor has absolutely no effect on PvE unless you're in a group of 24 people constantly tossing it out for no reason.
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
    Options
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scotia wrote: »
    Nerf the gear set that procs, bring it in line with the other monster sets. So many are using meteor because the other ultimates are not as good, either bring those up or bring this one down, that is even after you fix the lag it is causing.

PS, I dont care how long it took to get the monster set, when so many are wanting and using it, you know it isnt for cosmetics. It will never be as grueling as Jboot camp on Rallos Zek.

Kinda like how Devouring Swarm was the best Ultimate to have for a while right? Mage's Guild is the new Vampire.

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
    Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Frankly, I think the aspect of meteor to blame is the ground shaking.

But just think about it. Prior to 1.6, how many times did any one use Meteor? With the changes, it became OP by far in comparison to other ults, and whether it is part of the problem or not, it needs adjusting. At the least get rid of the ground shake effects.
    For the love of Mara please give me the option to disable the screen shake effect.

Also, nerf the Ultimate gain from Shooting Star. It's too high at the moment.
    Options
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP was referring to in PvP. Meteor has absolutely no effect on PvE unless you're in a group of 24 people constantly tossing it out for no reason.
    And the OP as well as others in this very thread suggest ZoS take it away completely as in deslot it from our bars until a fix can be determined. There is NO LAG increase from Meteor being slotted as well as being used in PvE while we have just as bad of lag as in Cyro right now. That means that there is something else causing the majority of the lag. I also agreed that Meteor is likely causing undue additional lag in Cyro as you can see repeated Meteors being launched simultaneously in several videos.

Also you claim it needs to be a group of 24 all spamming it. The OP links a complete garbage "test" thread from reddit saying that even as little as 5v5 with ONE single Meteor Players were getting 999+ Latency. This means that either that reddit thread is complete bullcrap or both that thread and the OP have a hidden agenda in regards to Meteor, like wanting it nerfed. Also, I personally do not get the same magnitude of lag many others do even with multiple Meteors being used at my position in Cyro.

Yes ZoS should look into it, no it's NOT REMOTELY the sole cause of lag in ESO atm. B2P saw a large influx of returning as well as new Players and that alone is causing headaches. Cyrodiil has always had lag for some and no lag for others and ZoS has never been able to fix it even after a year.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And the OP as well as others in this very thread suggest ZoS take it away completely as in deslot it from our bars until a fix can be determined. There is NO LAG increase from Meteor being slotted as well as being used in PvE while we have just as bad of lag as in Cyro right now. That means that there is something else causing the majority of the lag. I also agreed that Meteor is likely causing undue additional lag in Cyro as you can see repeated Meteors being launched simultaneously in several videos.

Also you claim it needs to be a group of 24 all spamming it. The OP links a complete garbage "test" thread from reddit saying that even as little as 5v5 with ONE single Meteor Players were getting 999+ Latency. This means that either that reddit thread is complete bullcrap or both that thread and the OP have a hidden agenda in regards to Meteor, like wanting it nerfed. Also, I personally do not get the same magnitude of lag many others do even with multiple Meteors being used at my position in Cyro.

Yes ZoS should look into it, no it's NOT REMOTELY the sole cause of lag in ESO atm. B2P saw a large influx of returning as well as new Players and that alone is causing headaches. Cyrodiil has always had lag for some and no lag for others and ZoS has never been able to fix it even after a year.

1) Thread concerned pvp. Future comments about that can go elsewhere in the forums. Deslotted was a suggestion until ZOS can review and determine professionally the next cause of action. If you use it properly, cool. If you spam it, there is a special kind of hell build to house you.

2) I've stated elsewhere in this thread that I've used the skill and found it not to my playing style. Others have started it suited them more. Stop flaming and creating false information regarding some hidden agenda to have it nerfed. Just because you don't get the same lag doesn't mean the other players enjoy your benefit. Who said it had to be only 24 people? Resort link mentioned a video being sent to zos and a possible connection to lag issues. This is called in certain circles as a Hypothesis and not utter garbage.

3) lag occurred after 1.6 when meteor spell was adjusted and people caught on to it's potential to be constantly used. I used it before then and used it a lot after 1.6. It is not the sole possible cause but it's one most players can agree to not use it until a fix is found. I can't stop you from using it and the thread was a way to suggest we apply common courtesy till official word. You can go elsewhere with those negative suggestions.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My FPS has actually gotten considerably better since 1.6/2.0. And it's not because my graphics settings were reset, I went back in and set them to what they were pre-1.6.

Sure there's the occasional lag spike here and there and you have to be careful when zoning into Rawl'kha but it's not gamebreaking for me.

And, Shooting Star has made the lag in Cyrodiil considerably worse from my first-hand opinion. Especially on Thornblade.

God forbid you run into a Train dropping 1 Shooting Star after another as they move through areas with enemy combatants.

Prior to 1.6/2.0, I never had laggy crash to desktop scenarios because of particle effects, not even when 2 full zergs meet to battle it out on Keep flags; I'm normally one of the people that would remain online while watching all the little boxes in my group window go "Offline" "Offline" etc etc.

First Shooting Star train I experienced? BLAM screen froze, Windows tells me ESO has stopped working and suggests I close it.

Also, stop nitpicking. The number 24 was used because that's the max group size. I'm sure there's multiple full groups of 24 running around together with Shooting Star slotted because it wrecks face and can be spammed.

Stop being so combative, it's not like we're attacking your livelihood. Do you get paid to play ESO? What do you care if a certain skill happens to be the cause of lag? What do you lose if they choose to redesign that skill?
    Edited by WraithAzraiel on March 25, 2015 5:26PM

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
    Options
  • c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not experienced any knee buckling server lag on Thornblade since the siege upgrade patch. This is based on about 24 hours worth of play. Just an FYI.
    Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
    Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
    Disable abilities while holding block.
    Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
    Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
    Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
    Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
    Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
    Options
  • Huckdabuck
    Huckdabuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    c0rp wrote: »
    I have not experienced any knee buckling server lag on Thornblade since the siege upgrade patch. This is based on about 24 hours worth of play. Just an FYI.

Had quiet a bit last night at Bleakers and then just south of it in an open field fight when we ran into some DC who were defending but it hasn't been "Lagsploitation" bad until we get into a contested keep fight.
    Texashighelf - VR16 Sorcerer EP NA - FILTHY BARBARIAN
    Texasimperial - VR16 Dragonknight EP NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas'Imperial - VR16 Dragonknight DC NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas-Imperial - VR16 Templar DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Highelf - VR16 Sorcerer DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Imperial - VR16 Nightblade DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    It's a very grey area.
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

My fault. Hope you understand my need to get all bad cop on this thread at first sign of trouble.
    Next beers on me.

Np, I completely understand. A Sam Adams would be great.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove Valkyn set from the game or change it so noobs have to learn to use something else that just caltrops, and AoE DoT spam and Meteor rain... that set, along with the Meteor ultimate need to be changed, it's ruining PvP.
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
    Options
  • Jauriel
    Jauriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    PvE lag has increased since the day B2P went live by probably 5 fold if not 10 fold. Players who used to see <50 MS and +80 FPS are now regularly seeing 400-999+ MS and <50 FPS just standing there in a PvE Zone doing nothing, while other Players near them are also doing nothing (no ability spamming).

So please, tell us all exactly how Meteor even being slotted is somehow causing all this new lag.

Also, From the day 1.6 hit Live until the day before B2P Cyro wasn't any more laggy than it was pre-1.6 and Players were using Meteor and Jesus Beam constantly. This entire thread is a false flag trying to get ZoS to nerf Meteor because Players don't like how much damage it does (even though the damage didn't increase in 1.6).

Idfk I guess when 5 meteors go off my game locks up and lags for a good 30 seconds delay. Personal experience tells me it is a problem. Nobody has said it was the ONLY cause. Learn to read and comprehend succinctly. The claim is it has worsened Pvp lag.
    Options
  • Jauriel
    Jauriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Huckdabuck wrote: »

Of course because...."that one group".

Yes. That one group are like toddlers with a new toy. Look at the lights and sounds! Let's group up 20 of us to spam it 5 times in a row! Yippee!!
    Options
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jauriel wrote: »
    Idfk I guess when 5 meteors go off my game locks up and lags for a good 30 seconds delay. Personal experience tells me it is a problem. Nobody has said it was the ONLY cause. Learn to read and comprehend succinctly. The claim is it has worsened Pvp lag.
    The Title of this thread is "Cause of lag - Meteor Spell" also to quote the OP:
    Based on recent threads, it was determined meteor was sole cause of lag.
    Please ask everyone to deslot it.
    In the very OP is states that Meteor is the SOLE cause of lag. So whom exactly isn't properly comprehending the message of this thread?
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jauriel wrote: »
    The Title of this thread is "Cause of lag - Meteor Spell" also to quote the OP:
    Based on recent threads, it was determined meteor was sole cause of lag.
    Please ask everyone to deslot it.
    In the very OP is states that Meteor is the SOLE cause of lag. So whom exactly isn't properly comprehending the message of this thread?

We mostly agreed this spell, the gear that help proc it will be looked into as cause of recent surge of lag in 1.6. A lag exacerbated suddenly and without reason; when in 1.5 it was decent enough in check to enjoy. An issue all factions are recently frustrated about.

At the end of the day, the thread was a success. It highlighted what was needed and devs promised to look into it. I only asked that factions in PvP limit its use as courtesy and see if the lags cuts a bit. No rule, no judging just a simple amnesty agreement.

BTW, what are you worried about? I've never quite understood your push for devils advocate? No where did I say the skill should be removed completely from the game yet you propelled its rumor. And then continued the purge of every written portion of the thread. Perhaps there is a fear your build will be impacted?

But in the end you will survive and we will all still enjoy playing a virtual fantasy.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options