Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorcerers - How does overload work?

Electroflux
Electroflux
✭✭
This seems like an relatively interesting ult, but i'm having a hard time knowing when to use it for any situation.

It seems like you should only heavy attack in AOE situations and just spam light attacks otherwise. I can't seem to use skills while this is active and i don't see any visual queue for how long the ult lasts (it says it drains power...but where that power is, i have no idea).

What do you use this ult for? The atronach seems interesting as well but kind of situational...maybe good for pvp and bosses. Overload seems bad for pvp. Probably negate magic for pvp just because of the huge cc.
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Overload is basically just swapping your normal heavy and light attacks for the overload version. Each attack drains ultimate. With this ultimate slotted, you can bank more ultimate than it takes to activate, so you may not see an ultimate drain with the vanilla UI until your ultimate pool drops below what is needed to activate the skill.

And I'm pretty sure you can still use other skills while overload is active. I haven't check that since I got back though.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • Electroflux
    Electroflux
    ✭✭
    Oh yea, you can use the skills, but it deactivates overload, so it's a pain in the butt.

Also, instead of making a new topic, if anyone reads this and knows the answer, this would help...i'm curious to know the best way to get materials to improve armor. For example, i'm trying to improve my robe but i need embroidery and i haven't came across enough light armor to deconstruct to actually get it. Is there an easier way to do this?
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yea, you can use the skills, but it deactivates overload, so it's a pain in the butt.

Also, instead of making a new topic, if anyone reads this and knows the answer, this would help...i'm curious to know the best way to get materials to improve armor. For example, i'm trying to improve my robe but i need embroidery and i haven't came across enough light armor to deconstruct to actually get it. Is there an easier way to do this?

Short of buying it from one of the guild traders, you can invest in the hireling passives. I think the crafting writs might get you some as well. Everything but the guild traders is pretty random though.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Put skill points into extraction passive. For Clothier, I think it's call Stitching, but don't quote me. The more points in this passive, the better the chance of getting tempers when refining. Writs are okay, but they require a lot of mats to fulfill and often as not their only reward is a trait stone or white armor.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)