Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

About Mara rings.

Newlyn
Newlyn
Soul Shriven
Hey there, I came back from a huge hiatus and I have one question.

I've searched and read about that marriage and so far I've found that you need to be in party with your husband/wife/cat/lizard and wear the rings to get the boost.

My question is: Both members need to have the rings active at the same time or can you get the bonus when wearing the ring regardless if the partner is wearing it or not?

Thank you all in advance. I find the lacking of information about Mara things disturbing.
  • Moxan
    Moxan
    ✭✭✭
    Both players need to have the rings equiped.
  • oddsmaker
    oddsmaker
    ✭✭
    To enjoy the bonus from the Ring of Mara, both parties need to:

1. be wearing the ring
    2. be grouped
    3. be in the same zone
  • Vandril
    Vandril
    ✭✭✭✭
    oddsmaker wrote: »
    To enjoy the bonus from the Ring of Mara, both parties need to:

1. be wearing the ring
    2. be grouped
    3. be in the same zone

Are you sure about #3? I've heard from many different sources that it works regardless of location.
  • oddsmaker
    oddsmaker
    ✭✭
    It may have used to have worked regardless of location, but from my testing the other day it certainly did not. As long as both characters were in the same zone (Craglorn) the XP was increased 10%, but as soon as one of them left (one in Craglorn and one in Alik'r Desert) the XP went back to normal. I thought it was supposed to work regardless of where the two characters are but that doesn't seem to be the case.