Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Passive: Exploitation. Does it apply to the caster as well?

demonaffinity
demonaffinity
✭✭✭
"Activating a Dark Magic ability grants minor prophecy to nearby allies, increase spell critical by x amount for 10 seconds"

This website has a different description:
http://elderscrollsonline.info/exploitation

So I'm wondering, does the passive also affect the caster? If not, then this passive is redundant for solo player content I assume.
  • demonaffinity
    demonaffinity
    ✭✭✭
    Still need help! :)
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you look at all of the healing perks they usually use the same sort of phrasing. My memory is that You are essentially counted as one of your allies. It's just that if there is a number control in there, like "three allies with the lowest health", then it makes a difference.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Vandril
    Vandril
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Woolenthreads - This is what I've heard, as well. And it does seem to work this way from my personal experience.
  • demonaffinity
    demonaffinity
    ✭✭✭
    If you look at all of the healing perks they usually use the same sort of phrasing. My memory is that You are essentially counted as one of your allies. It's just that if there is a number control in there, like "three allies with the lowest health", then it makes a difference.
    Vandril wrote: »
    @Woolenthreads - This is what I've heard, as well. And it does seem to work this way from my personal experience.

Thanks guys, appreciate your respondses.
  • lord_dal
    lord_dal
    ✭✭✭
    was wondering the same thing, since when "affecting allies" it normaly affects the player too, but since I didnt see any buff on me, or increase in damage I made a ticket, asking if it should affect only allies, or the player too, but just got this repy:

"Response By Email (Megan) (03/31/2015 12:37 PM)

Hi again Daniel,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, we're a little snowed under since the launch of Tamriel Unlimited and may take a while to respond. Thanks for your reply, and for your patience.

I'm afraid that we cannot go too much into details on game mechanics. This passive ability affects allies, while increasing your own Spell Critical chance. Unfortunately we cannot give more information on that at this time."