The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Healthbars Not Showing Sometimes

albinokitten
albinokitten
✭✭✭
I'm having issues with Healthbars not showing. A simple log out/in or reloading the UI doesn't work, I have to restart the whole game to get it to work (sometimes I have to do this multiple times. I make sure to check if my Healthbars are all on in the Settings just in case they reset upon logging out.

I've played the last few hours without any addons but the healthbars disappeared for me just now. I recently redownloaded the whole game hoping that would fix the issue but it still persists.

Anyone have some tips to fix this? It's becoming quite the pain.

• Savinder
    Savinder
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully someone knows more about this: the health bars are useful both to tell at a glance how an enemy in a group is faring and when and where your party needs to be healed since when fighting large mobs it can get really hard to tell where everyone is in the midst of mayhem.
    Var var var
    Options
  • albinokitten
    albinokitten
    ✭✭✭
    Are you having this issue as well Savinder?

It's pretty important for me, I'm a healer so I rely on seeing the healthbars!
    Options
  • Savinder
    Savinder
    ✭✭✭

Indeed I have.
    I suspect the cause might be one of the UI mods I'm running. To be safe I've disabled all the ones that were out-of-date, but even then I've had one instance of it happening again. It did reduce the frequency so far, but now occasionally the health bars on enemies may take a moment to pop-up if they are not close. Still better than them disappearing completely.
    Edited by Savinder on March 20, 2015 4:37PM
    Var var var
    Options
  • albinokitten
    albinokitten
    ✭✭✭
    Please can someone acknowledge this? It's driving me insane, I just need someone to give me some tips to fix this that I haven't already done!
    Options
  • Milky
    Milky
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, this happens to me a LOT.

The first solution I came up with worked the first few times.
    1. Quit game
    2. Restart game
    3. Login to the first character in your character list
    4. Check interface healthbar settings, everything will be off now, re-enable them
    5. Logout to character select
    6. Login to original problem character, all healthbars will be turned off now, re-enable them

This worked about 5 times, but didn't work just now. So the new thing I did was
    1. Settings -> Interface -> Healthbars OFF
    2. Logout to character select
    3. Log back in to the same character
    4. Re-enable healthbars

We'll see if it works again the next time. This is incredibly frustrating, and makes cyrodiil just about impossible for me to play.
    Options
  • Milky
    Milky
    ✭✭✭
    Savinder wrote: »

Indeed I have.
    I suspect the cause might be one of the UI mods I'm running. To be safe I've disabled all the ones that were out-of-date, but even then I've had one instance of it happening again. It did reduce the frequency so far, but now occasionally the health bars on enemies may take a moment to pop-up if they are not close. Still better than them disappearing completely.

I disabled all add-ons, and the problem happened again. I'm fairly certain it's not mod-related. This also didn't happen to me until the most recent patch.
    Options
  • albinokitten
    albinokitten
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the tips Milky, so far today the health bars only disappeared once and a relog fixed it.

I haven't been using addons for a while so I also don't think it's addon related.

Hopefully the issue won't reappear!
    Options
  • Milky
    Milky
    ✭✭✭
    Happened again, and my previous fix didn't work, but it's because I had forgotten that I had also restarted my game.

So try this:

1. Settings -> Interface -> Healthbars OFF
    2. Quit game and close completely
    3. Log back in to the same character
    4. Re-enable healthbars
    Options
  • ZOS_MichelleA
    ZOS_MichelleA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello there, all! Yes, healthbars disappearing is a known issue, and we are aiming to include a fix for it in the next patch. Thanks for your patience, and for helping one another find ways to try and alleviate the issue in the meantime! :)
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post
  • albinokitten
    albinokitten
    ✭✭✭
    Wow that's exciting to hear from you!

Thank you so much for the information and getting it fixed so fast!
    Options