Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

The Searing Strike morphs are backward.

Stamden
Stamden
✭✭✭✭✭
So the recent change to Unstable Flame (Searing Strike morph, the 2nd skill in Ardent Flame) made it scale off Stamina instead of Magika. Because this skill is very important, I am glad that there is the option to go both routes on it. However, the Stamina version of it should have been applied to Burning Embers rather then Unstable Flame.

Unstable Flame is the core of every magika DK DPS's kit. We use the stacking fire damage DoTs to output DPS that would normally match other classes. Now that magika DK DPS is forced to use Burning Embers, we lose tons of DPS for it and get a morph that is pretty irrelevant to us. Because of our large magika pool, we have multiple GDB heals avaliable to us. Meanwhile, Burning Ember's heal would actually be incredibly useful for Stamina tanks, and also more useful for Stamina DPS DK's (because our main healing skill, GDB, is magika based).

Also, the fact that Dunmer passive "Flame Talent" works off Spell Power means that the increased fire damage does not work if our skills are stamina based. It makes it really unfortunate to be a Dunmer DK, since we are being forced to go Stamina if this change stays. All of this really puts Dunmer DKs in a pickle were neither Stamina or Magika DK is really viable for us.

My Recomendation: Swap the scaling stamina to Burning Embers rather then Unstable Flame. Change Dunmer passive to all fire damage rather then spell damage bonus with fire.

PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was hoping this post would get barried. Not enough DKs left :(
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
  • Ace_SiN
    Ace_SiN
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS needs to just open up most class skills and give more choices to the players. On my stam DK I would prefer to use Ardent Flame over Burning Embers. Class skills are the core identity of the class. Without them you might as well remove classes altogether and instead come up with another type of passive system for the current class passives. I can understand not wanting class specific heals to be stam based, but at least the attacks should be allowed to be changed to stam or magicka based.
    Edited by Ace_SiN on March 20, 2015 1:46PM
    King of Beasts

• Mantic0r3
    Mantic0r3
    ✭✭✭
    they should just make every skill work like ultimates work

meaning, scaling of whatever is higher, THEN you can implement usefull morphs and dont bother with whether it should use stam or magicka
  • ElliottXO
    ElliottXO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the skill in my tank build and I appreciate that unstable flame is the stamina version.

Not everyone plays a dunmer magicka DPS...
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElliottXO wrote: »
    I have the skill in my tank build and I appreciate that unstable flame is the stamina version.

Yes but the 30% heal is more useful for tanks then for DPS. Magika DPS has a large magika pool for GDB.
    PC NA

• ElliottXO
    ElliottXO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes but the 30% heal is more useful for tanks then for DPS. Magika DPS has a large magika pool for GDB.

I don't need the heal. I am using it for the DPS.

Stop explaining my build for me.
    Edited by ElliottXO on March 22, 2015 1:46PM
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭

DPS is more prioritized for the DPS role.

Survivability is more prioritzied for the tanking role.

Unstable Flame is the "better" skill out of the two. DPS > Healing in the majority of situations regardless of your role, however it makes more sense for the DPS role to get the DPS skill and the tanking role to get the healing skill. Don't get all salty that it would make more sense to have Burning Embers be the stamina version, it is just what makes sense.
    PC NA

• ElliottXO
    ElliottXO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Unstable Flame is the "better" skill out of the two. DPS > Healing in the majority of situations regardless of your role, however it makes more sense for the DPS role to get the DPS skill and the tanking role to get the healing skill. Don't get all salty that it would make more sense to have Burning Embers be the stamina version, it is just what makes sense.

You know I could make up some witty argumentation as well right?

Searing strike is a melee skill, so only DW and 2H DPS builds are supposed to slot it (who are stamina reliant). I assume you are a dress and stick user. Well, if you get that close to your opponent you might need the heal. You don't want to be a glass cannon after all, right? So that makes perfect sense.

Lets be honest: nobody wants to rely on the heal of searing strike and I rather save my few magicka for GDB.

I don't need to be salty. I am happy right now and I know that with the amount of issues the game has nobody will even look at changing searing strike for the next half of year.
    Edited by ElliottXO on March 23, 2015 7:40AM
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You know I could make up some witty argumentation as well right?

Searing strike is a melee skill, so only DW and 2H DPS builds are supposed to slot it (who are stamina reliant). I assume you are a dress and stick user. Well, if you get that close to your opponent you might need the heal. You don't want to be a glass cannon after all, right? So that makes perfect sense.

Lets be honest: nobody wants to rely on the heal of searing strike and I rather save my few magicka for GDB.

I don't need to be salty. I am happy right now and I know that with the amount of issues the game has nobody will even look at changing searing strike for the next half of year.

Most of a magika DK's DPS skills are melee range anyway. Flame whip, engulfing flames, impulse, etc. All mean that you have to be within melee range to really be a DK DPS, so the small range on Unstable Flame is irrelevant.

It might not be the most important of things, but it's one of the reasons I quit my DK. Just cause something is insignificant doesn't mean it shouldn't be fixed.
    PC NA

• Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any word from ZoS?
    PC NA

• wrathofrraath
    wrathofrraath
    ✭✭✭
    I have come to enjoy burning embers as magicka DK, you hit a low health enemy with it and then a molten arms heavy attack, you slaughter them and then get a heal. You can also stack the heal and when it ends you get a massive heal. I agree with you though every morph should both have optional stamina / magicka morphs. It has been saving my lass cannon build tho from many deaths : p
    Vokul Lovaas - V16 Magicka Dragonknight
    Vokul Vol - V16 Magicka Nightblade

Order of Mundus - NA DC

DK heals OP
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This is the crux of the issue. Nobody wants the heal, even tanks used the DPS version.
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Burning Ember's heal is so tiny, it's not useful for anybody, magicka or stam builds.

This is basically just a fight over who gets to use the only good morph.
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Embers needs some sort of buff then IMO.
    PC NA