Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

benefits of an alt?

pecheckler
pecheckler
✭✭✭✭✭
Besides hirelings and a drone for crafting, are there any other benefits?
End the tedious inventory management game.
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playing a different class or race combination?
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also having a character in another alliance, which allows you to help out friends or guildmates that happen to be in a different alliance from your main.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    My nightblade main is much more effective since rolling a DK a couple times in different races, and different nb alterations. This not only helps me note and prepare for skills, animations and such that attack me, but also to identify weaknesses.
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-
  • pecheckler
    pecheckler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks folks but i meant more statistically quantifiable bonuses like additional possible achievements, dye unlocks, higher CP limit, otherwise unobtainable quest options, etc.
    End the tedious inventory management game.
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think there might be some dialogue differences here and there. Not aware of anything more significant than that. Probably shouldn't be IMO.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pecheckler wrote: »
    Thanks folks but i meant more statistically quantifiable bonuses like additional possible achievements, dye unlocks, higher CP limit, otherwise unobtainable quest options, etc.

Because CPs are obtained by gaining XP, having a good source for XP is desired. Your choices are to quest or grind. Now if your main has completed Cadwell's Silver and Gold quests (or the vet zones for instance) your only option then becomes grinding. By creating an alt and getting it to vet rank you now have the ability to gain xp for Cadwell's and vet zones again, making it easier to collect CPs solo.
    Edited by Cuyler on March 19, 2015 3:36PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only advantage I can see as to what you are asking is that CP is shared with all characters which I think would only come into play in a situation such as you had a VR 14 character and got the max 70 starting CP and you've completed Cadwell's Gold. That character could make CP slower depending on your play preferences because if you had another VR1 character who has a lot of content (quests) left to do he/she can make CP faster than the VR14 character but the VR14 still gets the benefit of what the VR1 earns.

Edit: sorry just seen the post above me basically said the same thing.
    Edited by Casdha on March 19, 2015 6:55PM
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• Firestar_
    Firestar_
    ✭✭✭
    I've been using my alt for certain dye unlocks. Why wait a bajillion days for Nirnhoned red dye to finish when you can do it in 5 hours?
    Firestar - Imperial Templar - Ebonheart Pact
    Reasons-For-War - Argonian Dragonknight - Ebonheart Pact
    Pearl Winterstone - Orc Sorcerer - Ebonheart Pact
    Jerro - Dunmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
  • ashlee17
    ashlee17
    ✭✭✭✭
    Learning each class is a huge advantage for all players who take the time to do it. Once you know how each class works you can be far better at playing with/against other classes.

I cannot recommend it highly enough.

You will earn the respect of friends and enemies alike if you understand the strengths and limitations of all of the classes.
    Edited by ashlee17 on March 20, 2015 11:46AM
    Administrator of More Than Fair Guild- North American Server- Come and Join us for a fun and friendly experience - 480+ members and great trader location- all factions welcome - mail me @ashlee17 in game for an invite.
    Join the crusade for better guild management tools!
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/145742/help-we-need-more-guild-management-tools/p1
    Please comment and support this cause!