Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

is sorcerer great to solo?

seipher09
seipher09
✭✭✭✭
I understand they can summon so will they tank for me well?

I'm mostly a solo player and like to do most things alone. Will I be ok in late levels soloing alone? Will my damage and survival be ok? Should I trait in health and magic only? Doing only solo is light armor still the best? Wanted some onions before I made one. I'm worried about dying a lot because the low health and light armor which I really don't want. Was just curious how good I would compare to other classes
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah. Pets work much better for tanking than they used to. You should be able to solo easily with them. Your also not stuck with light armor, you can use all armor available in the game. Why not try out a Stamina Sorc with all Med to heavy armor with a 2H weapon and pets. There's really no limit to the things you can use/try out.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • TheVindelator
    TheVindelator
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, all the classes solo well. Lot's of builds work. I'd grab a restoration staff at 15 so you can heal yourself but you don't have to.
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can solo with any class with DK and Templar being the easiest due to self heals. Sorc with pets (the clanfear desummon is a self heal too), and NB being the hardest (Only life on hit heals).
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • cote-bmsb16_ESO
    cote-bmsb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The sorcs have a shield called Conjure Ward that is based on your max magicka. It sponges all damage then you just gota recast it and you'll take no dmg. If you use entropy from the mages guild, you can self heal & get a buff that increases your damage at the same time. I hardly use my resto staff anymore, I switched to double destro staff, using ward (morphed to Harden Ward) & entropy (morphed to degeneration) instead to keep myself alive.
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you like soloing on your sorc, you should definitely give the pet build a try. I've been developing one on TF that is very promising so far. You can find the link in my signature.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The sorcs have a shield called Conjure Ward that is based on your max magicka. It sponges all damage then you just gota recast it and you'll take no dmg. If you use entropy from the mages guild, you can self heal & get a buff that increases your damage at the same time. I hardly use my resto staff anymore, I switched to double destro staff, using ward (morphed to Harden Ward) & entropy (morphed to degeneration) instead to keep myself alive.
    @cote-bmsb16_ESO What's your bar set up and rotation? Been experimenting with something like this, but have not got it yet.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc is great to solo all the way up to level VR10.

After that... things get dicey. Clannfear pet may have good resistance to AOE, but he's just as vulnerable to single target damage as you are. That means that he's going to be taken out in 3 seconds by any archer in Craglorn with the "Taking Aim" skill. Twilights die even faster.

The heals from the Surge heal are OK against bosses and small (2-4) groups of mobs, but larger groups (6-8) of tough VR11-14 mobs are going to chew you up because of the internal cooldown that was added to Surge in 1.6. You will NOT be able to Surge heal your way through a mob group that includes Scaled Court Illusionists lobbing their horrible "Fright Force" spell at you every second.

Don't even get me started on "Ward" spells. Most the people on forums talking about OP Wards are NOT Sorcs, they are PvP whiners who got killed by a Sorc in Cyrodiil. Wards are OK in very short battles, but they are horrible in long engagements because they cost so much, and they don't actually HEAL you.

TL;DR: Sorcs are OK until the endgame, when healing becomes a problem.
    Edited by Emma_Overload on March 19, 2015 4:39PM
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc is great to solo all the way up to level VR10.

After that... things get dicey. Clannfear pet may have good resistance to AOE, but he's just as vulnerable to single target damage as you are. That means that he's going to be taken out in 3 seconds by any archer in Craglorn with the "Taking Aim" skill. Twilights die even faster.

The heals from the Surge heal are OK against bosses and small (2-4) groups of mobs, but larger groups (6-8) of tough VR11-14 mobs are going to chew you up because of the internal cooldown that was added to Surge in 1.6. You will NOT be able to Surge heal your way through a mob group that includes Scaled Court Illusionists lobbing their horrible "Fright Force" spell at you every second.

Don't even get me started on "Ward" spells. Most the people on forums talking about OP Wards are NOT Sorcs, they are PvP whiners who got killed by a Sorc in Cyrodiil. Wards are OK in very short battles, but they are horrible in long engagements because they cost so much, and they don't actually HEAL you.

TL;DR: Sorcs are OK until the endgame, when healing becomes a problem.

If you're having problems keeping ur pets alive, you need to make sure your Conjured Ward is active constantly. Also, the more magicka you stack, the better the Ward will perform. Once you approach 35 - 40k magicka, your pets will rarely die and recasting the ward becomes a non-issue due to the incredibly large magicka pool and awesome sustainability that my pet build offers.

With an awesome Ward and decent stats, end game is no problem, with no need for self heals of any kind, be it from Surge or a Restoration staff.
  • cote-bmsb16_ESO
    cote-bmsb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    @cote-bmsb16_ESO What's your bar set up and rotation? Been experimenting with something like this, but have not got it yet.

Ward, crystal frag, degen, force pulse. Mages fury.
    My second bar changes a lot but usually has more aoe skills.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love soloing on my sorcerer.
    :trollin: