The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Explain why Crown Store Potions are stronger than the ones I make.

Elijah_Crow
Elijah_Crow
✭✭✭✭✭
The health potions in the Crown Store are showing that they heal for 7138 health and my own player crafted potions (at VR5) show 6675.

This is completely contrary to anything ever stated and player crafted are supposed to always be better. Hopefully this is only a bug, but it's a pretty big slap in the face to crafters. I am currently VR8 but from the potion information in the Crown Store it should only scale to VR5.

Please investigate.
  • Ashigaru
    Ashigaru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do they offer the 3 stat potions?,,,,,,
  • Suru
    Suru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ashigaru wrote: »

Nope, they are straight magika , HP or stamina potions, nothing special, nothing worth complaining about.

Suru
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree. There is no way the straight healing potions which are player crafted should be less powerful than what is in the Crown store. That's completely contrary to what has always been said about the consumables and potions in particular.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because they are based on player level and the player made ones are locked in at VR5?

Crimeny.. how can ZoS possibly tell you their "levels to the players level" stuff from Crown Store is NOT better with a 9 level difference? I never even thought to look. They need to come out with VR14 food asap.
    Edited by Darlgon on March 16, 2015 11:21PM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VR5 crafted potions will be weaker than VR5 crown potions.

VR14 crown potions may be stronger than VR5 crafted potions (because crown potions scale to your level).

We just need to be able to craft VR10 potions and then it won't be much of an issue.
    Edited by s7732425ub17_ESO on March 16, 2015 11:21PM
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Crown Store potions say they only scale to VR5. Thus they should both be the same level potion when I'm VR8.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Do people actually waste materials crafting anything less than multi-stat potions?
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Ashigaru
    Ashigaru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Robocles wrote: »

That is not a fair comparison.

And... to answer the OP... say it with me: Pay. To. Win. That's just step one. Understand that this is now a console game... they are used to this kind of crap, and are fine with it.

Its a fair comparison, the guy said they are selling potions that are better then he can make, the 3 stat potions are far better then anything sold in the store.
  • The_Drexill
    The_Drexill
    ✭✭✭✭
    By gosh, what a surprise!
    Brandizzle - NB
    Drexill The Unbreakable - Sorc

For teh covenant.
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »
    Do people actually waste materials crafting anything less than multi-stat potions?

I sell potions all the time where the buyer asks for just straight heals, so yes.
  • Robocles
    Robocles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 3 stat potions are stupidly expensive... and you don't need all 3 for encounters... they are just convenient.

So, no, it isn't.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only to complete writs (which isn't really a waste of materials, as you get more materials out of a crafting writ than you put into one).
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Xjcon
    Xjcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are not Tri pots, they don't add to all resources, not a big deal, the price for 20 of these however is a big deal.
    Briza Do'urdenx V16 Dunmer DK
    Jcon V16 Orc DK
    Vierna Do'urdenx V16 Bosmer NB
    Jarlaxle Baenrex V16 Dunmer NB
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's not a Tripot that's why .
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a fair comparison, the guy said they are selling potions that are better then he can make, the 3 stat potions are far better then anything sold in the store.

agreed, tri pots are still the best in the game.

<3 wing
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I sell potions all the time where the buyer asks for just straight heals, so yes.

So now ZOS will be making money off the suckers you used to be?
    Can see the cause for concern.
    Robocles wrote: »
    The 3 stat potions are stupidly expensive... and you don't need all 3 for encounters... they are just convenient.

So, no, it isn't.

Seems as though the Crown potions are convenient, and player-created potions are still better.

Alchemy is my favourite craft, and do not personally see any issue with this. Respect that it might upset other players though.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Skafsgaard
    Skafsgaard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doesnt matter if its tripot or not - its the fact that the crown store now offers a superior item - it's p2w along with the 10% xp points.. this is going fast!

besides, comparing tripots with standard resource pots is like comparing apples and pears - its not the same item!
    Edited by Skafsgaard on March 16, 2015 11:33PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited supports hundreds of players on screen at once in an open world fight for control of Cyrodiil. Get ready for the most intense online PvP experience ever created, with The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited.

Yes, I am ready...

Source:
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/game-guide/the-alliance-war
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do see the issue.

We were told crafted potions would be better. I don't care about tri pots..

Bah.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The health potions in the Crown Store are showing that they heal for 7138 health and my own player crafted potions (at VR5) show 6675.

This is completely contrary to anything ever stated and player crafted are supposed to always be better. Hopefully this is only a bug, but it's a pretty big slap in the face to crafters. I am currently VR8 but from the potion information in the Crown Store it should only scale to VR5.

Please investigate.

What you have to grasp is that by the standards of anyone with morals they lied - but in legalese they phrased it so that those lies were not in any way legally binding.

These guys know that any game with their names attached is no longer credible but they have bought into the ZOS reality so much that they blame the players for that sad fact... I feel sorry for them and wish them well, far away from any game I will be playing.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer to think that maybe there is an error somewhere and it's not intentional. Perhaps we can get some confirmation that they strength of the potions are intended.

Gina? Anyone from ZOS?
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Crown Store potions say they only scale to VR5. Thus they should both be the same level potion when I'm VR8.

Yeah, but they don't. I'm seeing them as 7058, and the OP is seeing them as 7138, so there's certainly some scaling going on above Vet 5.
  • raishyr
    raishyr
    Soul Shriven
    My crafted pots restore about 1k more than the ones in crown store. Am I missing something?
  • tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like the health pot is the only "superior" item. If people want to spend 10 bucks on a stack of these instead of crafting or using gold i say let subsidize your game for a while. Anyone who doesn't know that bi or tri pots is superior isn't really playing the game.
  • Skafsgaard
    Skafsgaard
    ✭✭✭✭
    tonemd wrote: »
    Looks like the health pot is the only "superior" item. If people want to spend 10 bucks on a stack of these instead of crafting or using gold i say let subsidize your game for a while. Anyone who doesn't know that bi or tri pots is superior isn't really playing the game.

As already explained, its the principle.. and of course you're gonna tripots... untill they become available with 1k more stats - I mean on day 1 of relaunch they make a stronger HP potion (probably the most classic RPG consumable item in the world). It's iconic and it leads down a dangerous path.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited supports hundreds of players on screen at once in an open world fight for control of Cyrodiil. Get ready for the most intense online PvP experience ever created, with The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited.

Yes, I am ready...

Source:
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/game-guide/the-alliance-war
  • Edhelas_Naven
    Edhelas_Naven
    ✭✭
    And so it begins!

Reading thier wording again a single stat crafted potion is certainly not the best crafted potions therfore this gives them a leeway in having a slightly better single stat potion on the crown store.

Do remember that you can combine three Restore Health Effects , for example, from 3 different reagents to boost the Restore Health Effect you get from the crafted potion. At V5 I would assume the OP have maxed Alchemy and can craft potions with three reagents but I asked him/her to check again whether the potion they crafted resulted from only 2 combined Restore Health Effect from 2 Reagents. If not, then craft a potion with 3 reagents with Restore Health Effect and compare with crown store.

However I do know that in 1.5 the above was the case. But in 1.6 i think combining three effects only increases the time the potion effect lasts. Not sure. I use an addon with favourite potions bookmarked and just craft what I need.
    Edited by Edhelas_Naven on March 17, 2015 12:12AM
  • kungmoo
    kungmoo
    ✭✭✭
    crafted potions give a longer buff than the store bought ones

crafted= 5778 with 40.3 second buff (with alchemy passive)
    crown bought = 6820 with 18 second buff (with alchemy passive)
    Some men are alive simply because it is against the law to kill them. -Edward W. Howe
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And so it begins!

Reading thier wording again a single stat crafted potion is certainly not the best crafted potions therfore this gives them a leeway in having a slightly better single stat potion on the crown store.

Do remember that you can combine three Restore Health Effects , for example, from 3 different reagents to boost the Restore Health Effect you get from the crafted potion. At V5 I would assume the OP have maxed Alchemy and can craft potions with three reagents but I asked him/her to check again whether the potion they crafted resulted from only 2 combined Restore Health Effect from 2 Reagents. If not, then craft a potion with 3 reagents with Restore Health Effect and compare with crown store.

However I do know that in 1.5 the above was the case. But in 1.6 i think combining three effects only increases the time the potion effect lasts. Not sure. I use an addon with favourite potions bookmarked and just craft what I need.

You are correct that it only increases the duration not the strength.
  • Suru
    Suru
    ✭✭✭✭
    I disagree. There is no way the straight healing potions which are player crafted should be less powerful than what is in the Crown store. That's completely contrary to what has always been said about the consumables and potions in particular.

Who the hell crafts straight HP potions anyways lol.

Suru
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Suru wrote: »

Who the hell crafts straight HP potions anyways lol.
    That is not the point. The point is that crown store potions weren't supposed to be stronger than equivalent crafted potions.

And so it begins...
    Edited by Rosveen on March 17, 2015 12:51AM
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    I do see the issue.

We were told crafted potions would be better. I don't care about tri pots..

Bah.

We were also told they wouldn't put the Explorer's Pack on the Crown store.

Personally, I stopped believing anything ZOS says until it's in game and set in stone, and even then I remain skeptical.

At this point, they have actually contradicted themselves more times than they have followed through on anything. Impressive.