Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

A current ZOS employee dishes on Turbine (LOTRO) from behind the scenes. Interesting read

EJRose83
EJRose83
✭✭✭✭✭
http://massivelyop.net/2015/03/04/former-lotro-employee-dishes-out-behind-the-scenes-secrets/

As a former LOTRO player, I actually found this really intriguing. ZOS sounds like a much better company than Turbine, IMO :)
- Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent =D
- Xbox One Console Transferer
- Gamer Tag: EJRose83
- Previous LOTRO & SWTOR Player
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to take away from either the OP's point or their valid interest in the article, but I can't help but think, when I hear about such stories, that if former/current employees of these game studios would spend more time working on their current projects and less time "dishing" things might improve a little in game quality.
    Edited by tinythinker on March 16, 2015 3:21PM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • MW2K
    MW2K
    ✭✭✭
    No surprises there. As much as I love LoTRO (it's an MMO I keep going back to), it does feel like a world caught in dying fall. Plus, it's the epitome of pay to win nowadays.
    Lighting braziers and dispelling wards in Tamriel since 1994
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not to take away from either the OP's point or their valid interest in the article, but I can't help but think, when I hear about such stories, that if former/current employees of these game studios would spend more time working on their current projects and less time "dishing" things might improve a little in game quality.
    Sometimes you just need to vent though, especially when you go from a bad situation to one that's far, far better. Especially if it's one that was still a labor of love.
    Edited by Preyfar on March 16, 2015 3:41PM
  • MW2K
    MW2K
    ✭✭✭
    I'd further say that calling it "dishing" is a bit harsh - his post was reasonable and free of rancour which is admirable.
    Lighting braziers and dispelling wards in Tamriel since 1994
  • seanvwolf
    seanvwolf
    ✭✭✭✭

So you don't want them to take even a moment from their daily lives to let them write an 850 word post? On a Sunday? Really? ZOS employees get time off of work too.
    Edited by seanvwolf on March 16, 2015 3:41PM
  • ZOS_MichelleA
    ZOS_MichelleA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello there, all. This article isn't related to ESO, and therefore we will be closing the thread. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.