The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Immersive Crown Store Concept

Gidorick
Gidorick
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I really hope ZOS will grow the Crown Store presence in game to allow players to spend their Crowns by speaking with NPCs in world. This could be accomplished by adding a “Crown Store” tab to the following Merchants:
  • Banker: To add Crowns to your account.
  • Alchemist: For any and all potions that are going to be sold in the Crown Store.
  • Armorer: For all armor costumes.
  • Clothier: For any clothing-type costumes.
  • Enchanter: For any polymorphs.
  • Stables: For all mounts.
  • Cartographer: For any DLCs that include new Zones.

Please note, the Cartographer would include the implementation of my Advanced Mapping Concept, found here: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/154057/eso-advanced-mapping-concept

ALSO note, all these items would still be available in the Crown Store, they would just ALSO be available for purchase through the above merchants.

Thoughts?
Edited by Gidorick on September 8, 2015 1:31PM
What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
That's right... Horse.
Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Dreamo84
    Dreamo84
    ✭✭✭
    Probably not worth the effort it would take for them to code it. I mean... Is a merchant tab really that immersive to you? And knowing you could just buy the things wherever you are still. Would you really go out of your way to "immerse" yourself in a different menu?
    Dream it, wish it, do it... or something...
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dreamo84 wrote: »
    Probably not worth the effort it would take for them to code it. I mean... Is a merchant tab really that immersive to you? And knowing you could just buy the things wherever you are still. Would you really go out of your way to "immerse" yourself in a different menu?

Yep. This is why I've suggested this. The more that can be done "in-world" the better. Being in some random spot in Tamriel and buying a costume that will just 'blink' into existence will actually keep me from even visiting the crown store.

Different strokes.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    I really hope ZOS will grow the Crown Store presence in game to allow players to spend their Crowns by speaking with NPCs in world. This could be accomplished by adding a “Crown Store” tab to the following Merchants:
    • Alchemist: For any and all potions that are going to be sold in the Crown Store.

Please note, the Cartographer would include the implantation of my Advanced Mapping Concept, found here: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/154057/eso-advanced-mapping-concept

ALSO note, all these items would still be available in the Crown Store, they would just ALSO be available for purchase through the above merchants.

Thoughts?

Totally cool idea but it would only work 'in' conjunction with current format. I believe the idea is to make it really easy to buy crowns and items... the bean counters don't want people trying to figure out how to spend money ;) So they are going with a tried and true method, no innovation whatsoever.
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Dreamo84
    Dreamo84
    ✭✭✭

Yep. This is why I've suggested this. The more that can be done "in-world" the better. Being in some random spot in Tamriel and buying a costume that will just 'blink' into existence will actually keep me from even visiting the crown store.

Different strokes.

So... The magic appearing horses don't bother you? Or the magic banks with access anywhere in the world, even cross faction?

How do you send mail?

did you just pull a great sword out of your bum? Where did your bow go?!

I used to be bothered by some of this stuff... I learned I was happier suspending some disbelief lol. Why would the banker give you crowns anyway? He already stores your crap for free, you want him to pay you too?!
    Dream it, wish it, do it... or something...
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Different strokes.

So... The magic appearing horses don't bother you? Or the magic banks with access anywhere in the world, even cross faction?

How do you send mail?

did you just pull a great sword out of your bum? Where did your bow go?!

I used to be bothered by some of this stuff... I learned I was happier suspending some disbelief lol. Why would the banker give you crowns anyway? He already stores your crap for free, you want him to pay you too?!

heh...

My idea to make it so your horse doesn't magically poof out of nowhere:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/155569/concept-discussion-mount-stays

My post saying that it's weird that hirelings email us... I argue that the mail system should be for player to player communication. That way its a social function not a game mechanic:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/141590/its-weird-that-hirelings-email-us/p1

@DaniANgione's post about scabbards and showing both weapon sets at the same time, which I commented on and supported:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1581457/#Comment_1581457

The "banker" doesn't really bother me. They have little chests and stuff in there so one could imagine that what they give you isn't YOUR items but the items they have that are just like yours. Sort of how actual banks don't give you the exact bills you gave them but instead give you bills that equal the amount you gave them. Loose justification, but I'm fine with that. :wink:

And you would be buying crowns from the banker with real currency, not just getting them for free. It's a currency so the banker seemed logical to handle them.

Initially, I WAS going to suggest new merchants be added to ESO to handle the Crown Store. A Crown Store Merchant, in the vein of a pawn broker. I realized that adding the crown store items to existing merchants would be considerably less work on ZOS' part so, I suggested that instead.
    Edited by Gidorick on March 15, 2015 1:10PM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    I like the idea as well its different, more immersive
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like this but I imagine that most of the inventory space or repair kits are bought in the middle of they're current adventure. To keep going with out returning to town . I see that happening more often..
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like this but I imagine that most of the inventory space or repair kits are bought in the middle of they're current adventure. To keep going with out returning to town . I see that happening more often..

Well @Paazhahdrimaak, This concept spotless be in conjuction worn the current crown store, not instead. Players out adventuring could still buy whatever they need from the crown store whenever they need it.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gidorick I was just saying most of the crown store sales are "convenience items" so having access to them any where is part of that.

I like the idea of this thread, don't get me wrong.
    I'm just pointing out that they get boughten most, from players on the go.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Please note, the Cartographer would include the implementation of my Advanced Mapping Concept, found here: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/154057/eso-advanced-mapping-concept

Thoughts?

Well,how about stores in cities like Skywatch.Like the armorers,only Fashion stores. Not just a tab.You must go where they are to find them. A few in each city,maybe?
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty good idea for immersionists (is that a word?), which make up a pretty decent population of the game. They could enjoy going to different areas and speaking to relevant people for their in-game purchases.
    I noticed you missed the food and drink. That would be a good opportunity to make available from taverns.