Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why does Mournhold look nothing like it did in TESIII?

• I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Apokh wrote: »
    Looking forward to see real Life city comparisms <<today and in 1200 A.D>>

Really excited, to see how big the differences would be. Especially
    - Angkor Wat
    - Machu Picchu
    - New York City
    - Kairo
    - Athens
    - Tokyo

Hope you will soon bring some of those great comparisms on youtube! Send me a PN then!!!

I was thinking London.

Founded over 2000 years ago, gone through all manner of changes since for all kinds of reasons... invasions by Romans, Angles, Saxons, Vikings, Normans, a fire 350 years ago that destroyed much of it, industrial revolution, bombing raids only 70 years ago.

Really there should be more changes. I can only assume the presence of magic inhibits scientific and technological advances...
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really there should be more changes. I can only assume the presence of magic inhibits scientific and technological advances...

Yes. Tamriel is oddly stagnant. Thousands of years of (mostly) recorded history with a constant technology level. Same weapons. Same construction methods. Even similar clothing styles.

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    ✭✭✭✭
    You'll be pissed off? Seriously? lol

Thanks for making me appreciate next-gen graphics even more tho!
    N64 NA EP
  • Deyirn
    Deyirn
    ✭✭✭

Yes. Tamriel is oddly stagnant. Thousands of years of (mostly) recorded history with a constant technology level. Same weapons. Same construction methods. Even similar clothing styles.
    I was thinking that if they have magic, they don't need that much of a technology, well, the Dwemer made all sorts of constructs, but they were proficient in magic as well (I think so), maybe they could have summoned Daedra or something...

But what I'm trying to say is if you have magic, you can do pretty much everything you can do with technology, so that's why technology hasn't advanced, as for clothing style and fashion and architecture, I don't know about that, I really have no explanation.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mournhold as it is exists in ESO was sacked by the Imperial Legions c.2E 895. After this, it was rebuilt and expanded into what we see in Tribunal.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Deyirn wrote: »
    Dude, chill. What happens in ESO happened 1000 years before what happens in TESIII. For 1000 years cities were razed, new ones were built, etc. Look at your hometown pictures from the recent years and from 1000 years ago, does the difference make you pissed? Are you gonna sue the universe for the existence of time?

it's only 741 years. I got your point, but no need to necro a thread that is this old
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Appleblade
    Appleblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO is a close parallel universe to the single player series.

There, that answers all questions of difference in one shot.
  • Fleetwood
    Fleetwood
    Soul Shriven
    I like the new mournhold, the old one was a bit pony really.
  • Appleblade
    Appleblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe it's kept that way.

Roger Zelazny wrote a book call Lord Of Light where the ruling founders (who pass themselves as gods using high technology) of a colony world keep the bulk of the population in a pre-industrial state. Inventions above a certain level are stomped and declared unholy.

• Appleblade
    Appleblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fleetwood wrote: »
    I like the new mournhold, the old one was a bit pony really.

Not to mention Celestia and Luna moved to Canterlot.
  • Lynnessa
    Lynnessa
    ✭✭✭✭

Well, in a world where there is magic, technology will not advance as fast or as far. Necessity is the mother of invention; if you can accomplish something with magic, there is no need to accomplish it with technology.

At least, that's what the mages would have us believe.
  • Kambo
    Kambo
    ✭✭✭
    for one thing, we are on the mainland. tes 3 was on the island vvardenfell

One of the Morrowind Expansions had you travel to Mournhold.

Straight out of Mo- uh, oh wait. Um... Ebonheart, I guess?
    PC US
    Characters:
    Nathyrin Othrril - Dunmer Stamina Sorcerer
    Niveth Othrril - Dunmer Stamina Dragonknight
  • ArrerBoy
    ArrerBoy
    ✭✭✭
    When in doubt, Dragonbreak.