Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Shooting Star

• Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm gonna go beyond that and say the whole Mage Guild tree is OP atm.

- 2% Max Magicka and Magicka Regen for every skill slotted with Magicka Controller
    - Grants Empower after every skill use with Might of the Guild
    - Entropy the cheapest spell damage buff in the game, a must for a very magicka build
    - Meteor the best ultimate for PvP because it's ranged and instant damage and snare and DoT
    - Inner Light now gives you 8% max magicka (+2% from Magicka Controller = 10%) instead of costing 5%

I'm a Sorc wearing Martial Knowledge, Adroitness and Cyro Light and despite having as much spell damage as possible I still get more raw damage (not to mention sustain) from slotting a Mage's Guild than I do slotting a Sorc skill with Expert Mage.

I mean, why wouldn't you slot as many Mage's Guild abilities as possible? Even in PvE, is there a magicka DPS that doesn't have at least 3 Mages Guild abilities on DPS bar (Entropy,Inner Light, Meteor)?

What they did was they nerfed class skill trees and made a guild tree OP so now you can't shout about class imbalance because every class has access to that. Never mind the fact that everybody uses the same skills now....
    Edited by Maulkin on March 11, 2015 10:29AM
    EU | PC | AD
  • Kuro1n
    Kuro1n
    ✭✭✭
    Actually as someone who does NOT use meteor I will say this. I *** love it, watching the zerging little get blown up is the most satisfying thing in the evening. After that you can have some real PVP that is NOT just a zergfest where everyone stands together and spams *** but actually splits up a bit in order to not get hit by a meteor.

Personally I think AOE skills should do MORE damage the MORE people it hits instead of the other way around, that way zerging wont become a problem as a small group of organized players easily can burn the big zergs then.
    Edited by Kuro1n on March 11, 2015 10:41AM
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

- 2% Max Magicka and Magicka Regen for every skill slotted with Magicka Controller
    - Entropy the cheapest spell damage buff in the game, a must for a very magicka build
    - Meteor the best ultimate for PvP because it's ranged and instant damage and snare and DoT
    - Inner Light now gives you 8% max magicka (+2% from Magicka Controller = 10%) instead of costing 5%

I'm a Sorc wearing Martial Knowledge, Adroitness and Cyro Light and despite having as much spell damage as possible I still get more raw damage (not to mention sustain) from slotting a Mage's Guild than I do slotting a Sorc skill with Expert Mage.

I mean, why wouldn't you slot as many Mage's Guild abilities as possible? Even in PvE, is there a magicka DPS that doesn't have at least 3 Mages Guild abilities on DPS bar (Entropy,Inner Light, Meteor)?

What they did was they nerfed class skill trees and made a guild tree OP so now you can't shout about class imbalance because every class has access to that. Never mind the fact that everybody uses the same skills now....

Well it is the Mage's Guild...Vanus Galerion was trained by the same people as Mannimacro(The Psyjiic Order) whom are very, very, very powerful. Most of the most powerful beings in TES Lore are mages...Zurin Artcus, Jager Tharn, Soth Sil (was with the Psyjiics before using Lorhkan's Heart to be one of the Tribunal) just to name a few. Magic is supposed to be powerful, and think about it...being hit with a Meteor falling out of the sky isn't exactly a small thing....

As for the Mage's Guild, its about time...now they just need to buff the Fighter's Guild in a similar way.

Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

um.... inner light does not give 8%

meteor being the best ultimate is obviously situational

The guild tree is pretty similar to how it's always been except for the nice buff to entropy that makes is more useful. Inner light is 10% less crit than it used to give, but 5% max magicka. It also lost the detect bonus.

• Nijjion
    Nijjion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well DK's standard got nerfed WAY too much so that's why most if not all DKs use that in PvP.
    NijjijjioN - DK - AR27
    NijjioN - NB -
    Daggerfall Covenant
    The Nice Guys Guild
    EverQuest -> Dark Age of Camelot -> Ragnarok Online -> Cabal Online -> Guild Wars 1 -> Warhammer Online -> Vindictus -> SWTOR -> Tera -> Guild Wars 2 -> Elder Scrolls Online ->

Eagerly awaiting Camelot Unchained.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Meteor is totally fine imo. It's an ultimate, it's supposed to hit hard as hell. Also, yesterday night I cast it into the middle of an AD zerg and watched as 10 or so of them melted. Ahhh was wondrous. Finally something effective to totally f*ck a zerg.

It doesn't need a nerf. It's easily countered, just not on those unsuspecting.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Domander wrote: »

um.... inner light does not give 8%

meteor being the best ultimate is obviously situational

The guild tree is pretty similar to how it's always been except for the nice buff to entropy that makes is more useful. Inner light is 10% less crit than it used to give, but 5% max magicka. It also lost the detect bonus.

Okay Inner Light gives 5% not 8%, my bad.

Every skill is situational. Meteor being the best in cost/effectiveness ratio is rather obvious I'd say by the rain of Meteors in PvP. Even if you don't use it, you'd be silly not to slot it for the Magicka Controller bonus.

Entropy did not get a "nice" buff. It got a huge buff for its cost, for a very long duration too. It gives the same buff as Power Surge for nearly 1/5 of the cost. Again, it's obvious how good it is as every Magicka build is running it.

The whole tree got Empower on skill activation which it didn't before. You forgot to mention that. Also you forgot to mention that while Inner Light only gives 10% crit, you now get a base 10% anyway, so the net effect is a big buff from it.
    Edited by Maulkin on March 11, 2015 1:37PM
    EU | PC | AD
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nijjion wrote: »
    Well DK's standard got nerfed WAY too much so that's why most if not all DKs use that in PvP.

This is exactly why I'm using it now.
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Poxheart wrote: »

This is exactly why I'm using it now.

A lot of ults got nerfed or had their cost increase, which is a big nerf considering the pace of ult gen 1.6.

Meteor got buffed and is now very good for the cost.
    Edited by Maulkin on March 11, 2015 1:41PM
    EU | PC | AD
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Diversity! Every class using the same skills! Patch is great success!
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Diversity! Every class using the same skills! Patch is great success!
    @Lava_Croft ZOS rarely releases a Patch, if they've ever done it.. That is a success, a few weeks to a month after the Patch and many a maintenance it's a success... But why they release a bug filled Patch instead of ironing out the works in the PTS, which is what it's supposed to be for :confounded:
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Domander wrote: »
    Manoekin wrote: »
    Panda244 wrote: »
    It's not broken... It's just effective AF. Anything being spammed is going to be considered broken... Replace every Shooting Star with Nova, and spam the synergies. You'd die a lot faster to that.... As pointed out above, you can Reflect or Absorb the Meteor, so just use it as your own... If you don't want to slot Sword/Board to counter-reflect them, that's your own problem.

I wonder...
    fdf22h.jpg
    @roechacca picture is for you to use at your own leisure :heart:

Incorrect. Shooting Star which is NOT the increased damage morph actually does MORE damage than the Nova increased damage morph for significantly less cost (plus it's fire damage so it is burning Vampires for more, whereas Nova is just straight magic damage). Meteor in all forms is a better version of a Nova that instantly synergizes itself. Only targeting is a plus for Nova.

I'm pretty sure meteor doesn't reduce a group's damage.

Only on the enemies inside of it, so it's easy to avoid. You don't need to reduce enemy damage if you just kill them first anyway.
    Edited by Manoekin on March 11, 2015 2:29PM
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People i talk to are already moving away from shooting star/ ice comet because its so easily countered. It has been fun and it´s good against unsuspecting (well more like brainafk) victims but outside of that i would not give it too much credit...
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Darklord_Tiberius
    Darklord_Tiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I guess people are going to start whining about how the new "banner" is Meteor? There are ways to not die from it, I suggest you theory craft a bit, derps derps.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yep doesn't make a dang bit of sense why they upped the ultimate on banner when meteor does way, waay more damage and restores a lot of its own ultimate on cast.

But hey we got the monkeys off our back for a while and we got 2 much better ultimate's in return.
    Edited by Armitas on March 11, 2015 8:27PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »

Yep doesn't make a dang bit of sense why they upped the ultimate on banner when meteor does way, waay more damage and restores a lot of its own ultimate on cast.

But hey we got the monkeys off our back for a while and we got 2 much better ultimate's in return.

Lol thats cute, DKs not using standard are only hurting their team. Don't expect me to do your job for you and convince you to use them though. All I'm saying is you're crazy to not use it over meteor.
    Edited by Huntler on March 11, 2015 8:43PM
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »

Lol thats cute, DKs not using standard are only hurting their team. Don't expect me to do your job for you and convince you to use them though. All I'm saying is you're crazy to not use it over meteor.

All mine got negated or rolled out of.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its almost like you can't roll out of basically any other ultimate.... P.S. whats you're math on a meteor doing more damage than an ultimate that can last over 30 seconds? But hey I don't know what I'm doing there are like 5 other much better reasons to use it and no way in hell am I going to try and convince DKs to go back to it... except for the ones on my team that is. Go ahead, use meteor boys, its like the best ultimate ever like oh my god.
    Edited by Huntler on March 11, 2015 8:51PM
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

So much worse than meteor giving them a neon glowing circle telling them to shield up, or getting reflected?
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Its almost like you can't roll out of basically any other ultimate.... P.S. whats you're math on a meteor doing more damage than an ultimate that can last over 30 seconds?

30 seconds? when does that happen? Meteor can do 40k. It also restores ultimate when it lands giving you more chance to battle roar.
    Edited by Armitas on March 11, 2015 8:55PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »

So much worse than meteor giving them a neon glowing circle telling them to shield up, or getting reflected?

I can reflect it right back. Even if they block I get 200 worth of battle roar and 9 ultimate back per hit for the next battle roar.
    Edited by Armitas on March 11, 2015 8:57PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The argument above between using Standard and Meteor is a sarcastic one right? In every situation but one, Meteor is the superior Ultimate in PvP.

Standard Cons
    • Can Be Rolled Out Of.
    • Can Be Negated.
    • Can Be Healed Through Because DoT.
    • Can Be Ignored If You're A Tank.
    • Useless After Cast Because Stationary.
    Standard Pros
    • Kills Idiots.
    Meteor Cons
    • Reflectable.
    Meteor Pros
    • Strong Initial Burst.
    • High Damage DoT.
    • Kills Idiots & Skilled Players.
    • Cannot Be Healed Through Because Burst.
    • Cannot Be Negated.
    • Can Be Re-Reflected.
    • Not So Useless After Cast Because It Gives Back Ultimate Afterwards & Idiots Stand In DoT Because It Didn't Use To Have DoT.

What this really comes down to... Is....
    fdf22h.jpg
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its almost like you can't roll out of basically any other ultimate.... P.S. whats you're math on a meteor doing more damage than an ultimate that can last over 30 seconds?

30 seconds? when does that happen? Meteor can do 40k. It also restores ultimate when it lands giving you more chance to battle roar.

I said this in the other thread, no it can't. SS or proof otherwise that number is garbage. Closest you might get to 40k is if the person is a vampire, eats the meteor, stands in the ground damage for full duration, and is wearing paper armor. Hell I'm wearing 5 piece light armor and I can face tank meteors. What game are you guys playing.

And 30 seconds because shifting standard, answer to panda too. Noob if you're not using shifting standard. Alas I'm done arguing it because I don't want to make a good point. Also lol to saying you heal through it. Its a 30% heal debuff that can't be purged and forces people to move, an ultimate isn't always about killing people and a 30% non purgable heal debuff is worth its weight in gold. But go ahead and go for your easily counterable burst damage ultimate. I'm fine with that.
    Edited by Huntler on March 11, 2015 9:03PM
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gooey wrote: »
    This skill needs to be changed in some way, if there is ever a skill in a game thats used by EVERYONE then you know that there is something *** up wtih it.

i.e. Reflective Scales

There is nothing wrong with this Ult. The reason you see it more often is because, as you said, "everyone" can use the skill line. As you also stated it is reflectable which you seem to feel "everyone" is also using........so whats the problem. Everyone uses and it it gets reflected back on everyone.

I personally have never been killed by this Ult. In fact most other probably haven't either. I agree the effects might be over the but the results damage/stun are not.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I said this in the other thread, no it can't. SS or proof otherwise that number is garbage. Closest you might get to 40k is if the person is a vampire, eats the meteor, stands in the ground damage for full duration, and is wearing paper armor. Hell I'm wearing 5 piece light armor and I can face tank meteors. What game are you guys playing.

And 30 seconds because shifting standard, answer to panda too. Noob if you're not using shifting standard. Alas I'm done arguing it because I don't want to make a good point. Also lol to saying you heal through it. Its a 30% heal debuff that can't be purged and forces people to move, an ultimate isn't always about killing people and a 30% non purgable heal debuff is worth its weight in gold. But go ahead and go for your easily counterable burst damage ultimate. I'm fine with that.

26076fq.jpg Eso what game are you playing?

How much damage are you doing chasing someone down with shifting standard for 30 seconds instead of casting? How much battle roar have you wasted because you can't put simultaneous banners down or earn new ultimate? How much heal debuff or dot damage do you get after 7 negates?
    Edited by Armitas on March 11, 2015 9:09PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

26076fq.jpg Eso what game are you playing.

How much damage are you doing chasing someone down with shifting standard for 30 seconds instead of casting? How much battle roar have you wasted because you can't put simultaneous banners down or earn new ultimate? How much heal debuff do you get after 7 negates?

Dat dot damage. And you don't chase a single person down for shifting standard, you 1v1ing people go ahead use meteor. Shifting standard locks down areas, has high damage, and heal debuffs. It is area denial or die ultimate. And it does a damn good job at that in coordinated play. 1 ultimate doesn't kill people, coordination does, and unpurgable heal debuff, movable 30 second ultimate with decent damage does.
    Edited by Huntler on March 11, 2015 9:10PM
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

26076fq.jpg Eso what game are you playing.

How much damage are you doing chasing someone down with shifting standard for 30 seconds instead of casting? How much battle roar have you wasted because you can't put simultaneous banners down or earn new ultimate? How much heal debuff do you get after 7 negates?

Dat dot damage.

You mean...like shifting standard?

It works when I fight uncoordinated groups, the coordinated ones have negate orders. When all the negates settle down, or on that first few seconds of a surprise push it does good, but most of the time it gets eaten or wasted.
    Edited by Armitas on March 11, 2015 9:14PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who used Shifting Standard a lot as you can see in my Videos..I don't use it over Shooting Star anymore for one simple reason... Shifting Standard is PBAE..meaning I have to charge in and drop it on a group..Which is instant death half the time for me solo...Shooting Star is cheaper/ranged and if they reflect it i'm going to reflect it back for 35% more damage..So yea...There is zero reason for me not to use it.

• Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »
    The argument above between using Standard and Meteor is a sarcastic one right? In every situation but one, Meteor is the superior Ultimate in PvP.

Standard Cons
    • Can Be Rolled Out Of.
    • Can Be Negated.
    • Can Be Healed Through Because DoT.
    • Can Be Ignored If You're A Tank.
    • Useless After Cast Because Stationary.
    Standard Pros
    • Kills Idiots.
    Meteor Cons
    • Reflectable.
    Meteor Pros
    • Strong Initial Burst.
    • High Damage DoT.
    • Kills Idiots & Skilled Players.
    • Cannot Be Healed Through Because Burst.
    • Cannot Be Negated.
    • Can Be Re-Reflected.
    • Not So Useless After Cast Because It Gives Back Ultimate Afterwards & Idiots Stand In DoT Because It Didn't Use To Have DoT.

What this really comes down to... Is....
    fdf22h.jpg

Stop . It's not meteor when it works right it's the added fall damage bug that hits for 50K sometimes . Everyone now knows it's bugged and their using it anyways . That's fine too . Just don't throw the Abra Ka Pokus blanket over the issue and tell everyone it's nothing ...
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Huntler Look we all have our own opinions... The sad truth of the matter is, against anyone with a brain, Standard, and every other AoE Ultimate is only viable in enclosed engagements so you can get the full effect of the Ultimate off. There's no sensible reason to drop Standard on a group of players that will immediately negate or roll dodge out of it because it didn't do anything but make them use their stamina. The heal cut doesn't work outside the Standard, the second you leave it you're fine. Which makes both morphs utterly useless outside very specific situations, whereas with Meteor you can really never go wrong, it's a fire and forget Ultimate. Standard has to be placed in the correct locations at the correct times against correct groups of enemies.....

Standard works well. In it's limited situations. Meteor works well. All the time. That's just fact... You can't use Standard in open field combat and expect to get anything done with it.

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF