Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Shooting Star

Gooey
Gooey
✭✭✭
This skill needs to be changed in some way, if there is ever a skill in a game thats used by EVERYONE then you know that there is something *** up wtih it.

i.e. Reflective Scales
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You're not enjoying the shooting star spam ? It's only like 20 or 30 meteors at a time every 30 seconds in large scale fights . The screen shake and bright blue flashes over and over really tests who owns a real graphics card . Who doesn't like Player Vs Graphics card ? Most of the people spamming it crash . I stood in the middle of a hail of them and it barely even damaged me . I just dodge rolled out , popped blazing shields and ritual and killed 7 or 8 when the damage explodes ...
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No way, its the only skill that will bust a zerg. Its reflectable too so you can turn the tables on its caster.
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    woodsro wrote: »
    No way, its the only skill that will bust a zerg. Its reflectable too so you can turn the tables on its caster.

Yep . Please keep aiming at the Templars . It's hilarious .
  • WRX
    WRX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    woodsro wrote: »

There are plenty of way to bust a zerg, this skill is currently broken.
    Decibel GM

GLUB GLUB
  • xylena
    xylena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    meteors are stronger than siege weapons right now

the solution is not to nerf meteor, but to buff siege weapons
    Retired until we break the Tank Meta
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not broken... It's just effective AF. Anything being spammed is going to be considered broken... Replace every Shooting Star with Nova, and spam the synergies. You'd die a lot faster to that.... As pointed out above, you can Reflect or Absorb the Meteor, so just use it as your own... If you don't want to slot Sword/Board to counter-reflect them, that's your own problem.

I wonder...
    fdf22h.jpg
    @roechacca picture is for you to use at your own leisure :heart:
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »
    It's not broken... It's just effective AF. Anything being spammed is going to be considered broken... Replace every Shooting Star with Nova, and spam the synergies. You'd die a lot faster to that.... As pointed out above, you can Reflect or Absorb the Meteor, so just use it as your own... If you don't want to slot Sword/Board to counter-reflect them, that's your own problem.

I wonder...
    fdf22h.jpg

LMAO !
  • Fatalyis
    Fatalyis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, this game. All I ever see is laser beams and meteors. It's ridiculous right now.
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No I don't meteor . I Nova and I Ritual Blazing Shields . Both are better Zerg busters .
  • KarshtheWraith
    KarshtheWraith
    ✭✭✭
    PvP is so much fun!
    MEGA BEST FRIENDS
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont see a problem with meteor at all. I havent been killed by one yet in zerg. I just reflect it with s&b reflect when i know its coming because of the giant indicator at my feet. Stop complaining gooey and get your reflect on.
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anything being spammed is going to be considered broken...

AD Whining is broken.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghostbane wrote: »

AD Whining is broken.

@Ghostbane I don't think... I've ever whined... On the forums... Ever... :confused:
    Hold that thought, going to go check all my discussion real quick.

Edit: Nope, no whining... Get sum punk!
    Edited by Panda244 on March 11, 2015 1:18AM
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

AD Whining is broken.

@Ghostbane I don't think... I've ever whined... On the forums... Ever... :confused:

@Panda244 I was referring to AD zone chat, but check all the same!
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭

AD Whining is broken.

@Panda244 I was referring to AD zone chat, but check all the same!

Oh lmfao. @Ghostbane in that case yes. Very much so... I don't venture into Thornlag much so I don't see it, but it rubs off in Haderus so yea... I get ya.

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• Oughash
    Oughash
    ✭✭✭✭
    The other two skills I see in my ten thousand death recaps: crit charge and wrecking blow. I mean, sheet. Templars can use all four!!!!
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    EVVrqsI.jpg
    Haven't you ever gone star gazing? It's a beautiful thing.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's only a few ranged ultimates... and it does more if it's damage up front, and it's pretty decent now. It's not hard to see why its used alot, at least for some people.

It's good, nothing wrong with it.
  • Mantic0r3
    Mantic0r3
    ✭✭✭
    you just have to love the view when you watch to armies clash and the meteor shower begins :D
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naw there's something up with it. I watched tonight as alswell was taken and inside of the keep 30 meteors dropped..then 30 more10 seconds later...there weren't that many people sieging.
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Naw there's something up with it. I watched tonight as alswell was taken and inside of the keep 30 meteors dropped..then 30 more10 seconds later...there weren't that many people sieging.

Ult gen is busted
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just block when I see the indicator under my feet and I take hardly any damage. On my DK, I just hit reflective scales and send it back to the caster. I love using it on groups of snipers on the inner wall of a Keep, some times I get lucky and a few fall off into the courtyard into the feeding frenzy of angry players upset at being sniped.

Combine this with magicka detonation/meatbag and groups just melt on the flags unless they move out. Really forces them to kill players in the keep before jumping on the flags to flip it.

You all wanted zerg busters, well, here ya go!
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Psilent wrote: »
    I just block when I see the indicator under my feet and I take hardly any damage. On my DK, I just hit reflective scales and send it back to the caster. I love using it on groups of snipers on the inner wall of a Keep, some times I get lucky and a few fall off into the courtyard into the feeding frenzy of angry players upset at being sniped.

Combine this with magicka detonation/meatbag and groups just melt on the flags unless they move out. Really forces them to kill players in the keep before jumping on the flags to flip it.

You all wanted zerg busters, well, here ya go!

Fall damage bug needs to go . As lolzy as that maybe ... Na bruh na
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you sure this is Shooting Star/Icy Comet or the proc from Skoria? A lot of DK's are running Skoria and the proc is a meteor. I died at Aleswell Farm on Chillrend an hour ago and saw like 6 to 7 of these fall in a few seconds while I laid there waiting for my buddy to rez me.
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you sure this is Shooting Star/Icy Comet or the proc from Skoria? A lot of DK's are running Skoria and the proc is a meteor. I died at Aleswell Farm on Chillrend an hour ago and saw like 6 to 7 of these fall in a few seconds while I laid there waiting for my buddy to rez me.

Honestly I don't know. I'm assuming Skoria is an armor set from dungeons?(Iver never run any of those dungeons). But it would still be odd that it proccd that much wouldn't it?
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I wonder...
    fdf22h.jpg

Incorrect. Shooting Star which is NOT the increased damage morph actually does MORE damage than the Nova increased damage morph for significantly less cost (plus it's fire damage so it is burning Vampires for more, whereas Nova is just straight magic damage). Meteor in all forms is a better version of a Nova that instantly synergizes itself. Only targeting is a plus for Nova.
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly I don't know. I'm assuming Skoria is an armor set from dungeons?(Iver never run any of those dungeons). But it would still be odd that it proccd that much wouldn't it?

Trust me, it procs quite often and a lot of players have the set. I bet this is what your seeing moeso then Shooting Star/Icy Comet. Caltrops can proc it quite often too. Now, I'm not saying there are not a lot of shooting stars, but I see more Skoria meteors than Shooting Star.
    Edited by Psilent on March 11, 2015 3:35AM
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shooting star has a lot of counters. :smile: I was using an OP build today to counter them.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Manoekin wrote: »

I wonder...
    fdf22h.jpg

Incorrect. Shooting Star which is NOT the increased damage morph actually does MORE damage than the Nova increased damage morph for significantly less cost (plus it's fire damage so it is burning Vampires for more, whereas Nova is just straight magic damage). Meteor in all forms is a better version of a Nova that instantly synergizes itself. Only targeting is a plus for Nova.

I'm pretty sure meteor doesn't reduce a group's damage.
    Edited by Domander on March 11, 2015 6:58AM
  • Itoq
    Itoq
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't you know, don't you know, Don't you know that you have a,
    flappity flap,
    And all the world will love you just as long,
    As long as you have a,
    one hand shield clappity clap.