Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

General Tanking Stats for 1.6

Anlaemar
Anlaemar
✭✭✭
I'm running a Nord DK, Vet 13 and close to V14. Both bars are S/S. Stats without food sit at 25k health, 10k stamina, and 10k magicka. I have 21k Armor and just under 20k spell resistance without buffs. Attronoch mundus. 5/2 H/L w/ set Hist/Footman. Skills on the bars I use at the moment are really no different from pre-1.6; First bar is my "Lock N' Block" and my second is initiation with buffs and debuffs. I run Craglorn and Vet Dungeons fairly easy and only die when the DPS aren't the best or I just make a silly mistake.

Question is, are these stats good for DSA and Trials? I been thinking about respecing my attributes and putting some in stamina or magicka, changing the mundus stone, and switching my second bar to 2H so I'm more useful in groups. Maybe even 7/7 H or 5/2 H/M. Thoughts?
Edited by Anlaemar on March 10, 2015 10:58AM
(NA) Anlaemar with 750+ Champion Points
Member Since April 15, 2014
(EP)Alrik Vadason - Nord Dragonknight
Tank
(EP)Matdasi Hlarrobar - Breton Mageblade
Formerly known as Ra'dar Ahdhari - Main DPS 40k Self Buffed
(EP)Marrec Vadason - Breton Templar Healer
(EP)Nameless - Altmer Sorcerer - Secondary DPS
- The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason -

Best Answer

• SafiyerAmitora
    SafiyerAmitora
    ✭✭✭
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/155802/tanking-with-the-lt-how-armor-values-work-in-1-6-for-tanks?new=1

I would recommend taking a look at the link; I used to run about 20k armor and had infused/divines on my armor, but after reading the above link, I switched to all reinforced (with the exception of Footman pieces, which I had to use the girdle and gauntlets for) I'm now running at 25k armor (30k w/Hardened Armor), and I must honestly say that it's done wonders for my tanking.

My set pieces: 5pc Footman/5pc Seducer/2pc Hist. (I have to use 5pc Seducer rather than Hist like I'd prefer, but I have severe problems with Magicka if I don't run Seducer. Then again, I PvP, so when you're getting hit by soul assaults, meteors, snipes, and Templar death beams, the gdb spam is real. O_O Though in PvE it's keeping my buffs and taunts refreshed that runs me out of Magicka. Otherwise, I'd use 5pc Hist/5pc Footman/2pc Engine Guardian, Blood Spawn, or Malubeths.)
    Legend || Mizery Records || Black Market Wares
    Aeilith ~ AD L50 Khajiit magicka NB dps/max crafter (NA)
    Naraiya ~ AD L50 Altmer magicka Sorc dps (NA)
    Dont Die Like I Did ~ DC L50 Khajiit magicka Templar heals (NA)
    Bring The Pain ~ AD L50 Dunmer magicka DK tank (NA)
    An Achílles Heal ~ AD L50 Breton magicka Templar heals (NA)
    One Two Gank A Few ~ EP L50 Bosmer stam NB dps (NA)
    Your Lást Mistáke ~ DC L50 Altmer magicka NB dps (NA)
    Rekts All Noobs ~ DC L50 Redguard stam DK dps (NA)
    Reaper of Salt ~ EP L50 Khajiit stam Sorc dps
    The Réktoning ~ AD L8 Dunmer magicka DK dps
    Avaraiya ~ AD L25 Altmer magicka Warden tank
    Nafatiri ~ EP L24 Argonian magicka Warden heals
    Once Upon An OP Magden ~ EP L3 Altmer magicka Warden dps (NA)
    Updated: 08/01/2018
    759 Champion Points || ESO Member since Apr 2014
    Answer ✓
  • Chesimac
    Chesimac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anlaemar wrote: »
    I'm running a Nord DK, Vet 13 and close to V14. Both bars are S/S. Stats without food sit at 25k health, 10k stamina, and 10k magicka. I have 21k Armor and just under 20k spell resistance without buffs. Attronoch mundus. 5/2 H/L w/ set Hist/Footman. Skills on the bars I use at the moment are really no different from pre-1.6; First bar is my "Lock N' Block" and my second is initiation with buffs and debuffs. I run Craglorn and Vet Dungeons fairly easy and only die when the DPS aren't the best or I just make a silly mistake.

Question is, are these stats good for DSA and Trials? I been thinking about respecing my attributes and putting some in stamina or magicka, changing the mundus stone, and switching my second bar to 2H so I'm more useful in groups. Maybe even 7/7 H or 5/2 H/M. Thoughts?

No, you can probably get better stats. With a sap tank spec I have around 17k of magicka/stamina and 23k health.
    5 Hist Bark
    5 Footman
    2 Blood Spawn
    I run 5 H/1L/1M for the huge increase from the rank 10 undaunted passive (and partially because I haven't gotten a heavy blood spawn helm yet xD)
    Although you cant always with footman, try to get infused on large pieces for the huge enchant stat bonus and divines on the smaller. Make sure to use v10 purple buff food for the 3k extra of each stat. Either way, It is more essential having block bonuses from sets like the ones I use and unassailableand block reduction cost enchants than having the max stats possible.
  • omfgitsbatman
    omfgitsbatman
    ✭✭✭✭
    http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/zomnomnombies-tankplar-build/

Zomnomnombie is a very knowledgeable tank and has done basically everything in the game. While his guide is a templar tanking guide, the sections on gearing, attributes, and such are pretty much universal to tanks.

He recommends sitting around 30k health and 10k magika, and as much stamina as possible after that.

He has an entire section describing which gear could be relevant and why. But I believe he recommends 5pc footman, 5 pc hist, 1pc Valkyn Skoria, Master sword. He wears 1 medium, 1 light, 5 heavy.

I would highly recommend emulating him as he is definitely one of the best tanks I Have seen in the game.
    He's the healer Tamriel deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hurt his tank. Because he can heal them to full. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful rejuvinator. A Cloaked Healer.

@Omfgitsbatman PC/NA
    Ticktick-Argonian Nightblade Healer/Magicka DPS
    Tinytick- Imperial DK Tank
    Wuches Y'Shaur- V16 High Elf Sorc Magicka DPS
    Ticktator- Dunmer DK Magicka DPS
    Tick Head- Dark Elf Magicka NB DPS

GM:
    Mercs Of Sovngarde (EP/NA): AA (HM), HRC (HM), VSO (HM), VDSA, VMSA complete
    Vet Maw 4/5