The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Lifting the Veil Bugged

• kodo
    kodo
    ✭✭
    first abandon quest,also make sure youre not wearing any costume ,wear original outfit .if still not ok, try abandon quest and do another quest in other zone.than return .
  • watcherseyeb14_ESO
    kodo wrote: »
    first abandon quest,also make sure youre not wearing any costume ,wear original outfit .if still not ok, try abandon quest and do another quest in other zone.than return .

Thanks for the suggestion, but no joy.
  • watcherseyeb14_ESO
    Ok, a gamemaster contacted me and suggested dying to remove any effects on my toon. Did so and it worked.
  • Adryssa_Joneley
    Adryssa_Joneley
    ✭✭✭
    Someone suggested this quest gets bugged if you have a costume.. but i have removed both costumes, and tabards... dumped the quest... relaunched... and still get stuck where the toon won't auto-drink to get to the next stage. He just stands there doing nothing. I have dumped and picked this quest up like 10 times at least trying different things but nothing is working. Its clearing still bugged a month later.
  • Adryssa_Joneley
    Adryssa_Joneley
    ✭✭✭
    Hlaadriel wrote: »
    You can always drop the quest and restart it... it often solves those random issues

Tried that many times, in this case, it didnt help. /sigh
  • Adryssa_Joneley
    Adryssa_Joneley
    ✭✭✭
    Is it simply not possible for the GM's or devs or whoever is behind that steering wheel to flag everyone who has submitted a ticked to the next part of that quest? I know in swtor there was something similar that people got stuck on, and they could simply give that player the next status quest so the player could continue on with that quest. But here you just get a email response that you have to wait for a future patch... when is unknown.

Yes, I remember The Secret World did exactly that. When you had a bugged quest, it wasnt long before someone from their department was in your tells and helped you get to the next phase of a quest so you can at least complete it. That was an awesome thing, and very helpful.
  • nemo284b16_ESO
    nemo284b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Still stuck, been a month now. My other chars had no problem with it.
    To quote the original Thief game: Join us, join us, join us now!
  • thesilverball_ESO
    thesilverball_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Sill broken. Bug report sent but I'm doubtful they're going to fix it all that fast. Dropped the quest 6 times, relogged, reloadedui multiple times, turned off all add-ons, launched for another computer, nothing works. Can't get past the drink bug.

(this edit below is roughly 3 days later - possible work around)

I left the quest in my list and ignored the bug and continued on doing other quests for roughly 2 days. Randomly when I was at the top of Auridon and opened a dungeon door I was teleported all the way back to the next location near Skywatch I was suppose to appear at for the "lifting the veil" quest. I was then able to complete the quest.

I'm not sure if this will work for everyone but my suggestion is to not abandon the quest, and just move on to other things until (hopefully) it kicks in. I'd give 2 or 3 days to kick in. It's not much to go on but it worked for me.
    Edited by thesilverball_ESO on May 4, 2015 6:05AM
  • LianaraBloodway
    LianaraBloodway
    Soul Shriven
    Would appear this is still a problem... I am leveling my hubby's Sorc and I have tried Everything..
    * Relogging the character
    * Dropping and restarting the quest-chain
    * Removing all plug-ins
    * Removing all saved variables
    * Restarting the game client
    * Restarting the computer
    * Trying to complete the quest on a different computer

still he says drink and nothing i have nothing to drink :(
  • Messorem
    Messorem
    Can someone help me with restarting this quest? I dropped lifting the veil and don't know how to restart it. I can't figure out who to talk to.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should be able to restart Lifting the Veil by talking to Raz in Skywatch Manor.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • spinality
    spinality
    ✭✭
    FWIW this just happened to me, same symptoms, 2/11/2017. The bug lives.
  • Arsvita
    Been at "Lifting the Veil" for days and it keeps bugging at "Drink ..."
    Tried everything and then some from simple dropping and requiring quest to re-logging, shutting down and clean restart, no addons, no gear what so ever / naked.

See if this gets fixed or sometime withing the year I get ported to the island if I don't drop this maddening quest.
  • Nossira
    Nossira
    Soul Shriven
    Also encountering the same issues. Can't drink. Tried re-logging and doing the "soft reset" (logging out for 15 minutes then trying again) as well as abandoning the quest and restarting it several times. But with no luck. I'm part of the DC and am trying to work on Cadwell's almanac in AD.
  • AIfil
    AIfil
    Soul Shriven
    I've bump with this bug two days ago and like everyone else i drop and restart the quest, kill myself and nothing changes, then log out and log in and nothing, what worked for me was this: in the part where palomir asks for a marine sword, i when to razum-dar at the manor and he gave me a sword, then i whent back to palomir and bam... blackout and i woke up on the veiled isle
  • jellicles
    jellicles
    ✭✭✭
    AIfil wrote: »
    I've bump with this bug two days ago and like everyone else i drop and restart the quest, kill myself and nothing changes, then log out and log in and nothing, what worked for me was this: in the part where palomir asks for a marine sword, i when to razum-dar at the manor and he gave me a sword, then i whent back to palomir and bam... blackout and i woke up on the veiled isle

Sadly, this did not work for me. I remain stuck waiting for a drink. Any solutions @ZOS_TristanK or @ZOS_JessicaFolsom or @ZOS_GinaBruno?