Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Where is the best place to steal and pickpocket for high value items?

LegacyDM
LegacyDM
✭✭✭✭✭
So I am legerdemain level 7, AD VR14, and have been hanging around Vulkhel Guard and Khenarthi's Roost to pickpocket. I've been stealing from "hard" targets. However, I mostly score white items and the occasional green worth 100 gold. Is anyone scoring higher value green items, blues, or purples? I went to the VR 10 areas and it's the same result. There appears to be no difference between a VR NPC in Bangkorai and a low level NPC in Vulkhel Guard.

Am I missing something?
Legacy of Kain
Vicious Carnage
¥ampire Lord of the South
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gotten blue items off of civilians, but this was in zones different than those you mention.
    Options
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sacadon wrote: »
    I've gotten blue items off of civilians, but this was in zones different than those you mention.

Which zones?
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    Options
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Rift... Got at least 5 blue pieces off of civilians there yesterday, killed about 100 of them so I wouldn't expect constant blues.
    Edited by Sacadon on March 8, 2015 1:59PM
    Options
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Found 4 blues in lockcboxes in bangkorai (advanced boxes) and one purple, queen nurnhildes toelnailing clipping, in a nightstand upstairs of the fighters guild. That toenail clippin now always travels with Ramoc.
    Options
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Second city(not Evermore) in Bangkorai

A LOT OF SAFEBOXEZ

like at every NPC kiosk
    also at every house
    in one of the tavern - 3 safeboxes!
    Options
  • Messy1
    Messy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard somewhere that taking things off of the King in Daggerfall yields good things, or any of the "nobles" in other places.
    Options
  • ShadowDisciple
    ShadowDisciple
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stormhaven main city Wayrest....king's Emeric palace is extremely easy to steal from cupbords and nightstands and wardrobes, and you can get 2-3k just by looting it..tons of blue items that sells for 250gps

Quite decent amount of B&E houses for strongboxes also
    Options
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    QuadroTony wrote: »

A LOT OF SAFEBOXEZ

like at every NPC kiosk
    also at every house

chest icons - safeboxes
    4YptgZY.jpg

Options
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A LOT OF SAFEBOXEZ

like at every NPC kiosk
    also at every house

chest icons - safeboxes
    4YptgZY.jpg

Is this an add on?
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    Options
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As some here have already mentioned, safeboxes are by far the best way to get those items. Capital cities are a great source of those.

I haven't got any hard data to back it up, but anecdotally, it looks like harder locks on safeboxes yield better items.
    ----
    Murray?
    Options
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I guess the consensus is that Blues and purples are stolen from safe boxes but pick pocketing nets greens and whites...

I'm level 11 now and have never pick pocketed anything higher than a green. There is no difference between a vr 10 npc and a low lvl NPC? its all based on the difficulty factor not the level? I propose that ZOS relook at this mechanic and take a hybrid approach? If I've done all of cadwells and am in a vr 10 zone, I should be rewarded with better pickpocket items based on a combination of level and difficulty?

Would people agree?
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    Options
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's based on 2 things, Zone Level and NPC societal Class. The higher the Zone is and the "richer" the NPC is the better chance you will get items of greater value. It has zero to do with your Character Level.
    Options
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeLindsay wrote: »
    It's based on 2 things, Zone Level and NPC societal Class. The higher the Zone is and the "richer" the NPC is the better chance you will get items of greater value. It has zero to do with your Character Level.

I haven't noticed zone level playing in to it. White, green and blue stolen items all have the same value in Grahtwood as they do in Wayrest.
    ----
    Murray?
    Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't noticed zone level playing in to it. White, green and blue stolen items all have the same value in Grahtwood as they do in Wayrest.
    Grahtwood and Wayrest are both in the second full zone for their respective factions, though. That could be what determines it, rather than what level that zone is for you.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In the better zones and cities, you have a better chance of finding the better stuff.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got a purple from a group of civilians I've been hitting all day. Otherwise random blues and mostly greens. Point being purps do drop when you loot civilians.
    Options
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this an add on?

yes it is
    Options
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this an add on?

yes it is

which ONE?
    Options
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Harvest Map
    Options
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The quality of the drop is what I was referring to, the value of the item to your Fence is static regardless of zone.
    Options
  • rmatthendrick
    rmatthendrick
    ✭✭
    Anybody know a good place in AD for stealing Wood weapons (staffs, bows) and shields? I want to level up my Woodworking Skill and I haven't run across any shop or guilds that has a good amount.
    Options
  • Area51Visitor
    Area51Visitor
    ✭✭✭
    Manhattan, I've heard.
    Options
  • Fartman
    Fartman
    ✭✭✭
    Are these items only good to sell to the bandits? I have a few items that say stolen but I cn't put them in the bank or anything, should I just sell them off?
    Options
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fartman wrote: »
    Are these items only good to sell to the bandits? I have a few items that say stolen but I cn't put them in the bank or anything, should I just sell them off?

Sell them to the Fence - you can find them in outlaw refuge that is indicated by the map.
    Options
  • nun_nonrb19_ESO
    Fartman wrote: »

At the fencer you can sell or launder stolen items. There's one tab for each option when you interact with the fencer.
    Options
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got 1 Blue, 5 Greens out of the various "containers" in High King Emeric's palace yesterday.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
    Options
  • traigusb14_ESO2
    traigusb14_ESO2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have best luck with lockboxes... but both purples I have looted came from nightstands in leader palaces.

I've never done a complete B&E.

Every time I unlock a house door, no matter where. I always come in to face 1-4 people looking directly at me lol... Um... HAI... just stealth doormat cleaner... i'll come back later.
    Options
  • RSram
    RSram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would a thief tell another thief where his marks are? In two hours of game play I can get 50 blue items, but I had to devise a plan of action like any good thief would do. A good thief can consistently earn $16,000 a day. But I'd like to point out that all containers contain random items. So the more you steal the more likely the RANDOM god will favor you and give you more blue and purple items.

So here's a plan that I will share. First get the addon called "Harvens House Hunter"; this will let you know which houses that you haven't explored and keeps a record of those you did. Note that this addon only records buildings where you have a load screen when going through the door; open structures like barns are not recorded.

The next addon to get is "Harvest Map"; This map will record the locations of all the items that you harvested including safe boxes, but not unlocked items such as trunks and cabinets. You can filter out all other items so that only the lock chests are shown on the map.

The third addon is called "Mini Map" and works great with "Harvest Map" and "Harvens House Hunter". Set this addon to show the coordinates about the map. This addon helps you navigate quickly from one location to another.

Now that you have the tools, the next item you will need is a method to document where all the best locations are to steal from. You can use a pen and paper, or a note app on your phone.

My strategy is simple but fast. First you to document where every mark is. Search every building for safe boxes, crates, sacks, cabinets, chests, etc and record the location where you found a safe box, or green, or higher value item. Green, blue, and higher value items can also be found in in trunks, cabinets, and sacks. Once you explored the entire zone, you can then plot a secquence of way points using the coordinates you obtained in the mini map, and the safe boxes that show up on the "Harvest Map"

Now that you have a series of way points and safe box locations using Harvest map, plan a route through the entire zone or zones and repeat that route until your inventory is filled. Discard lower value items as you repeat the route until you have just green or higher value items. Repeat this pattern daily.

If you get caught, just sneak somewhere to hide and log off for 30 minutes and then logon and continue stealing.
    Options
  • FilteredRiddle
    FilteredRiddle
    ✭✭✭✭
    As some here have already mentioned, safeboxes are by far the best way to get those items. Capital cities are a great source of those.

I haven't got any hard data to back it up, but anecdotally, it looks like harder locks on safeboxes yield better items.
    That's not even anecdotal. The higher a lock, the better the loot.

Xbox One NA
    The Sentinels of Padomay
    Obsidian Guard (Social with PvX Events)

Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now. Gamers don't sit around.
    - Jane McGonigal
    Options
  • Conquers
    Conquers
    ✭✭✭✭
    my mouth waters at the amount of killable npcs in windhelm

i tried killing a bunch, i did, then died to guard. i then tried looting the dead bodies and got a bounty :s
    VR 16 Orc Stamina Dragonknight

We need a loot currency system in this game!
    forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/230549/currency-system-for-dungeons#latest
    Options
This discussion has been closed.