The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Patch note for patch today?

• Valnas
    Valnas
    ✭✭✭✭
    just MAINTENANCE

connect them
    Edited by Valnas on March 3, 2015 4:22PM
    Fluph Head EP sorc dank magus
    valnäs EP nb
    opHotterslol AD dk
    Options
  • ebunts14_ESO
    ebunts14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    If you want the majority of the patch notes, just read the patch notes from PTS.
    Options
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So my comments got ninja deleted again and I'd like to argue that they should be reinstated for this particular thread. Sure, we're all just joking around here with a bit of good-natured trolling, but the point that myself, princess and others are trying to make is that there are no new patch notes. Meanwhile, we've got this massive download full of major changes. Most people are going to have to significantly alter their builds and playstyles, so it'd be pretty cool to have those notes to look at. So yeah, satirical posts get deleted because the ZOS gestapo doesn't like to be criticized? We were all just having fun here. Come on.
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
    Options
  • MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So my comments got ninja deleted again and I'd like to argue that they should be reinstated for this particular thread. Sure, we're all just joking around here with a bit of good-natured trolling, but the point that myself, princess and others are trying to make is that there are no new patch notes. Meanwhile, we've got this massive download full of major changes. Most people are going to have to significantly alter their builds and playstyles, so it'd be pretty cool to have those notes to look at. So yeah, satirical posts get deleted because the ZOS gestapo doesn't like to be criticized? We were all just having fun here. Come on.

Good-natured trolling. The definition of an oxymoron.
    Posts were made that this wasn't 1.6, but just maintenance. Text doesn't communicate tone. Er go it was confusing.
    You really might want to consider other forms of entertainment than deliberate obfuscation and annoyance.
    Observant wrote: »
    I can count to potato.
    another topic that cant see past its own farts.
    WWJLHD?
    Options
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fun you re having, however, is misleading to others who are not following the "fun trail". :) Hence, removing of said mis-leading threads.
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
    Options
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P3ZZL3 wrote: »
    The fun you re having, however, is misleading to others who are not following the "fun trail". :) Hence, removing of said mis-leading threads.

I just linked patch notes to other games you might enjoy while awaiting this update... If anything, I was providing a public service.
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
    Options
  • MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just linked patch notes to other games you might enjoy while awaiting this update... If anything, I was providing a public service.

What's the colour of the sky on your planet?

Meanwhile, on topic, It's getting very close to the outside of the 'hour or two' estimate.
    DON'T MAKE ME POST THE GIF AGAIN GINA!
    I can count to potato.
    WWJLHD?
    Options
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are currently pushing Update 6 live to the North American megaserver. We encourage everyone to open up the game launcher now -- it will begin automatically updating to Update 6 as soon as the patch is available, before we open the megaserver. We'll have the full Update 6 patch notes up within the next hour or two.

Another missed deadline commitment made by ZOS? :trollface:
    Options
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MorHawk wrote: »

Meanwhile, on topic, It's getting very close to the outside of the 'hour or two' estimate.

My planet was destroyed by cyborgs long before I was born. My mother raised me in the cargo bay of a spaceship and I have been a nomad, traveling this galaxy for eons. I have no planet, but you couldn't have known :disappointed:
    DARFAL COVANT
    Options
  • MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My planet was destroyed by cyborgs long before I was born. My mother raised me in the cargo bay of a spaceship and I have been a nomad, traveling this galaxy for eons. I have no planet, but you couldn't have known :disappointed:

Okay, you get an awesome for that.
    I can count to potato.
    WWJLHD?
    Options
  • Kreetar
    Kreetar
    ✭✭✭

this absolutely killed me (in the best way). :joy:
    dip me in the blood of mortals and throw me to the Dremora

Options
  • Tsute
    Tsute
    ✭✭✭
    Today's patch notes:
    EHCuqoAsIizpVPKemr3Ng2kS8ZnYhXQF47DxWRcw.png
    Options
  • The_Death_Princess
    The_Death_Princess
    ✭✭✭
    As hilarious as that .gif is, it makes threads all kinds of laggy while the browser is loading it...

You get lagged from this? Wow, how can you even play the game then. My machine insta loaded this video tech from the original windows generation.....
    Astaria Dødfurstinna
    Official Hunter Community Lead DAOC
    (Pendragon Beta through Catacombs release)
    Look at this but dont QQ: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/hfxYcf
    Options
  • MW2K
    MW2K
    ✭✭✭
    As hilarious as that .gif is, it makes threads all kinds of laggy while the browser is loading it...

You get lagged from this? Wow, how can you even play the game then. My machine insta loaded this video tech from the original windows generation.....

Could well be on a phone or some other device.
    Lighting braziers and dispelling wards in Tamriel since 1994
    Options
  • Flouride_Bandito
    I just came back to this game from a long hiatus. Game is WONDERFUL - I don't care at all about PvP or class balance or raids or epic lootz, so the exploration focus and storyline are perfect.

Today I'm home from work thanks to a sick dog. I was looking forward to playing. I'm... surprised... that companies still do this "down for maintenance" thing. Amazon doesn't go down for maintenance, and they handle transactions taking real money in SOX-compliant ways. It's kind of disappointing to see that this is still industry standard (if it is?).

Is there anywhere to discover approximately how long the patch might take? Is this going to come back up in an hour, or is it likely closer to six hours? Or all day?
    Options
  • Psychotius
    Psychotius
    ✭✭✭
    I just came back to this game from a long hiatus. Game is WONDERFUL - I don't care at all about PvP or class balance or raids or epic lootz, so the exploration focus and storyline are perfect.

Today I'm home from work thanks to a sick dog. I was looking forward to playing. I'm... surprised... that companies still do this "down for maintenance" thing. Amazon doesn't go down for maintenance, and they handle transactions taking real money in SOX-compliant ways. It's kind of disappointing to see that this is still industry standard (if it is?).

Is there anywhere to discover approximately how long the patch might take? Is this going to come back up in an hour, or is it likely closer to six hours? Or all day?

Should not take all day, maybe not even a few hours. That being said, though, downloading the update might take all day depending on your circumstances. I live in somewhat of an archaic neighborhood and only have access to horrible download/upload speeds, so I hope to play the update sometime tomorrow after it takes forever to download.
    I'm not as am as you drunk I think.
    Options
  • dawnhawk
    dawnhawk
    ✭✭✭
    Amazon isn't generally pushing 9gbs of data client side to a people with varying system requirements during their maintenance which is required in order for the client side code to talk to the server side code.

As for how long - the cheeky answer is "soon"tm. The official answer is "longer than normal" as they are making some backend (server side) changes as well that are required before that are not part of a typical maintenance and push client side code cycle.

Go give the sick puppy some extra love and spoiling.
    Options
  • WitchyWarrior
    WitchyWarrior
    ✭✭✭✭
    We are currently pushing Update 6 live to the North American megaserver. We encourage everyone to open up the game launcher now -- it will begin automatically updating to Update 6 as soon as the patch is available, before we open the megaserver. We'll have the full Update 6 patch notes up within the next hour or two.

LIES!! ALL LIES!!

Options
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL how come I got the feeling things may not be going as planned with this update. :wink:
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
    Options
  • phtony06b14_ESO
    phtony06b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    My day started at 6Am EST. By the time this thing downloads I'll probably be ready for bed. But I have tomorrow off...hahahahahahahaha.
    Options
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Takhistis wrote: »
    I'm seriously missing any official post... Kinda unexpected from this game... You'd expect a better notification than merely a post above the forums...

ITs the very first thing in the forum! what more do you want? its been there since the weekend
    Options
  • Bulldog1205
    It's happened every single time I've been online for maintenance, so it doesn't bother me anymore as I never believe it, but it's a really bad look for companies to give incorrect time estimates. 3 hours ago they said the patch notes would be up in "an hour or 2". You just *** people off when they come back and you don't have what you promised. And it's one thing if it's just an anomaly and things happened that weren't expected, but every single time the patch notes are up well after their promised time. You'd think they would learn already.
    Options
  • sirston
    sirston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spongebob-one-eternity-later.jpg?w=386&h=217
    Edited by sirston on March 3, 2015 5:24PM
    Whitestakes Revenge
    WoodElf Mag-Warden
    Sirston
    Magickia Dragonknight

T0XIC
    Pride Of The Pact
    Vehemence
    The Crimson Order

victoria aut mors
    Options
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see no word from zos. Normal maintenance until otherwise said in here.

it has said in the forum alert update six is on tuesday for a few days. who cares if dont believe them. the new forum alert system IS OFFICIAL statement.
    Options
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well am hoping this update goes through, just getting feeling if it causes big problems they may have to pull it and wait a few more days. :(
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »
    What do you think will surprise us in the patch notes (if there is any surprise)?

Balanced classes.
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »
    What do you think will surprise us in the patch notes (if there is any surprise)?

New bugs we didn't encounter on PTS?

That would be no surprise at all considering they are releasing a patch that hasn't gone through the PTS.

Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want the majority of the patch notes, just read the patch notes from PTS.

They made 4 different changes. Would much rather have them consolidate it all into one final draft.
    Options
  • MW2K
    MW2K
    ✭✭✭
    I don't seriously expect to play this game today due to the update, and you guys should lower your expectations as well. If they aren't already.
    Lighting braziers and dispelling wards in Tamriel since 1994
    Options
  • Mpcolson
    Mpcolson
    ✭✭✭
    By my clock we are 4 1/2 hours into the offline maintenance... The patch is really taking a long time to load. I wonder if the projected 8 hours to complete I read somewhere yesterday is going to prove to be true... ouch!!
    Options
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PeterRJG wrote: »

Could well be on a phone or some other device.

Considering my spare phone which is a 2010 android with 1ghz snapdragon single-core cpu can load pages like this including gif clips like that with no problem, as can my dell venue 8 pro windows 8.1 tablet... the problem isn't the gif ;).No machine from the last 5-10 years should have even the slightest issue from it unless something's broken ;).
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.