The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.3 is available.

How come Racials weren't given a pass in 1.6 ZoS?

Xsorus
Xsorus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
You basically changed 2 that I know of..

Wood Elf got a pretty good bump, but you pretty much Gutted Argonians.

This was honestly the patch to do it because you have a lot of Races with Great Racials, and a bunch with complete crap (Argonians/Nords/Khajiit/Orcs) for example.

The Argonian one is the worst though, because you took a build (Argonian Nightblades) that were completely designed around Potions, and completely removed it from the game without offering anything in return.
  • Trayyacakes
    Trayyacakes
    ✭✭✭✭
    They have made it pretty clear that they don't care about racial balance.
    Bjorn Uldnost
    Options
  • madangrypally
    madangrypally
    ✭✭✭✭

Agree. They either need to buff the weaker races passives or offer a racial change.

Another option is to give access to the other racial passives through achievements but still limit total racial passives to three. Need to make them not stack with each other either. IE: Cant add max magicka from 3 passives.

Ways to do this is to make achievements like kill 10,000 High elves. This unlocks a high elf passive due to a better understanding of high elfs anatomy.
    Do a long quest chain related to High elves to unlock another passive.
    etc.
    Options
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really think they look at the better races' passives and do not think they are out of line with some of the weaker ones. That is the only reason I see them ignoring this issue.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
    Options
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They actually gave them a pass and hardcore nerfed all resist passives except breton.....
    Options
  • Ace_SiN
    Ace_SiN
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Argonian one is the worst though, because you took a build (Argonian Nightblades) that were completely designed around Potions, and completely removed it from the game without offering anything in return.

Yea.. Tell me about it.. I've been an argonian nb since beta and they completely destroyed us with this patch. It was the only niche my race had and now we really are completely useless. I still love my argonian, but ZOS has forced my hand and so I've started leveling an alt.
    King of Beasts

Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ace_SiN wrote: »

Yea.. Tell me about it.. I've been an argonian nb since beta and they completely destroyed us with this patch. It was the only niche my race had and now we really are completely useless. I still love my argonian, but ZOS has forced my hand and so I've started leveling an alt.

Yeap, entire reason I rolled Argonian over other races is because of its Potion Effectiveness...whole reason I chose Nightblade with it.

For them to come a long and yoink that away is incredibly annoying..esp without offering a Race change..or giving me something at least equal to what I had before....
    Options
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    Didn't they change the potion passives on Argonians and Nighblades simply because of the overall changes to potions anyways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKGqKcdD5BY

Yes, this means that basically everyone can do what you were doing with your specialized build.
    Options
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheuib wrote: »
    Didn't they change the potion passives on Argonians and Nighblades simply because of the overall changes to potions anyways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKGqKcdD5BY

Yes, this means that basically everyone can do what you were doing with your specialized build.

This is correct. Please see my post for a complete discussion of all changes/issues related to potions in 1.6.

Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well argonians are completely useless now:(
    Options
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    Well argonians are completely useless now:(
    Replacing my argonian with an imperial then.
    Options