Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Sorcerer - Stackable AoE - reported in 1.6.1 and still works (Video)

Alcast
Alcast
Class Representative
@Halfbadger found a bug on PTS 1.6.1 while testing. We both bug-reported it back then. Thanks to Geert for helping us out ;)

In 1.6.4 we tested it again and the bug still exists. Seems The bug is not High Priority and the bug will surely not mess up Leaderboards (LoL)
If it is not a bug than it is time to reroll sorc for sure.

PsMaz7D.jpg

http://youtu.be/a5v2-SUg_j8

Catherine pts had 72CP and swag-sorc-op-yolo had 3,6kCP.
1QNerta.png

Have fun and lets hope that bug is fixed before the patch goes live.
https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• halfbadger
    halfbadger
    ✭✭✭
    inb4 20 sorcs come in here and complain
    Options
  • jarydf
    jarydf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Love the rave video. LOL
    Options
  • Feynn
    Feynn
    ✭✭✭
    I am crossing my fingers and hoping this might not be a bug. After all, they did seem to imply that Liquid Lightning was the answer to all Sorc problems, didn't they?
    Join us on Stormhaven RP! The largest TESO roleplay community of the Daggerfall Covenant, EU Megaserver.
    Options
  • Exstazik
    Exstazik
    ✭✭✭✭
    it's stackable only on big range.
    *Also heavy atack from 1h+shield has ~8-9m range :D
    Edited by Exstazik on March 1, 2015 2:48AM
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feynn wrote: »
    I am crossing my fingers and hoping this might not be a bug. After all, they did seem to imply that Liquid Lightning was the answer to all Sorc problems, didn't they?

:|

Seriously?
    Options
  • Kingdinguhling
    Kingdinguhling
    ✭✭✭
    so is the problem that it stacks with it self from the same Sorcerer? or that it stacks with other Sorcerers Liquid Lightning?

Or Both?

from the video it looks like it is doing both but I'm not sure. And does it do this everywhere?
    Options
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    <Logs back in to level up Liquid Lightning just in case>
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
    Options
  • Nightreaver
    Nightreaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not a bug.
    It's working as (I) intended. :)
    If they ever create a Legendary recipe it better contain bacon as one of the ingredients. I'm just sayin'.
    Options
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    multiple casts from one caster stacking is definitely a bug that should be fixed.

Casts of two different characters stacking is as intended.

in the video it does visually look like its stacking more than just 2 times....

I would love that this kind of stacking is intended behavior tho... as a 7 day early release Sorcerer player.

but it doesn't make sense balance wise.
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
    Options
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I suggest you delete this thread because it is against the terms of service to troll for insightfuls.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
    Options
  • Radixo
    Radixo
    Yes, this is a serious bug and once you know how to reproduce it is not hard to repeat. Was able to figure it out in 5 minutes after watching the video. Won't tell how so less people exploit this, but someone who wants to will figure it out. Also making a bug public is a good way to draw attention to it and get it fixed. And people who think this works as intended are crazy, with this you are able to spam a skill which does 20k+ dmg per cast. You won't be able to do this on every boss, but on most.
    Options
  • Exstazik
    Exstazik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Radixo wrote: »
    Yes, this is a serious bug and once you know how to reproduce it is not hard to repeat. Was able to figure it out in 5 minutes after watching the video. Won't tell how so less people exploit this, but someone who wants to will figure it out. Also making a bug public is a good way to draw attention to it and get it fixed. And people who think this works as intended are crazy, with this you are able to spam a skill which does 20k+ dmg per cast. You won't be able to do this on every boss, but on most.
    wreckling blow 15k_dmg per cast all is fair ;)
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Exstazik wrote: »

Well Wblow is pure single target. This is AoE. We will see artillery Sorcs in 1.6 if it does not get fixed lol

Options
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »

Well Wblow is pure single target. This is AoE. We will see artillery Sorcs in 1.6 if it does not get fixed lol

and? the ae component only matters against trashmobs and against them its impossible to make it work due to the mechanic required. so that part is a non issue. the high magica cost limit its usage against bosses as seen in the vid as the DPS will drop significantly below values lower than e.g. 2h builds when fights start to last longer than 20-30seconds.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Tankqull wrote: »

and? the ae component only matters against trashmobs and against them its impossible to make it work due to the mechanic required. so that part is a non issue. the high magica cost limit its usage against bosses as seen in the vid as the DPS will drop significantly below values lower than e.g. 2h builds when fights start to last longer than 20-30seconds.

The only reason i run out in 20 sec was bc i do not have the right gear and did not have the right glpyhs on jewelry. I can make that work 1min pretty sure. And yes, 200k AOE dps on trashmobs for example in SO does not matter right? >.> But well w/e. If it doesnt get fixed it will be exploited hard.

Options
  • Exstazik
    Exstazik
    ✭✭✭✭

Why not? :D ZOS wanted make sorc best caster....so mb it's working as indeed? o:)

Options
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The only reason i run out in 20 sec was bc i do not have the right gear and did not have the right glpyhs on jewelry. I can make that work 1min pretty sure. And yes, 200k AOE dps on trashmobs for example in SO does not matter right? >.> But well w/e. If it doesnt get fixed it will be exploited hard.

first you have a rampuptime, second good luck trying to keep them in that area.

another thing can you test ash cloud if it has the same issues?
    it probably now uses the same code as LL and an additional 70% snare while lasting 80% longer with 40% bigger area of effect - will dish out even more dmg and will be an issue in terms of ae destroying trash as it will be much easier to keep them in it.

Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative

it probably now uses the same code as LL and an additional 70% snare while lasting 80% longer with 40% bigger area of effect - will dish out even more dmg and will be an issue in terms of ae destroying trash as it will be much easier to keep them in it.

We tested almost all ranged skills and it only works with Liquid Lightning. It needs to be ranged otherwise it does not work.

Options
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well then suddenly sorc comes viable in everything if this goes live, even in speed trials, since mobs will get nuked faster with them than not having them :))
    Options
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We tested almost all ranged skills and it only works with Liquid Lightning. It needs to be ranged otherwise it does not work.

ash cloud is a ranged gtae - thats why i asked.

Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative

hmm sec i will check it

Options
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

hmm sec i will check it

its exactly the same ability as liquid lightning + 50% bigger area [78 instead of LL 50m²] of effect, 70% snare and 80% longer duration...
    Edited by Tankqull on March 1, 2015 12:39PM

Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative

Nope, doesnt work, It must be smth they have changed with the Liquid Lightning and maybe they forgot to add a limit or i really dunno.

Options
  • Erlex
    Erlex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /applaud Just want to take a moment to thank @Alcast and @Halfbadger for doing all the PTS work that needed to be done. Make sure you check out their DPS reports on Tamrielfoudnry.com if you haven't already!
    World First Hel Ra / AA clear
    Officer of Entropy Rising
    Defender of the Chalamo
    Beta tester since March 2013
    I stream everything twitch.tv/erlexx
    Options
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Too lazy to brain today, but how limited is the bug and how easy is it to pull off?

Will Sorcerers be stacking Liquid in PvP to quick-wipe people at breaches?
    If someone casts purge does it explode like Wall did?
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
    Options
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In PvP it's even easier to use than in PvE. I haven't tried if you can purge it, but even if it's not purged many people will die while running through.
    Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In PvP it's even easier to use than in PvE. I haven't tried if you can purge it, but even if it's not purged many people will die while running through.

I can imagine and it's rediculous, needs to be fixed.

Of course it would be nice if Lightning Flood actually became a viable AoE for PvP as intended... :sunglasses: .
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options
  • Reykice
    Reykice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL let`s be fair they won`t let this go to live unless they really don`t care about the game or their players and so on....

I just don`t think it made it in 1.6.4 but yea...

Even IF it makes it to live, i remember Blizzard hot fixing things like this in hours, since its ZENIMAX it may take them up to a day but it should get fixed. Lame if it makes it to live anyway.

In the small chance it does make it to live i expect articles about 1.6 to mention it along with the fact that Zenimax doesn`t care about critical bugs.... i already pointed it out to a mate who works for a gaming website in my country and while he said they might not do a 1.6 article, he`ll make sure its mentioned. Even more funny since the game has leader boards....

Anyway, they get to decide how much they care about it.
    Options
  • Tanis-Stormbinder
    Tanis-Stormbinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL I hope they leave it as is
    Options
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL I hope they leave it as is

Really?
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine