The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Add NPC children!

• Wicked_Wolf
    Wicked_Wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    "I work with my mother, to sell fruits and vegatbles..."

LEAVE ME ALONE CHILD!!!
    Options
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    If you're going flat out for immersion, you should be campaigning for toilets before children. There aren't even any holes in the ground, and I've yet to see a single NPC go behind a tree.

I assumed that's what all those empty pots sitting around were for. The streets probably smell pretty ripe from people dumping out the contents of those pots.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
    Options
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slurg wrote: »
    If you're going flat out for immersion, you should be campaigning for toilets before children. There aren't even any holes in the ground, and I've yet to see a single NPC go behind a tree.

I assumed that's what all those empty pots sitting around were for. The streets probably smell pretty ripe from people dumping out the contents of those pots.

You can also steal chamber pots from people in the justice system. Toilet mystery - solved. So back to adding children then?
    Edited by BBSooner on February 26, 2015 9:12PM
    Options
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BBSooner wrote: »
    Slurg wrote: »

You can also steel chamber pots from people in the justice system. Toilet mystery - solved. So back to adding children then?
    Unless there are strong objections based on modern hygiene standards, which in my opinion do not matter since chamber pots are clearly lore friendly, I believe this barrier to implementing children in the game is removed.

Perhaps children could be added with a toggle on/off feature to appease those who strongly object.

Or as DLC content.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
    Options
  • Heruthema
    Heruthema
    ✭✭✭✭
    Look there is so much they need to work and children is not one of them. Give me new content, new places, new quests, fix the bugs that have been around forever. Get rid of lag, improve PvP, etc, etc, etc. Please don't crowd their plate with unwanted/unneeded stuff.
    Edited by Heruthema on February 26, 2015 11:31PM
    Options
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »
    The children are missing for a reason, no new births/souls in the ESO 'world' for the last 15 years. Or did I read the lore wrong on this?

This is interesting to consider, is this a result of the Soulburst and Molag Bal harvesting souls?
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
    Options
  • Gokmak
    Gokmak
    ✭✭✭
    When you pickpocket a child, do you get gummy bears?
    Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gokmak wrote: »
    When you pickpocket a child, do you get gummy bears?
    This is Tamriel! Sweetrolls, or go bust! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Personally I assume all NPCs heard player characters were coming to Tamriel, and quickly hid away all their kids in secret cellars... ;)

Kidding aside, I still think it would be good to have some children around for immersion purposes and where it makes sense during questlines. Wouldn't care iof they got unkillable through dodge/run mechanic; I actually liked that idea a lot... all kids run off as soon as someone draws a weapon, that works in both regards...
    Options
  • wOOOOt_of_SD
    wOOOOt_of_SD
    ✭✭✭
    I dont care - but fix game issues first please!
    Options
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please no! Unless they can be killed and looted.

"What's the matter? Someone stole your sweetroll?"
    Options
  • supernico
    supernico
    ✭✭✭
    1415057661041.png
    Supernico - VR14 DragonKnight - Daggerfall Covenant - Former Emperor

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.
    Options