The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Add NPC children!

• Ocelo
    Ocelo
    ✭✭
    Unkillable npc kids will be great specially for inmersion, lets hope they got implemented in ESO. :)
    A solo player that doesn't mind some help.
    ---
    • Ocelo - Khajiit Templar - V14
    • Eats-Many-Flies- Argonian Nightblade - Lvl 11
    • Janah Alghurab - Redguard Sorcerer - Lvl 4
    • Urok gro-Gargush - Orsimer Dragonkknight - Lvl 3
    • Ulfgard Arm-Crusher - Nord Templar - Mule
    Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    I saw just have children RUN if someone whips out a weapon around them or attacks them... make them invincible by making them little escape artists.
    ...that is actually a pretty neat idea! Avoids the whole "slain kids" issue, AND doesn't mess with our immersion by having little immortals around. Add a "dodge" animation for any initial attack, and have then run off like scared cats right after... count me in agreement!

Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
    Options
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ocelo wrote: »
    Killable npc kids will be great specially for inmersion, lets hope they got implemented in ESO. :)

I agree. But i fixed one word. There is no reason the should be unkillable. I don't understand some people. They murder cattle, people and rob houses clean and probably want to see boobs. But when i virtual kid can me killed it's a nono.

In AoC kids run around towns and really adds immersion. But when justice system is there i should be able to kill them. There could even be quests of evil children vampires we have to slay and burn.

Also add wolves puppies we can slay please.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
    Options
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are several posters in this thread that illustrate very clearly why ZOS won't do it.

There are kids in several games I play, notably WOW but also FFXI and FFXIV, and their being invulnerable is hardly 'immersion breaking' to me.

What I find immersion breaking in this game is the number of pre-teen players in the game who presumably get a 'thrill' with their female characters running around in their underwear: sadly I can't kill those.
    Edited by Kragorn on February 26, 2015 8:04AM
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are cradles in this world and toys so where are all the children ....?

This one would not mind a little Khajiit 'apprentice' as a 'pet'. Take your kitten to work day sort of thing.

If NPC followers are implementable (and I hope they do that) then children could be added in a similar way. Don't want them around? Then your backpack is your babysitter.
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    Options
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really a lot to explain here, add NPC children. It would make the world look more alive and it would open p some new quest ideas. Save little Timmy from the well type stuff. Honestly it's weird how EVERYONE in this world is between the ages of 20-60.

... or dead...
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
    Options
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to see children in the game as all they would do is follow me around pointing and laughing at me....
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
    Options
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dekkameron wrote: »
    I don't want to see children in the game as all they would do is follow me around pointing and laughing at me....

You must be speaking from experience there? ;)

@Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
    Options
  • Dreizopf
    Dreizopf
    ✭✭✭
    There are going to be invincible NPCs so no matter how you slice it there will be immersion breaking. Go on, try and assassinate the King/Queen, etc... go try and slay quest givers.

OOOOH there goes your immersion..... there will be no way to kill Merrick or assault the Groundskeeper XD.... ahhh the immersion is broken!!!!

Get a grip people. Obviously if they added children to the game they would make them invincible whether you cry immersion breaking or not. No matter what you say, there will be unkillable NPCs. It's an MMO. Get over it.

There are still NPCs which are not targetable, not attackable, not killable. NPC children can be build in the same way. And if Zenimax will script them, so that they run away of fighting, hide behind the unkillable merchants, etc. hide into locked houses, disappear behind the next tree or bush. So what, immersion will be great and the possiblity to offend someone is null.

A world without children is hard to believe in.
    "Grandma has been a little child, has been in a school like me?" little John asked. Mother said: "Yes, nobody is born old." ;)
    Edited by Dreizopf on February 26, 2015 1:50PM
    Man sollte sagen, was man meint. Wenn man nicht sagt, was man meint, dann meint man nicht, was man sagt.
    You should say what you are meaning. If you don't say what you are meaning, you don't mean what you are saying.
    (Wittgenstein, "Lycidas", Christoph Marzi)
    Options
  • Mathius_Mordred
    Mathius_Mordred
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    I don't understand some people. They murder cattle, people and rob houses clean and probably want to see boobs. But when i virtual kid can me killed it's a nono.

Because it's taboo, you cannot compare the slaughter of cattle to the slaughter of children and if you really think there is no difference then you are either a 12 year old, a troll or a psycho.
    Also add wolves puppies we can slay please.

Now I know you're trolling.

Yes of course add kids, same mechanic as Skyrim.
    Skyrim Red Shirts. Join us at https://skyrimredshirts.co.ukJoin Skyrim Red Shirts. We welcome all, from new players to Vets. A mature drama free social group enjoying PVE questing, Dungeons, trials and arenas. Web, FB Group & Discord. Guild Hall, trial dummy, crafting, transmutation, banker & merchant. You may invite your friends. No requirements
    Options
  • Seraphyel
    Seraphyel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Children of 9, 10, 11 different races? That's too much work in Zenimax eyes for "fluff".

It's just totally illogical to not have children. Are all habitants of Tamriel born as adults?
    Edited by Seraphyel on February 26, 2015 3:00PM
    Options
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly won't happen OP because there is always that one loon who starts a "Think about the children!" (and is dead serious) campaign and start saying everyone is a monster and should be thrown in jail, etc.

Honestly, I'd see nothing wrong with pickpocketing ESO children, or have children run away into a building, etc. when danger is around....but yeah, sadly too many people think pixels are real.
    Edited by Zershar_Vemod on February 26, 2015 3:01PM
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
    Options
  • Seraphyel
    Seraphyel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand some people. They murder cattle, people and rob houses clean and probably want to see boobs. But when i virtual kid can me killed it's a nono.

Because it's taboo, you cannot compare the slaughter of cattle to the slaughter of children and if you really think there is no difference then you are either a 12 year old, a troll or a psycho.

Slaughter of VIRTUAL children. That's what he said.
    Options
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure. Add children. Make 'em invulnerable since we already have NPCs like that. Be done with it.
    Options
  • Mathius_Mordred
    Mathius_Mordred
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphyel wrote: »

Slaughter of VIRTUAL children. That's what he said.

It's irrelevant whether they are virtual or otherwise. The idea of killing children is repulsive in most cultures, if they do die in films it's almost never shown, even in books it's rare. Virtual games are worse than films in that the film maker has control and context, here in a virtual world without that control you would have trolls running around hacking to death every child they could see. It would be sickening, it would bring the game into disrepute and would generate all the wrong kind of publicity as well as possibly feeding the psychotic desires of certain disturbed people.

Serial killers often start off at a young age being cruel and sadistic to animals before graduating to people, often deeply disturbing films and literature help them rationalise and transcend cultural taboos to the point where they actually believe they have the right to end a child's life, or anyone's life. An interactive environment where these disturbed individuals could freely gorge themselves on their sadistic whims would not be healthy therapy for them or anyone else. I for one would wipe this game from my hard drive if they went down this route.
    Skyrim Red Shirts. Join us at https://skyrimredshirts.co.ukJoin Skyrim Red Shirts. We welcome all, from new players to Vets. A mature drama free social group enjoying PVE questing, Dungeons, trials and arenas. Web, FB Group & Discord. Guild Hall, trial dummy, crafting, transmutation, banker & merchant. You may invite your friends. No requirements
    Options
  • Seraphyel
    Seraphyel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's irrelevant whether they are virtual or otherwise. The idea of killing children is repulsive in most cultures, if they do die in films it's almost never shown, even in books it's rare. Virtual games are worse than films in that the film maker has control and context, here in a virtual world without that control you would have trolls running around hacking to death every child they could see. It would be sickening, it would bring the game into disrepute and would generate all the wrong kind of publicity as well as possibly feeding the psychotic desires of certain disturbed people.

Serial killers often start off at a young age being cruel and sadistic to animals before graduating to people, often deeply disturbing films and literature help them rationalise and transcend cultural taboos to the point where they actually believe they have the right to end a child's life, or anyone's life. An interactive environment where these disturbed individuals could freely gorge themselves on their sadistic whims would not be healthy therapy for them or anyone else. I for one would wipe this game from my hard drive if they went down this route.

No, it's not irrelevant. Virtual children are virtual children like virtual men are virtual men. There is absolutely no difference. Flaying humans in ESO is okay, but to have there children isn't, because they could be harmed? That's illogical.

I don't know if you've got some of the totally delusional American morals or if you just exaggerate, but I guess first.

Edited by Seraphyel on February 26, 2015 3:24PM
    Options
  • Mathius_Mordred
    Mathius_Mordred
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, it's not irrelevant. Virtual children are virtual children like virtual men are virtual men. There is absolutely no difference. Flaying humans in ESO is okay, but to have there children isn't, because they could be harmed? That's illogical.

I don't know if you've got some of the totally delusional American morals or if you just exaggerate, but I guess first.

Well you gave it at least 30 seconds of consideration, thanks for that LOL. Secondly I'm British not American, thirdly I'm probably old enough to be your grandfather and fourthly you're wrong, I'm right.

Options
  • Heruthema
    Heruthema
    ✭✭✭✭
    As much as I hate the people that tell players to go play Skyrim if they don't like to group, I am going to join that crowd now. If you want children GO PLAY SKYRIM.
    It has been very refreshing to NOT have a bunch of annoying, in your way, NPC's like in Skyrim. It was one of a very few things I did not like about the game.
    So again JUST SAY NO TO KIDS in this MMO.
    Options
  • Seraphyel
    Seraphyel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...and fourthly you're wrong, I'm right.

Stay delusional with your morals, it won't bother people like me who despise bigotry, hypocrisy and double moral standards.

This is foremost a video game, no psychological study or a playground for madmans. And it's immersion to have kids in a video game. They can be intouchable, but they should be there.
    Edited by Seraphyel on February 26, 2015 3:42PM
    Options
  • Mathius_Mordred
    Mathius_Mordred
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...and fourthly you're wrong, I'm right.

Stay delusional with your morals, it won't bother people like me who despise bigotry, hypocrisy and double moral standards.

This is foremost a video game, no psychological study or a playground for madmans. And it's immersion to have kids in a video game. They can be intouchable, but they should be there.

I already said the same thing, yes of course kids should be in the game, and obviously they should not be targetable. I can see from the way you write you are not a native English speaker so perhaps there has been some misunderstandings?

Options
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heruthema wrote: »
    As much as I hate the people that tell players to go play Skyrim if they don't like to group, I am going to join that crowd now. If you want children GO PLAY SKYRIM.
    It has been very refreshing to NOT have a bunch of annoying, in your way, NPC's like in Skyrim. It was one of a very few things I did not like about the game.
    So again JUST SAY NO TO KIDS in this MMO.

IMO people bumped in to NPCs a lot more in Skyrim because the towns were really small. Luckily since cities generally have some size to them in ESO I have yet to really get bogged down by NPCs in ESO, I doubt a few children in each town would cause an immovable wall of NPCs.
    Options
  • brandon.coker101_ESO
    Why just children? If you're going to do that then make whole families walking together and whatnot in town.

But just kids? No...that just seems strange imo.
    Options
  • Seraphyel
    Seraphyel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why just children? If you're going to do that then make whole families walking together and whatnot in town.

So you think it's less strange just having adults?
    Options
  • brandon.coker101_ESO

So you think it's less strange just having adults?

No, I think asking just for children seems strange. If you're wanting a more realistic world children is just one of many things that could be added. But I don't think just adding kids in the world would make any significant difference.
    Options
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ideally they'd add a whole range: babies, children, and elderly with the generally regarded "adults" we have now as the vast majority of the population. They'd be protected NPCs - which shouldn't impede gameplay since they're the minority anyway.
    Options
  • Vegaroth
    Vegaroth
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/774/?
    Killable Children by Xylozi
    9,383 ENDORSEMENTS
    252,567 UNIQUE D/LS
    403,056 TOTAL D/LS
    1,001,282 TOTAL VIEWS

There should be a reason have those numbers... children in this kind of game ends being annoying creatures. So no childrens on ESO (waste of resources than better be used on more important stuff) and if ZOS decide to implement them, then at least make them killable.
    Options
  • HallowScythe
    HallowScythe
    ✭✭
    keep this thread alive. id love to see how it goes
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having invincible children isn't about logic. Is about taste.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're going flat out for immersion, you should be campaigning for toilets before children. There aren't even any holes in the ground, and I've yet to see a single NPC go behind a tree.
    Options