The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Logging In Requesting Character Load

Tors
Tors
✭✭✭✭✭
As the title alludes to.

I am unable to consistently log into EOS from the character select. I get to watch the message "Requesting Character Load" for as long as i leave the PC turned on.

Deleting ZO_etc etc from saved variables seems to clear things, maybe one time in 20.

If I manage to get into the game, then when it crashes, I am am back to square 1, Actually its worse, because now I cant log in and may be in the middle of a party or something group related.

How do I fix this?
Better late Than Pregnant....
The shadow cabinet, a group of people who pretend to have jobs they do not actually have

EU PC - Azura's Star
Decimation Elite - Raid Jester
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Tors,

We most commonly see this occur for two reasons.
    • The first reason is if you're on a non-static IP address. If you are on a dynamic IP, we recommend contacting your ISP to see if you can get set up on a static IP address.
    • This can also occur if the proper ports are not forwarded from your router. Here are the specific ports for ESO:

•TCP / UDP Ports 24100 through 24131
    •TCP / UDP Ports 24300 through 24331
    •TCP / UDP Ports 24500 through 24507

If these steps don't help, please reach out to customer support with a game consultant file included. They'll be able to assist you with the connection issues you're experiencing!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Tors
    Tors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok,

my help from the support ended with the mtelling me my Video card was not high enough spec.

This could be true, but does not explain why I was able to logon with a different connection elsewhere. However an HD 300 is a crap video card, so it is logically possible that the game was timing out while loading video.

After buying a decent I7 with 16 gb ram and twin decent video cards I was getting the same issues.

Ive been working in IT for the last 20 years, so when I thougrht about using some proxy service I kinda smacked my face on the keyboard for an hour till I felt I had been punished enough.

Battleping costs 3 quid for a month, sorted my problems out instantly. No more deleting zo blah blah (which i feel only works because of user perception, its a placebo) I can log in everytime and I can zone every time. I also seem to survice the massive lagspikes when the yellows or blues do their best to lag the servers (this is when everyone else gets booted)

If you are having "Requesting Character Load" try them, google battleping elder scrolls and give the free 20 mins version a try.

Worked for me and if it works for you you dont need to punish yourself nor buy a second pc which you need to hide from the wife or give away when you finish the contract keeping you away from home.
    Better late Than Pregnant....
    The shadow cabinet, a group of people who pretend to have jobs they do not actually have

EU PC - Azura's Star
    Decimation Elite - Raid Jester