The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Fog question

abuniffpreub18_ESO
abuniffpreub18_ESO
✭✭✭
HI
First off I have two accounts. I have the Imperial Collector's Edition that I have been using since day one. I recently bought the regular imperial edition with the explorer's add on. I use that one to test different builds etc.

When I go to Ezduiin in Auridon with any of my characters on the collector's edition everything is fine, nice and clear, no fog.
When I go there with the regular imperial edition it's always foggy and usually stormy. There is a layer of fog about 15 to 20 feet high, everything above that is clear.

Is there a setting somewhere I missed to turn the fog off ?.

• Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Particle effects . Double check them in video settings
  • abuniffpreub18_ESO
    abuniffpreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't see particle effects but there is particle suppression distance. The video settings on both accounts are identical.
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This seems bizarre.

Is this on the same PC? Same game install?
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I do know weather changes are instanced so not every player sees the same weather in every zone . There is a slide bar to increase the amount of particles seen but it has to be on higher graphics settings to use .
    Edited by Roechacca on February 23, 2015 2:06PM
  • abuniffpreub18_ESO
    abuniffpreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Kragorn yes, same pc same install.

roechacca no matter who I take there on the second account the weather never changes. All my graphics are on high or ultra. I tried both particle sliders, logged out and back in and no change. It's not a game changer, I can see everything ok but I would just like to get rid of the fog.

Maybe 1.6 will fix it.

Thank for the responses guys
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @abuniffpreub18_ESO,

Can you please post some screenshots of the area on each account?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • abuniffpreub18_ESO
    abuniffpreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Here you go. First shot is from the collectors edition and the second is from the Imperial edition I bought about January 1st.

If you want I'll post another taken during the daytime, it shows the fog better.

if4dk1klgj6m.png

rg5qy6wua4tr.png

• ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you're playing on the same server, the user settings should be the exact same.

Have you completed the Ezduiin quests on both of the characters?
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • abuniffpreub18_ESO
    abuniffpreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_GaryA wrote: »

If you're playing on the same server, the user settings should be the exact same.

Have you completed the Ezduiin quests on both of the characters?

Playing on the same server and the video settings are the same on both accounts.

I've completed the quests on both accounts with all my characters, the fog and the lightning never goes away no matter when I go there.
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe fog is a perk ?
  • abuniffpreub18_ESO
    abuniffpreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Some daylight shots. Tried to get some lightning in the last shot but I kept missing the flashes. Notice how the fog is in a band about 15 or 20 ft. high.

jt5jo4biw6p6.png

f1sn1dpt2yc3.png

seis02kysd2l.png

• abuniffpreub18_ESO
    abuniffpreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    roechacca wrote: »
    Maybe fog is a perk ?

Maybe I could trade the fog for the tiger mount :). I know I'm getting one on my main account, would be nice to have one on this one too.

And ZOS-GaryA if you can come to Florida I'll let you see the fog firsthand :).
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    roechacca wrote: »
    Maybe fog is a perk ?

Maybe I could trade the fog for the tiger mount :). I know I'm getting one on my main account, would be nice to have one on this one too.

And ZOS-GaryA if you can come to Florida I'll let you see the fog firsthand :).

Lol Good luck with that ! But this whole thing is so weird . I'm still wondering why different editions would do this .
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @abuniffpreub18_ESO considering snowpocalypse just happened, traveling to Florida isn't an entirely unwelcome idea :P.

That said, we'll take a look at the fog and let you know what we come up with!
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Quest completion seems to be the differing factor for us. We conducted some experiments and found similar results to your own. (No changes in usersettings or anything, same client, same server, screenshots were taken ~5 minutes apart)

A character who has not completed any Auridon quests:
    76guud03u5aw.png

Vs a character that has completed all of the Auridon quests:

istqv7d8lt91.png

Try completing the quests in Ezduiin and the surrounding areas and let us know if you notice any changes to the environment :).
    Edited by ZOS_GaryA on February 25, 2015 3:10PM
    Staff Post
  • abuniffpreub18_ESO
    abuniffpreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, problem solved. I finished a quest I had there and went into the Undercroft and killed the guys there. After I turned in the quest and went back to that spot, no more fog. I can't remember this happening before on my main account.

Thanks for all the help guys. very much appreciated.

r5x4ic707j5e.png
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome, glad to hear it's all cleared up @abuniffpreub18_ESO!
    pun intended
    Staff Post