The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

DC on Blackwater Blade (Feb 21st to Feb 25th)

tinythinker
tinythinker
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello! There has been some negativity about PvP as a player/character fighting for the Daggerfall Covenant in game and on the forums. If you pay attention to such things, you've read or heard about how DC is regularly underpopulated, how squabbles among guild and group leaders have left many players frustrated, bitter, or jaded, and so on. There have been calls to have people roll or re-roll as DC to have more of a challenge in PvP, for players who are bored to roll DC and for that those who aren't interested in re-rolling who still want to have more competition. That is, to help with population issues on the Alliance War campaigns.

Much of it kind of sounds depressing. But not in this thread. DC is currently winning on Black Blade.

I've been playing DC for over two weeks, and on Blackwater Blade since level 12 for two and a half campaign cycles (or two weeks as of today). Except when a lot of players for AD or EP come on to zerg for an Emp push, the competition there is pretty fun even though DC still has trouble at times maintaining (and especially exceeding) two bars while EP and AD regularly get two and even three bars. Yet as day three of the current campaign cycle dawns in North America, DC has the lead in scoring and has been at the top since late Saturday/early Sunday. This happened despite a successful AD Emp run on Saturday that saw all but Rayles and Warden capped (we held that line) and a strong EP Emp last night in which 50+ steamrolled from Chalman to Bleakers, detoured to Dragonclaw, the rolled over Aleswell. They weren't stopped until a long bloody siege at Roe in which EP rushed the top of the keep in force many times but were repelled.

Still, anyone familiar with Alliance War campaign cycles knows that as the clock starts to count down to the final days and hours there is a strong push back against the leading faction. DC had second place and threatened for first on the final day of the last cycle and got hammered hard by both AD and DC. The same players then saw AD Emp the next day as the new cycle started. Yet they have kept fighting and are once again in a position to win. It has been lots of fun and DC will keep battling to the last minute of the current competition.

If you have or roll a non-vet Covenant character log in to Blackwater Blade today through late Wednesday/overnight into Thursday to watch us fight for the prize or, if you feel like it, pitch in to help hold the score. If you want a fun PvP challenge where you won't see constant spamming of Impulse/Bats/Wall of Elements or if you are worried about/bored by issues of population balance, hop on (or quickly roll) your non-vet DC and join the fight. And to all the people on DC characters who have been participating in the last few campaigns cycles, thank you so much. Haven't enjoyed PvP this much since sometime last summer.

Edited by tinythinker on February 23, 2015 1:29PM
Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
(And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • jcneto
    jcneto
    They weren't stopped until a long bloody siege at Roe in which EP rushed the top of the keep in force many times but were repelled.

I was there, helping hold the lines. Boy that was fun! They rushed the top with 10+ players for 3 or 4 times and we kept the thing alive.

Thanks for recruiting people to our side!

I second this, Blackwater DC side is where the fun is!
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad Blackwater is having a better balanced diet lately, when I got Emperor way back when EP held the map, and had held the map for like three weeks, DC had legitimately no population, like eight people during prime time and AD was running around in multiple groups. Last week of the campaign DiG gets on and pushes EP hard, I contact my DC friend and get him to cut off Aleswell so AD can take Ash, after that siege, which lasted well over two hours, AD mostly rolled over the rest of the EP keeps and poof.

Then once we got Emperor I dropped my group of me and two friends, joined DiG's group, and proceeded to steamroll EP the rest of the way to their gates, steal their scrolls, and give DC back one of their scrolls as a thank you for the help at Ash. :smile:
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »
    I'm glad Blackwater is having a better balanced diet lately, when I got Emperor way back when EP held the map, and had held the map for like three weeks, DC had legitimately no population, like eight people during prime time and AD was running around in multiple groups. Last week of the campaign DiG gets on and pushes EP hard, I contact my DC friend and get him to cut off Aleswell so AD can take Ash, after that siege, which lasted well over two hours, AD mostly rolled over the rest of the EP keeps and poof.

Then once we got Emperor I dropped my group of me and two friends, joined DiG's group, and proceeded to steamroll EP the rest of the way to their gates, steal their scrolls, and give DC back one of their scrolls as a thank you for the help at Ash. :smile:

@Panda244 When are you coming back? My AD Sorc is level 37, my friends' is 43 and Swampy's Templar is like 42 or something. With you, we'd own BWB! /cry misses Panda
    Edited by Psilent on February 23, 2015 5:26PM
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psilent wrote: »

@Panda244 When are you coming back? My AD Sorc is level 37, my friends' is 43 and Swampy's Templar is like 42 or something. With you, we'd own BWB! /cry misses Panda
    @Psilent I dunno man, a week minimum, two maximum. Definitely after 1.6 launches so your characters will probably already be veteran one :cry:
    As for owning Blackwater, I left behind a glitched keep after my Emperor-ship that was claimed by "The Imperatus Dynasty" back when Crassus's last name wasn't changed. EP owned it, but it was claimed by me, stayed like that for almost a month before it fixed itself and I disbanded the guild. So I do own Blackwater. I think I'm either going to make an Ebonheart Dragonknight or a Aldmeri Templar and get them to 20ish leveling then hop in Blackwater again.
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• Ryuuhime
    Ryuuhime
    ✭✭✭
    It's funny how you guys are talking about NA Blackwater but it could totally be about EU too! I rolled DC some days ago, because of their lower population compared to EP (some nights ago EP had an emp run of 35 reds vs some 4-6 DC players on the last keep, which was what finally made me go DC) but two days later DC gets emperorship for the first time in over 5 months (if my memory doesn't fail me).

I remember some months ago reds even going to Warden (and sometimes even the High Rock gate) just to farm blue ap... now their population is a lot higher so they can compete with EP.

They have gained more people, but I'm still going to stick with DC for now. :wink:
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Psilent I dunno man, a week minimum, two maximum. Definitely after 1.6 launches so your characters will probably already be veteran one :cry:
    As for owning Blackwater, I left behind a glitched keep after my Emperor-ship that was claimed by "The Imperatus Dynasty" back when Crassus's last name wasn't changed. EP owned it, but it was claimed by me, stayed like that for almost a month before it fixed itself and I disbanded the guild. So I do own Blackwater. I think I'm either going to make an Ebonheart Dragonknight or a Aldmeri Templar and get them to 20ish leveling then hop in Blackwater again.

Blackwater clearly belongs to me. First EP emp reporting in.

(interesting piece of trivia - I have been number 1 on the boards, in emp eligibility, on two different characters eight different times since my reign, not once has the ring flipped, i sense a trend.)
    Edited by Rylana on February 24, 2015 1:10PM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »

(interesting piece of trivia - I have been number 1 on the boards, in emp eligibility, on two different characters eight different times since my reign, not once has the ring flipped, i sense a trend.)
    I'd give you an LOL, but since Zenimax took them away... I can't feed the troll... @Rylana WHAT DO WE DO?!?! :worried:

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Get some sun light sounds like you need it!
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A very large group of EP logged on in the early morning hours North American time. They couldn't get the two main DC scroll keeps but EP did get Emp. Score is still close enough to be competitive if enough folks with non-vet DC characters log on tonight. Hope to see you there!
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zCHCL5C.gif

tumblr_ml1sywYj611qd1ubro5_500.gif
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I just logged in and checked out the overall leaderboards.

Holy even campaign batman, when did this happen? DC actually has as much pop as EP now, AD is the small one XD
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I just logged in and checked out the overall leaderboards.

Holy even campaign batman, when did this happen? DC actually has as much pop as EP now, AD is the small one XD

Good, death to bananas everywhere...

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #DCfolyfyoloswag420fojesus
    Edited by KBKB on February 25, 2015 6:44AM
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KBKB wrote: »
    #Aldmeri4LifeDC4WifePact4Crack

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fix your computer and come farm AP with me! ;)

AD side last night was quiet; only 1 bar when I was in there. :(
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fix your computer and come farm AP with me! ;)

AD side last night was quiet; only 1 bar when I was in there. :(
    You asked me do dis twee day ago. Is not done yet. Gosh.

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Final push now and throughout the night. DC can still win, and if you have a non-vet DC character, come join us for the final push!

• tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DC%20Wins%20Blackwater%20Blade.png

Not sure if anyone responded to the call here to log in to watch or help the Covenant win, but even after the late night/early morning massive zerg push by the Pact the other night, the blue banner sits comfortably atop the leader board with under an hour to go. Thanks to any and all who pitched in.

Also, I might have had already "vetted out" if I hadn't had to log off very early in the evening yesterday after DC took Chalman to dethrone the EP Emperor, so I want to also thank all of the people who've made playing on the DC side on Blackwater so fun, including Red Legions who let me group with them, some great pickup groups, and of course the opponents on the battlefield who kept things interesting and gave me soooooooo much AP. As a wise person once said of battle of the fields of Cyrodiil: "Nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom!!!"

-Bentalliolous Rov

• Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First DC win in about six months, well done. Ever since Rubixys reign DC has been pretty much desolate, so its good to see people actually back on it.
  • jcneto
    jcneto
    Nice work for everyone! That Scroll run was hilarious! We just ignored the gate guards and stormed the temple with the most massive group I ever saw on DC.

The whole campaign was amazing.

Nice job guys!