The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Do You Actually Like to PvE?

• Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Explain yourself)
    roechacca wrote: »
    Panda244 wrote: »
    PVE is not my strong point because I find AI predictable and boring . It's always the same formula . I really wish they never nerfed pvp xp and kill missions after launch but PVE players got upset we were leveling faster . Which I never understood and stated if they nerfed us , we would end up in their pVE zones grinding , which that happened . Now they're nerfing grinding . So PVE players get to suffer the same nerf if they don't want to run trials all day .

Did you just come up with a legitimate explanation to something... @roechacca where's Roe and what have you done with him/her/it?

The OP got me in his fishing guild . I owed him one .

That was days ago and you still haven't added it to your forum signature. It's like you're ashamed of me.
    Well if he adds that to his signature might as well add "Panda's Lover" because we all know that once you go black, you never go black, and I'm black white AND Asian! :sunglasses:
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No and I hate that we are forced to do PvE. Grinding should still be an option and XP gains from PvP should be adjusted.
    PVE is not my strong point because I find AI predictable and boring . It's always the same formula . I really wish they never nerfed pvp xp and kill missions after launch but PVE players got upset we were leveling faster . Which I never understood and stated if they nerfed us , we would end up in their pVE zones grinding , which that happened . Now they're nerfing grinding . So PVE players get to suffer the same nerf if they don't want to run trials all day .

Did you just come up with a legitimate explanation to something... @roechacca where's Roe and what have you done with him/her/it?

That was days ago and you still haven't added it to your forum signature. It's like you're ashamed of me.
    Well if he adds that to his signature might as well add "Panda's Lover" because we all know that once you go black, you never go black, and I'm black white AND Asian! :sunglasses:

I am so tempted to derail my own thread right now. Must. Resist.
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No and I hate that we are forced to do PvE. Grinding should still be an option and XP gains from PvP should be adjusted.

While I'm fond of Pandas , My heart truly goes out to Monkeys .

#12Monkeys
    #SpaceMonkey4Life
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Explain yourself)

#12Monkeys
    #SpaceMonkey4Life
    omg-cute-things-111612_01.jpg
    LOOOOOOOOOOVEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Also OP, I'd revote but since they didn't you know.. Add that option to polls, well... Things like this ^ happen.
    Edited by Panda244 on February 22, 2015 4:31PM
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

#12Monkeys
    #SpaceMonkey4Life

Also OP, I'd revote but since they didn't you know.. Add that option to polls, well... Things like this ^ happen.

I've seen the bad side of Pandas my friend . Sure it's hugs N tickles till take the bamboo an make a fishing pole ...

giphy.gif
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Explain yourself)

#12Monkeys
    #SpaceMonkey4Life

I've seen the bad side of Pandas my friend . Sure it's hugs N tickles till take the bamboo an make a fishing pole ...

giphy.gif

Oh no no, it's okay man.. I'm a vegetarian Panda, I only eat EP and DC, and occasionally I snack on the annoying AD. No bamboo, you can make all the fishing poles you want. :kissing:

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭

#12Monkeys
    #SpaceMonkey4Life

BriskEnviousGraywolf.gif
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

#12Monkeys
    #SpaceMonkey4Life

BriskEnviousGraywolf.gif

That gif represents all the new 1.6 pvp graphics to come .
  • Navaya
    Navaya
    ✭✭✭
    Other (Explain yourself)
    PvE content like Trials or Veteran Dungeons is not rewarding enough.
    The trial gears are not that good and the Veteran Dungeon set items (Ebon, Worm Cult and the medium armor one) is kinda crap, they look awesome though...

The only PvE content that I feel is rewarding enough is the Dragonstar Arena Veteran.

If I were to do a dungeon or any PvE content then I want a goal to do it and not just Grind things to gain CP.
    Edited by Navaya on February 22, 2015 4:45PM
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Explain yourself)

#12Monkeys
    #SpaceMonkey4Life

BriskEnviousGraywolf.gif
    Shots fired! Shots fired! 10-71 in the forums, need back up at my position! Shots fired! I repeat, shots fired!

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer pve and pvp to both be viable options to level a char (just as fast), but it is becoming more and more apparent that zos does not share this vision. They are nerfing grinding spot after grinding spot and xp in pvp is ridiculous.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I am more than willing to do PvE content to make my character viable in PvP
    Sorry for posting from the other side of the fence. Carry on.
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You're not posting from the opposite side of the fence . We're all playing the same game . Your preference counts just as much as anyone's . The vote I believe has more to do with showing ZOS the amount of people that would like to have the same ability to level efficiently in pvp as pve has currently .
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other (Explain yourself)

#12Monkeys
    #SpaceMonkey4Life

BriskEnviousGraywolf.gif

This is now a caption thread.

"Snu roll dodging templar beams"
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Manoekin wrote: »
    People realize we are on the pvp board, right?

Actually .. No. When you hit the "Recent" button at the top of the page to see the most recent posts, you get posts across all forums, from AvA to crafting to ze bugs. Besides, if this poll was exclusive to AvA people, then the poll is pointlessly biased.. well.. moreso than any forum poll which is only read by 10% of the playerbase who come mainly to complain or rarely ask questions.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Manoekin wrote: »

#12Monkeys
    #SpaceMonkey4Life

BriskEnviousGraywolf.gif

This is now a caption thread.

"Snu roll dodging templar beams"

Pew! Pew Pew! Pew!

Yours always seem to hit me :confused:
    DARFAL COVANT
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're not posting from the opposite side of the fence . We're all playing the same game . Your preference counts just as much as anyone's . The vote I believe has more to do with showing ZOS the amount of people that would like to have the same ability to level efficiently in pvp as pve has currently .

Poorly worded, (the poll, not you) but thats where my vote goes. It just needs to have PvP better match PvE leveling.
    Edited by technohic on February 22, 2015 8:58PM
  • Maidenname
    Maidenname
    ✭✭✭
    Yea...I like PVE as much as PVP.... paid my subscription that comes with both..its a good deal ....no?
    He who knows others is intelligent; he who understands himself is enlightened;
    He who is able to conquer others has force, but he who is able to control himself is mighty.

*** Beta player
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't mean to antagonize you and if I did, then I apologize. The entire point of this thread is to get ZOS to make some fairly simple changes that we've been asking for as a community for a long time. It's frustrating because they never listen and it has become increasingly apparent that PvP is at the very bottom of ZOS's priorities. I am in no way presenting this as an unbiased poll, because it most definitely is intended to show our general disdain for being forced to quest.

Literally this.
    DARFAL COVANT
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (Explain yourself)
    PvE means having to group with other people to be successful.

Some snipped, but the point I understood you to make was that in this game, you don't think that solo-ing will effectively get you to where you want to be, experience or adventure-wise.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • bosmern_ESO
    bosmern_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Explain yourself)
    I do both PvP and PvE, but I prefer PvP.

The PvE I enjoy doing is endgame raids/trails.
    ~Thallen~
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    Dee Tick is the God of PvP. He blesses not those who PvE, for they have strayed from the path which he has set out and spurned his love.

enough with your false god! You sound like a tribunal worshiper!!
  • Pirhana7_ESO
    Pirhana7_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Explain yourself)
    Stop looking at Champion Points like they are something required to compete. they are very minor improvements. They are not like the power of and requirement of hitting level 50 or Vet 14. The Champion system is a long term progression system to reward you for continueing to play. SO play the way you want and do PVP if that is your thing.

If you do feel the need to get them slightly faster in PVE then just mix in the quests from the towns in Cyrodiil. Remember it is a PVP / PVE zone for a reason, and this way you will still probably encounter PVP while doing your PVE grind which makes the PVE much more tolerable because you have to keep watching your back and actually get to fight people. There are also Anchors which are also PVP /PVE hotspots because everyone sees when one is activated.
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Explain yourself)
    While I don't enjoy pvp, I do think it should be a viable way to gain experience. I also believe they should include inspiration toward gaining CPs. When you consider how out of balance this is going to be in a few months, it would behoove ZOS to start earning CPs at level 1.

PvE feels like I'm doing the same thing over and over again and it's getting boring, especially when I'm almost always having to do it on my own.
  • Pirhana7_ESO
    Pirhana7_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Explain yourself)
    I will say this on this exact topic... This is the Reason so many PVP people are looking forward to Camelot Unchained. It will be tthe same 3way castle siege fight over land but all character progression comes from Realm vs Realm (AVA), and there is no PVE questing or grinding, just RVR and PVP.
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Explain yourself)
    Some. sometimes. Skyshards and looting for gold.
    Not so much questing or dungeons, but they are a means to an end.
    I'm starting gold at v14 and at guess Id say over half my VP has been from PvP which is some indication on how enjoyable I find most PvE.

Prefer AI that is Actually Intelligent
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

#12Monkeys
    #SpaceMonkey4Life

BriskEnviousGraywolf.gif

That gif represents all the new 1.6 pvp graphics to come .

ESO: NGE confirmed.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Explain yourself)
    I dislike PvE and generally avoid it if possible because it's boring. However, due to my avoiding it I'm quite behind in leveling and maxing skill points, crafting, etc., which sets me rather behind in PvP. I've learned to just deal with it and keep plodding along at the PvE stuff since I have to, but it would be nice to get a lot more VP and gold, at least, through PvP. Running around trying to find sky shards is probably less enjoyable to me than being hit by a bowsploit, so.. yeah, I'm quite behind practically everyone, but still having fun in Cyrodiil. :-)

Edit: Wanted to add, for a slowbie like me, if the champion points system creates an overly stupid differentiation in PvP (CP grinders waaaay more powerful) I'll probably just switch to nonvet.
    Edited by k2blader on February 23, 2015 9:40PM
    Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate doing PvE.
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    k2blader wrote: »
    I dislike PvE and generally avoid it if possible because it's boring. However, due to my avoiding it I'm quite behind in leveling and maxing skill points, crafting, etc., which sets me rather behind in PvP. I've learned to just deal with it and keep plodding along at the PvE stuff since I have to, but it would be nice to get a lot more VP and gold, at least, through PvP. Running around trying to find sky shards is probably less enjoyable to me than being hit by a bowsploit, so.. yeah, I'm quite behind practically everyone, but still having fun in Cyrodiil. :-)

Edit: Wanted to add, for a slowbie like me, if the champion points system creates an overly stupid differentiation in PvP (CP grinders waaaay more powerful) I'll probably just switch to nonvet.

Non-Vet won't free you from the champ point grinders since you can apply champ points as early as lv1. At least that's my understanding.