Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 14:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 14, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
• EU megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236

ESO Voice acting

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merlight wrote: »
    Kragorn wrote: »
    Surprised the OP didn't include John Cleese in his list, when I first heard Cadwell's voice in my first run through Coldharbour in the beta I was amazed.
    Same here. When I got out of the Wailing Prison and talked to him, I stopped in awe :) A real knight with a kettle on his head, the quest was bound to be epic!

I remember after getting out of the tutorial thinking, "wait, they got John Cleese and only used him for that!?" But then he keeps coming back.

Honestly, one of the things I love about this game are the recurring characters. We're so primed with MMOs and ARPGs to see a character once and then forget about them. But there's Cinder-tail and Gobani being harassed by guards, or Jakarn hiding from the undead.
  • ZOS_AmeliaR
    ZOS_AmeliaR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For anyone who hasn't seen it already, we published this video last year called The Voices of Tamriel. It features several of ESO's voice actors discussing their experiences recording their characters' dialogue for the game.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Throren
    Throren
    ✭✭✭
    For anyone who hasn't seen it already, we published this video last year called The Voices of Tamriel. It features several of ESO's voice actors discussing their experiences recording their characters' dialogue for the game.

Just out of curiosity, any reason why Wes Johnson wasn't approached for the vice of Sheogorath?
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Throren wrote: »

Just out of curiosity, any reason why Wes Johnson wasn't approached for the vice of Sheogorath?

I think it would've been awesome to hear him play Sheogorath again, and also of some of the NPCs.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why do you assume he wasn't approached?

More importantly though, this isn't going to be something that the moderators here are going to be able to tell us about, if they're actually able to get the information. It's incredibly bad form to talk about casting discussions.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Throren
    Throren
    ✭✭✭

Wes is really active on twitter and when asked if he would be Sheo for ESO he said he was never even asked to do it.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wes is really active on twitter and when asked if he would be Sheo for ESO he said he was never even asked to do it.

It's weird when companies do this... I think a lot of time decisions are made out of apathy. They just didn't think to contact him and were focused on Kate Beckinsale and John Cleese.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Keepercraft
    Keepercraft
    ✭✭✭
    Stable master Nielsold in Shadowfen still speaks German.
    o-GERMAN-LANGUAGE-facebook.jpg
    Still waiting for Sithis.
  • Rebeccas04nub18_ESO
    I want to know who does the voice for Angof. I could listen to that accent for hours. He sounds somewhat like the Khajiits but with a thicker accent.
    Wicked Felina/ Khajiit NB DC
  • goatlyonesub17_ESO
    goatlyonesub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Egonieser wrote: »
    The one name that seems elude me and google is the actress behind Naryu Virian. I have heard that voice before in films but i can't seem to remember, it's there but i just can't grab it... Which is weird, because she is quite an important character in the story, yet finding her in the cast is difficult. Maybe someone can shed some light into it perhaps as i am dying from curiosity.
    I don't know who voiced Naryu Virian, either, and would like to. She sounds almost the same as Michelle Dockery did in that scene from Hogfather (from the TV adaptation of Terry Pratchett's Discworld), when her character, Susan Sto Helit was reading a bedtime story to a little girl. It was a twisted version of "Jack and the Beanstalk."

Go to this Youtube video and start playing at 2:17.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNgU-ZaF06w

Listen especially to how Dockery says the word "hero." It's exactly the intonation that Naryu Virian uses a couple of times when she calls your character a hero in Eastmarch and in the Rift.

That doesn't mean that Michelle Dockery voiced Naryu Virian, but it's quite a coincidence in how good the voice-match is.

EDIT: The voice actress for Naryu Virian was Kath Soucie, according to
    http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Voice_Cast_(Online)
    Edited by goatlyonesub17_ESO on July 10, 2017 2:19AM
    "Argonians have fat, scaly tails." —Rissa Manyclaws.
    "Once upon a time there were three sisters: Delicious, Delightful, and Disgusting. Now, Delicious and Delightful were both very pretty girls..." —Brendalyn Jurarde.
    "I smell to the nobility." —Indrasa Avani.
    "A bargain with an animal is not a contract made." —Haderus Atrimus.
    "Redguard makeup for sale. Free samples. Secret ingredients. Unique application method. Lots of satisfied customers." —The Mudball Goblin (aka, Cognac Vinecroft)
    "Your armor looks like underwear." —Shuns-the-Knife.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As someone who hasn't played any of the other Elder Scrolls games yet, I'm hearing this version of Sheogorath first, and I don't have anyone else to compare him with so I'm finding him pretty delightful. The only issue for me is that I keep expecting him to call me Spongebob. xD
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many wonderful voices.

Edit: realized the person I quoted later found the name of Naryu's voice actress.
    Edited by ProfessorKittyhawk on July 10, 2017 4:29AM
  • Anunakis
    Anunakis
    ✭✭✭
    most boring voice acting is made for captain Kaleen (if i remember correctly ) , lifeless empty hollow soulshrieven sleepless at least for a month not a captain
  • Sigma957
    Sigma957
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Egonieser wrote: »
    So, after playing this game for a while and listening to numerous dialogues and NPC conversations, I finally wanted to check out the voice acting cast.
    Despite the repetitive and re-used voices for many NPC's (same voice actor used for many "memorable" characters), there are some big names behind the scenes.
    Kate Beckinsale, Bill Nighy, Michael Gambon, Malcolm Mcdowell to name a few.
    I was rather shocked. As this means the budget for this game must've been huge, as hiring those big named actors and artists mustn't have been cheap.

The one name that seems elude me and google is the actress behind Naryu Virian. I have heard that voice before in films but i can't seem to remember, it's there but i just can't grab it... Which is weird, because she is quite an important character in the story, yet finding her in the cast is difficult. Maybe someone can shed some light into it perhaps as i am dying from curiosity.

All in all, I don't know if this has been discussed or not, but i just thought it would be interesting to go behind the scenes a bit.
    For those who wish to know some of the names (the list here is incomplete, but still):

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3485722/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

Sorry if this topic is a bit off-topic, but I am a curious person :P

Naryu was voiced by Kath Soucie, she has done a lot of voice acting.
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0815718/
  • hamgatan
    hamgatan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to know who does the voice for Angof. I could listen to that accent for hours. He sounds somewhat like the Khajiits but with a thicker accent.

probably Alex Ovechkin, he's essentially just up the road from Bethesda and fairly free from May to October every year..
    Edited by hamgatan on July 10, 2017 5:29AM
    PC / NA - 1500 CP
    L50 Argonian MagTemplar PvE Healer (US/EP) "Smothers-With-Pillows"
    L50 Argonian StamPlar PvE DPS/Solo (US/EP) "The Rusty Argonian Spade"
    L50 Khajit StamPlar PvE DPS (US/EP) "Critteh Kitteh"
    L50 Khajit MagDK PvE DPS 97k (US/EP) "Snowflake Crusher"
    L50 Redguard StamDK PvE Tank (US/DC) "Rampant Rabbit"
    L50 Dunmer MagDK PvE DPS (US/DC) "Deep Fried Bin Chicken"
    L50 Altmer MagSorc PvE DPS (US/DC) "Acirrum" - The vMA/vvH Potato Sorc
    L50 Orc StamSorc PvE DPS (US/AD) "Fraggle Proc"
    L50 Altmer MagBlade PvE Healer (US/AD) "Never Goanna Heal You Up"
    L20 Redguard StamBlade PvP Tank (US/AD) "Sneak Dogg"
    L50 Breton MagWarden PvE Healer (US/EP) "Drunk-The-Koolaid"
    L40 Orc StamDen PvE DPS (US/EP) "Fugly Betty"
    L50 Breton MagCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Ivanna Fakakakis"
    L50 Redguard StamCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Skeletons In The Closet"
    L50 Dunmer Stam Arcanist PvE DPS 80k (US/EP) "Sends-The-Trout" - 1 Bar Oakensoul
    L20 Nord Arcanist PvE Tank (US/EP) "Now Thats a Huge Witch"

Xbox One / NA - 360 CP
    L50 Altmer MagBlade (US/AD) "Cork Soaking"
    L10 Argonian Templar (US/EP) "Makes-Me-Moist"
    L10 Argonian MagDK (US/EP) "<Forced-Name-Change>"
    L27 Altmer MagSorc (US/EP) "Sorcie McSorcface"

|GM - The Bin Chicken Alliance | Aussie Dragon Slayers | Aedra | The Skooma Emporium | The Bus | The Bounty Hunters Guild |