Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Are Generals more likely to spawn at an anchor if you leave all four pinions open until the end?

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khami wrote: »
    The mechanic for the dolmens changed after launch. Before the change, you had to close all four pinions or the waves wouldn't stop spawning. Now, it's four waves total. They need to make it back to where it was, where you had to close the pinion to get the trash to stop spawning. The dolmens with more than 3 people are way too easy.

So I wasn't insane for remembering that the dolmens used to do that.

Reverting back would be a pretty hilarious way to mess with players that save the Pinions for the end.
    Options
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Islyn wrote: »
    As a programmer, I know this would be false.

The bosses only spawn AFTER all the pinions have been closed. So how could you tell that people waited to close them? It would be difficult and not worth a developer's time. Believe me, this is not code that someone would want to write- it's also really stupid.

It's a myth. For those who believe it, you can laugh in their faces as you close the pinions whenever you want.
    local generalSpawnFlag = false
    if (checkIfAllPionionsOpenAtSameTime()) then 
        generalSpawnFlag = true 
    end

Maybe you should take more programming courses.

Maybe that doesn't work because spellcheck!

Actually, "Pinion" is the typo. Those are actually PiOnions that you're closing. They're called that because each of them gives a 3.14159265359% chance of a general spawning, and when you close one it makes Molag Bal cry a little bit, just like cutting an onion.

Perfect example of why LOL should not have been removed. Had to give you an awesome instead. REALLY funny post, thanks :p
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
    Options
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Khami wrote: »
    The mechanic for the dolmens changed after launch. Before the change, you had to close all four pinions or the waves wouldn't stop spawning. Now, it's four waves total. They need to make it back to where it was, where you had to close the pinion to get the trash to stop spawning. The dolmens with more than 3 people are way too easy.

So I wasn't insane for remembering that the dolmens used to do that.

Reverting back would be a pretty hilarious way to mess with players that save the Pinions for the end.
    Haha, it would certainly mess with my solo dolmen runs. I always leave all four pinions when I'm alone, it's simply more convenient.
    Options