Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

The Elder Scrolls Tattoo

Firstclaw
Firstclaw
✭✭✭
Hello ESO Friends,
I would like to show you this Nord Tattoo.
Made by the fantastic tattoo-artist and wonderful friend Herzdame Claudia (Unter die Haut Tattoo Studio, Neumünster, Germany) for a customer (sadly it's not in my skin). It's not finished yet, but in my opinion it looks already now awesome.

How do you like it?

Someone else have one?

(Sorry for my bad english)

[img][/img]290zkv6.jpg
Das Problem dieser Welt ist, dass die intelligenten Menschen so voller Selbstzweifel- und die Dummen so voller Selbstbewusstsein sind.
  • Lefty_Lucy
    Lefty_Lucy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow you went to a great artist. Awesome tattoo man.
    Competetive small scale PvP'er.
    GM of Afterburner - DC small scale PvP guild

YouTube: youtube.com/leftylucy_pvp
    Livestream: twitch.tv/leftylucy_pvp
  • deathmasterl_ESO
    deathmasterl_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Okay... that's awesome... although I would personally go for the Altmer myself ;D
    Saevus Messor Imperial Dragonknight Vr14 Aldmeri Dominion
    Talia Spiritus Imperial Nightblade Lv17 Aldmeri Dominion
    Naomi Athael Altmer Sorcerer Lv8 Aldmeri Dominion
    Nyanta Raimanni Khajiit Templar Lv4 Aldmeri Dominion
    Sina Nightwind Bosmer Dragonknight Lv4 Aldmeri Dominion
    Leader of the 1st Infiltration and Scouting Division
    Master Weapon and Armor Crafter
  • bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the Pact!
    Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UGhh this one Hates Nords ,they are big, loud and smell funny... but that tattoo is of awesome Calibur...Kotaro approves :smiley:
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a personal fan of tattoos, but each to their own.

I do like the art work and it is generic enough that it is not obviously a game related tattoo. That always puzzled me when someone would get a video game logo for a tattoo.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If You like it that's all that matters .
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    That looks great, @Firstclaw‌!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, amazing artistry. Great tattoo, +1 that it's Nord!
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope this guy doesn't get pissed off by the game or he will have to scratch his own skin, literally...
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on February 17, 2015 1:59AM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks great! I have no tattoos and don't wish to get any but if I were ever to get a tattoo it would be of either Deadpool's symbol or the ESO Ouroboros
    TESOnlineIcon.png
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Firstclaw
    Firstclaw
    ✭✭✭
    thank you all! that some of our enemies like it (and write it) make us proud.
    even in war there can be respect for each other. when it's finished, we'll make new pictures.
    you can see more work of this artist on her FB page: Herzdame Claudia
    Edited by Firstclaw on February 17, 2015 8:39AM
    Das Problem dieser Welt ist, dass die intelligenten Menschen so voller Selbstzweifel- und die Dummen so voller Selbstbewusstsein sind.
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Not a personal fan of tattoos, but each to their own.

I do like the art work and it is generic enough that it is not obviously a game related tattoo. That always puzzled me when someone would get a video game logo for a tattoo.

Why would it puzzle you? If the game meant a lot to someone, it doesn't seem like a stretch.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What happens when the hair grows back?
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
  • NotSo
    NotSo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Given the placement of the tattoo, could you make this barbarian crawl around like a demon squid?
    Gar'Sol the Wanderer VR14 Khajiit Sorcerer Spellblade
  • AndrewQ84
    AndrewQ84
    ✭✭✭
    I personally would not have done a Nord. Not a fan of them. However, that tattoo looks awesome. As long as you like it, that's all that really matters.
    Sa'hira of the Shadows, DC Nightblade and ruins explorer extraordinaire.

"May your day be awesome and full of Bacon!!!"

- Me
  • MissChiefx
    MissChiefx
    ✭✭
    Nice work, I'd love to see it finished!
    PC - NA - EP
    Amelayne - DK Tank | Arriana Aviticus - NB DPS | Aralia Spellbinder - Sorc DPS | Alana Leroux - Templar DPS
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePonzzz wrote: »

Why would it puzzle you? If the game meant a lot to someone, it doesn't seem like a stretch.

It's like getting a tattoo of your girlfriends name. You may think she is the world today, but what about next year or the year after that?

• BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's like getting a tattoo of your girlfriends name. You may think she is the world today, but what about next year or the year after that?

Assuming you're a fan of skyrim, do you expect a year from now to hate it? While an argument can be made against MMOs, games are generally static ... unlike people who are dynamic and unpredictable. I assume this person is a fan of the artwork/franchise as a whole, which will likely never change.
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well yes and no. Games that are volatile like an MMO I agree with. Anything that can be here today gone tomorrow. But games that play a role in your life or mean something to you, I think make great tattoos. But tattoos are permanent, so this is the case with anything you get. I'd not get artwork from ESO, but maybe something from The Elder Scrolls lore.

Personally, I grew up with NES, SNES, Sega Master System, and Sega Genesis. So a lot of those older games would totally be something I'd get ink over.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BBSooner wrote: »

Assuming you're a fan of skyrim, do you expect a year from now to hate it?

I don't hate any of my ex's (well there is one but that is a long story) and I remember everyone of them more fondly that I do a video game. But I am still glad I did not identify my body with a permanent reminder of the time we spent together.

Personally, I grew up with NES, SNES, Sega Master System, and Sega Genesis. So a lot of those older games would totally be something I'd get ink over.

So you would get a forearm sized tattoo of Mario and Luigi? And be proud of it? And seriously expect to ever get laid again?

• BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BBSooner wrote: »

Assuming you're a fan of skyrim, do you expect a year from now to hate it?

I don't hate any of my ex's (well there is one but that is a long story) and I remember everyone of them more fondly that I do a video game. But I am still glad I did not identify my body with a permanent reminder of the time we spent together.

So you would get a forearm sized tattoo of Mario and Luigi? And be proud of it? And seriously expect to ever get laid again?

If an unoffensive forearm tattoo hinders your chances then I doubt the tattoo is the problem. Just sayin.
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its all about the art! Tats dont always have to mean something and this one is bad-ass enough that even if the dude ended up hating the ES franchise, its still awesome art work.

My husband has Alduin on his shoulder, when hes done he will wrap around to his back and down his arm... its a pretty sweet tat, artistically beautiful. And if for some reason he ended up hating Skyrim (wont happen lol) he is still one awesome dragon.
    Armitas wrote: »
    Then it will be one hairy nord! Fits pretty perfect really lol!

Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything that passes for a Viking I'm all for... Not sure I'd do red though, doesn't age too well. Regardless, gotta love the passion.
  • Firstclaw
    Firstclaw
    ✭✭✭
    If you get a tattoo, the artwork counts, not if you like skyrim or something else one year later. and the elder scrolls have fantastic artwork, and i think it's interessting to see, how this very different things (videogames and tattoos) match together, you can see how videogames influence our life.
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind getting the symbol of my favorite TES game on my shoulder:
    elder-scrolls-oblivion-symbol-hd-2goc9mhk.jpg

If I weren't terrified of needles, that is.
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vyle_Byte wrote: »
    Its all about the art! Tats dont always have to mean something and this one is bad-ass enough that even if the dude ended up hating the ES franchise, its still awesome art work.

My husband has Alduin on his shoulder, when hes done he will wrap around to his back and down his arm... its a pretty sweet tat, artistically beautiful. And if for some reason he ended up hating Skyrim (wont happen lol) he is still one awesome dragon.
    Armitas wrote: »
    Then it will be one hairy nord! Fits pretty perfect really lol!

Still a WIP...It will wrap around to my back and go all the way down to me arse.

2q2ojdh.jpg
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • daswahnsinn
    daswahnsinn
    ✭✭✭
    9Hb3A4q.jpg

I got this around the time of Skyrim, Nordic inspired, but it still fits for this game too.

For the Pact
    | | daswahnsinn | Vet 16 Nord Dragon Knight | Bow/Dual Wield/Two-Handed Sword| DPS | | Warrior of the EbonHeart Pact | |
  • DumbandDunmer810
    DumbandDunmer810
    Soul Shriven
    I've got the Imperial Dragon on my arm, alongside a smaller Black Hand, Daedric 'O' from Oblivion, Hircine's wolf from the Morrowind box cover, and an 'A' in Draconic from Skyrim. But I'm debating on adding more to it, to try and build it up into an Elder Scrolls half sleeve at least. I'd ask for advice if I could get the damn thing to post!
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Kotaro admits that that tattoo is just AWESOME..Yes....
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.