• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Confirmed - Another Variation of the Senche Mount will be in the Crown Store

• sovreign
    sovreign
    ✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »
    Rosveen wrote: »
    badmojo wrote: »
    The senche mount is not part of the loyalty program. Its separate otherwise noone who didnt pay for AND use up 300 days would be able to get it. Im surprised more people arent upset they will never be able to get the sheo mask honestly.

Oh come on, you know they'll just change the hue of one of the colors on that costume and put it on the crown store.

This.

It's almost an exact cut & paste of the jester costume anyway.

lol you havent been on PTS have you. Its nothing like the jester thing. I guess to you all mounts are the same too right? If a cosmetic outfit has armor in it thats all the same too?
    Looks very much like a recolor to me. Only the mask is different, but that's not enough to say "nothing like the jester thing." Even the rest of the hat is identical.

The mask is the only part that you get. So the mask being different (VERY different) is significant and kinda defeats your whole argument.

Look closely at the picture; unless the mask has horns, there is a jester's hat attached. And that isn't armor he/she is wearing. Unless fancy stripey pantaloons is a new version of armor. It isn't the same color as the jester's outfit, but it sure does look the same aside from the mask. http://imgur.com/MqhS1Yy

EDIT: personal opinion; I think it must be uncomfortable as heck for the Argonian who is wearing the plain jester's outfit; how is the jester's mask fitting on an Argonian, anyway?

I dont understand what you are asking. Are you saying because both slightly resemble a jester hat on top its just a reskin? Have you seen the mask has more than one face and the faces have beards etc? Thats a significant difference. Its not just a reskin of the jester outfit. As far as the in-game stuff from the store yes you get the whole outfit. The sheo mask we dont know because its not out yet.

As far as the armor in the sheo photo its just a demo.

You seem to want to argue for the sake of arguing.
    It's quite easy to see only one difference between the jester costume and the 'mask of cheerful slaughter'. The face has a different model. People don't like this because it makes their "loyalty reward" seem cheap, if someone can just cash something identical -except for one piece-the face.
    Also, why would you say you only get the mask? Since when can you equip 2 costumes? (Jester and mask) it's quite obviously a full body costume.
    ZOS seem to be trying to please everyone, but at the same time are lessening the 'exclusive' feel of the 'loyal members' rewards, which is disappointing in my opinion. I've been subbed since beta, and when I saw the senche mount I was psyched, then when I saw that retextures were on the way, the excitement was gone. It's not a symbol of dedication (which this game needs-vet players showing new players that this game is worth the their time) because a new player with enough coin can deck himself out to look very similar to a vet player. Not exactly the same, but oh so similar.
    I think a majority of players feel this way. It shows in the comments. Some are just happy to receive "free" stuff... But you've already paid for 300 days of sub. So it's not really free stuff, new players are actually getting a far better deal by using crown store. (Probably)
    Anyway, I hope ZOS work it out. Players aren't stupid.
    /endrant
    "Soon you will see, that evil will always triumph, because good ... Is dumb"
    -Dark Helmet, Spaceballs
    Options
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    at least we get something for crimeny sakes.
    Options
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    sovreign wrote: »
    JKorr wrote: »
    Rosveen wrote: »
    badmojo wrote: »
    The senche mount is not part of the loyalty program. Its separate otherwise noone who didnt pay for AND use up 300 days would be able to get it. Im surprised more people arent upset they will never be able to get the sheo mask honestly.

Oh come on, you know they'll just change the hue of one of the colors on that costume and put it on the crown store.

This.

It's almost an exact cut & paste of the jester costume anyway.

lol you havent been on PTS have you. Its nothing like the jester thing. I guess to you all mounts are the same too right? If a cosmetic outfit has armor in it thats all the same too?
    Looks very much like a recolor to me. Only the mask is different, but that's not enough to say "nothing like the jester thing." Even the rest of the hat is identical.

The mask is the only part that you get. So the mask being different (VERY different) is significant and kinda defeats your whole argument.

Look closely at the picture; unless the mask has horns, there is a jester's hat attached. And that isn't armor he/she is wearing. Unless fancy stripey pantaloons is a new version of armor. It isn't the same color as the jester's outfit, but it sure does look the same aside from the mask. http://imgur.com/MqhS1Yy

EDIT: personal opinion; I think it must be uncomfortable as heck for the Argonian who is wearing the plain jester's outfit; how is the jester's mask fitting on an Argonian, anyway?

I dont understand what you are asking. Are you saying because both slightly resemble a jester hat on top its just a reskin? Have you seen the mask has more than one face and the faces have beards etc? Thats a significant difference. Its not just a reskin of the jester outfit. As far as the in-game stuff from the store yes you get the whole outfit. The sheo mask we dont know because its not out yet.

As far as the armor in the sheo photo its just a demo.

You seem to want to argue for the sake of arguing.
    It's quite easy to see only one difference between the jester costume and the 'mask of cheerful slaughter'. The face has a different model. People don't like this because it makes their "loyalty reward" seem cheap, if someone can just cash something identical -except for one piece-the face.
    Also, why would you say you only get the mask? Since when can you equip 2 costumes? (Jester and mask) it's quite obviously a full body costume.
    ZOS seem to be trying to please everyone, but at the same time are lessening the 'exclusive' feel of the 'loyal members' rewards, which is disappointing in my opinion. I've been subbed since beta, and when I saw the senche mount I was psyched, then when I saw that retextures were on the way, the excitement was gone. It's not a symbol of dedication (which this game needs-vet players showing new players that this game is worth the their time) because a new player with enough coin can deck himself out to look very similar to a vet player. Not exactly the same, but oh so similar.
    I think a majority of players feel this way. It shows in the comments. Some are just happy to receive "free" stuff... But you've already paid for 300 days of sub. So it's not really free stuff, new players are actually getting a far better deal by using crown store. (Probably)
    Anyway, I hope ZOS work it out. Players aren't stupid.
    /endrant

It is free stuff because my membership only gives me access to the servers. Anything else is free. It looks nothing like the jester outfit other than it slightly resembles a jester hat too. Seeing as sheo loves to jest this makes absolute sense.

So a new player cannot make himself look anything like the reward for 9 months. It is a totally different look. Just like the armors are different even tho there is other armor in the game.
    Options
  • rynth
    rynth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's a great idea offer the cat mount in crown store because you only get one loyalty cat mount and I have several ch that I play and if the mount is like all the other mounts that are unlocked by character not sub. I'd want more than just one character and I for one don't mind spending money that I've worked for on a second or third cat mount.
    When asked what he would do for a Klondike bar. Grand Moff Tarkin said "why I would blow up Alderaan."
    Options
  • Sylvyr
    Sylvyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) If the mount were exclusive to loyalty then I'd be stoked. Sure one skin of it is, but having others available to all takes the zing out of it.
    2) I'd want the black one. It would have been better to get a loyalty token and use that to pick one. As it is I'll probably end up just putting the loyalty one in a box on a shelf and get one I really would rather have.

Nice idea, but yet again, poorly implemented.
    Badge: Wall-of-Text GRANDMASTER

PvP: Patch Vs. Player

ZoSence (n.):
    1) What is reasonable or comprehensive using ZoS logic. "That makes ZoSense"
    2) Making zero sense. "That makes ZoSense"
    Options
  • jeevin
    jeevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvyr wrote: »
    1) If the mount were exclusive to loyalty then I'd be stoked. Sure one skin of it is, but having others available to all takes the zing out of it.
    2) I'd want the black one. It would have been better to get a loyalty token and use that to pick one. As it is I'll probably end up just putting the loyalty one in a box on a shelf and get one I really would rather have.

Nice idea, but yet again, poorly implemented.

Makes ZoSenese to me too lol awesome B)
    Options
  • Throren
    Throren
    ✭✭✭

That would be a horrid idea. Then there is no point anymore. When you see someone on a stripped senche you can tell right away from the skin that it is the loyalty reward and this person has most likely been around a while.

If it was 'tokens' to pick one like you suggested then no one would ever know. Did he get that mount from a token or did he just buy it with crowns? It loses it's visual identity
    Options
  • Sky Chancellor
    Sky Chancellor
    ✭✭✭
    I believe they could've used their imagination to develop something "unique" and different than what would ever be sold on the "crown shop". I believe that would have been a 10/10. As it stands, its a decent reward, I am grateful, but I believe that could've done a lot better.

I was thinking Griffin or Dragon. That is what I would prefer, or perhaps something else unique.
    Options
  • Throren
    Throren
    ✭✭✭

I was thinking Griffin or Dragon. That is what I would prefer, or perhaps something else unique.

Griffin's/Gryphon's don't exists in TES lore as far as we know

and dragons

1: Would be too big as a mount
    2: Wouldn't let anyone ride them
    3: Are all dead/gone in the timeline of ESO

not to mention both of those having wings and lets not bring flying mounts tot hsi game.
    Options
  • sovreign
    sovreign
    ✭✭✭
    Throren wrote: »

That would be a horrid idea. Then there is no point anymore. When you see someone on a stripped senche you can tell right away from the skin that it is the loyalty reward and this person has most likely been around a while.

If it was 'tokens' to pick one like you suggested then no one would ever know. Did he get that mount from a token or did he just buy it with crowns? It loses it's visual identity

Agreed. Horrid idea,
    But the problem we have now, is that the striped senche is currently-essentially-a cash shop item..is it not? 300 days of sub, unused, means you will still get the mount? How can they say its exclusive?
    Please correct me if this is wrong.
    "Soon you will see, that evil will always triumph, because good ... Is dumb"
    -Dark Helmet, Spaceballs
    Options
  • Bleakraven
    Bleakraven
    ✭✭✭✭
    Throren wrote: »

I think they meant that the other senches would not be available from the store at all, and only as a loyalty reward that youd be able to pick of any color you wanted.
    Options
  • Throren
    Throren
    ✭✭✭
    sovreign wrote: »

Agreed. Horrid idea,
    But the problem we have now, is that the striped senche is currently-essentially-a cash shop item..is it not? 300 days of sub, unused, means you will still get the mount? How can they say its exclusive?
    Please correct me if this is wrong.

It's exclusive to only those who have paid for 300 days of gametime before tamriel unlimited launches. After TU launches you won't be able to get it anymore.
    Options
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    dharbert wrote: »
    So what's so special about the loyalty mount then?
    @dharbert , the "loyalty reward" cost $150. The crown store mount will cost much less.
    Chufu wrote: »
    dharbert wrote: »
    So what's so special about the loyalty mount then?
    This exclusive senche for the loyal members has an armor!

The other senches (look my post above) just have a saddle and bridle.
    @Chufu‌ , good news and bad news:

The Armor comes from the Stamina Upgrades and is irrespective of the mount, I'm afraid.

the look may be different (armor), but it will show itself once any mount hits 50 in Stamina. (now riding skills)
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    Options
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How did the loyalty reward cost $150? If you mean 10 months of sub didnt you also get to play the game those months? If you mean paying in advance wont you get 1500 crowns a month after march and alot of other perks?
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How did the loyalty reward cost $150? If you mean 10 months of sub didnt you also get to play the game those months? If you mean paying in advance wont you get 1500 crowns a month after march and alot of other perks?

He's being snide to make a point. :wink:

What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
    Options