Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 14:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 14
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 14, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 4:00PM EDT (20:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
• EU megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236

Lusty Argonian Maids

• LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kragorn wrote: »
    the fact cats have multiple pairs (and in any evolutionary theory of how cats to evolve into Khajiit I doubt there's a likely loss of some but not all such physiological features) but Khajiit only have a human endowment in this area is equally silly.

Khajiit were created by Azura from proto-(most-likely)elf stock so could have created them in any way she wanted really. She probably chose the form most common in humanoids. Also don't forget that most Khajiit subspecies don't actually have humanoid mammary glands, just the playable subspecies.
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The answer is obvious.

One of the emperor's that tried to invade black marsh ingested some hist sap. While he was talking to butterflies made of rainbows, and eating air that tasted like the burning chainmail clad remnants of his own men he obviously communed with a hist tree. The hist tree saw he liked bewbies and so decided that when it created an ambassadorial variant of 'froggy servant bioroid pattern #543' it'd also give it bewbies.

It also added a few extra inches onto the variant models just to make the emperor feel insecure about his own virility.

There, lore friendly and reminds us all that bretons and imperials are freaking weird.
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • Rial
    Rial
    ✭✭✭
    Iago wrote: »

I'd like to advise anyone to take this with quite a few grains of salt, seeing as it was written by an Altmer, and a Thalmor at that.
    EsORising wrote: »
    This is definitely a post about beastality

Describing sentient, intelligent beings like Argonians as mere beasts can't be described as anything else than racism, though.
    in any evolutionary theory of how cats to evolve into Khajiit

TES has done apretty good job at defining it's own laws of nature and the origin of all the creatures of the Mundus and beyond. Khajiit didn't evolve from cats, it's even highly debatable if there is any such thing as evolution.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barta057 wrote: »
    If they didn't have bewbs a lot of mouthbreathers would complain. Because as Hollywood has proven, *** narrative and character development, all men care about is a big bouncy set of triple Ds or whatever. I don't know...I ain't into breasts.

The big ones, y'all like the big ones. Especially if they're framed by explosions, and maybe even covered in wetness.

A good example is when everyone pitched a fit that the Charr females didn't have breasts but a flat chest with six nips, like a feline does. I thought that was an excellent design choice, and that it gave the race character. Apparently everyone and their mom thought it was sacrilege and wanted to burn their eyes out with hot coals.

I found the char females rather attractive, personally.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was talking to an Argonian the other day (probably in a tavern) and as we were chatting I was struck by two outstanding issues. Why do Argonian maids have mammary glands, they are reptiles after all and they do refer to their young as hatchlings. Very confusing to a humble traveller, maybe it's time to kick the skooma, go home and put my feet up for a while.
    ZOS' implementation of the 'beast' races is simply laughable, not least because they use the same skeleton of the more 'humanoid' races .. all males have the same posture and all female have the same.

The presence of mammary glands on reptiles is of course totally asinine, and the fact cats have multiple pairs (and in any evolutionary theory of how cats to evolve into Khajiit I doubt there's a likely loss of some but not all such physiological features) but Khajiit only have a human endowment in this area is equally silly.

The Werewolf form shows ZOS can at least attempt something non-hamnoid and they could have done far, far better with Khajiit and Argonian than the Disney-like representation that chose to use.

I agree!... and they COULD fix this.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/147221/concept-for-a-future-argonian-centric-update

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/141710/suggestions-for-an-eventual-khajiit-centric-update
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    I was talking to an Argonian the other day (probably in a tavern) and as we were chatting I was struck by two outstanding issues. Why do Argonian maids have mammary glands, they are reptiles after all and they do refer to their young as hatchlings. Very confusing to a humble traveller, maybe it's time to kick the skooma, go home and put my feet up for a while.
    ZOS' implementation of the 'beast' races is simply laughable, not least because they use the same skeleton of the more 'humanoid' races .. all males have the same posture and all female have the same.

The presence of mammary glands on reptiles is of course totally asinine, and the fact cats have multiple pairs (and in any evolutionary theory of how cats to evolve into Khajiit I doubt there's a likely loss of some but not all such physiological features) but Khajiit only have a human endowment in this area is equally silly.

The Werewolf form shows ZOS can at least attempt something non-hamnoid and they could have done far, far better with Khajiit and Argonian than the Disney-like representation that chose to use.

I agree!... and they COULD fix this.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/147221/concept-for-a-future-argonian-centric-update

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/141710/suggestions-for-an-eventual-khajiit-centric-update

Look maybe just maybe everyone is putting way to much thought into this. After all Nirn, Tamriel and not one of it's races or events exist or have ever happened now nor will they ever.

No one complains that the Argonians have gills which is why they can breath underwater.

Seriously it's just a game and if their fantasy realm bothers you that much, move on to something else that suits you better, people are taking this whole Argonian breast thing to seriously. The only way we will ever know is if the lore master writes either in game dialogue or a lore book that explains this.
    That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

• Throren
    Throren
    ✭✭✭

Argonians technically aren't reptiles. They are some weird mix of reptile and amphibian that evolved from/genetically created by sentient trees.

Also Khajiit were originally elves so that is why the humanoid ones have such men/mer bodies.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Throren wrote: »

Argonians technically aren't reptiles. They are some weird mix of reptile and amphibian that evolved from/genetically created by sentient trees.

Also Khajiit were originally elves so that is why the humanoid ones have such men/mer bodies.

Wait, what? I've never heard this before. :confused:
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• gurluasb16_ESO
    gurluasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

They shared ancestry with the Bosmer and were changed by Azura or something.
    I remember reading it.

I think all races can procreate to be honest.
    The child will just be the same race as the mother.

Also Argonian eggs can hatch without the hist. There is a storyline about such an Argonian in the Shadowfen, where the Argonian is basically akin to a human Aspergers, and married to a Dunmer.
    Edited by gurluasb16_ESO on February 12, 2015 6:32AM
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (deleted -> double post :P )
    Edited by LMar on February 12, 2015 6:47AM
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well technically they weren't quite elves yet. It was at a period when Bosmer were still not fully formed I think. Azura took that proto-stock and transformed them into Khajiit.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They shared ancestry with the Bosmer and were changed by Azura or something.
    I remember reading it.

I think all races can procreate to be honest.
    The child will just be the same race as the mother.

Also Argonian eggs can hatch without the hist. There is a storyline about such an Argonian in the Shadowfen, where the Argonian is basically akin to a human Aspergers, and married to a Dunmer.

Ok. I found some interesting things.

Nirni is like "mother earth" (Nirn) who is a child of Fadomai (Sithis)
    Y'ffer is the Khajiit god of the forest. Azurah is the goddess of Dusk and Dawn (the sun), sister of Nirni.

The following is from "Words of Clan Mother Ahnissi to her Favored Daughter": (A Khajiit Test)

"And Fadomai said, "When Nirni is filled with her children, take one of them and change them. Make the fastest, cleverest, most beautiful people, and call them Khajiit."

And Fadomai said, "The Khajiit must be the best climbers, for if Masser and Secunda fail, they must climb Khenarthi's breath to set the moons back in their courses."

And Fadomai said, "The Khajiit must be the best deceivers, for they must always hide their nature from the children of Ahnurr."

And Fadomai said, "The Khajiit must be the best survivors, for Nirni will be jealous, and she will make the sands harsh and the forests unforgiving, and the Khajiit will always be hungry and at war with Nirni."

"Nirni could make children. And she filled herself with children, but cried because her favorite children, the forest people, did not know their shape."

"And Y'ffer did not have Azurah's subtle wisdom, so Y'ffer made the forest people Elves always and never beasts. And Y'ffer named them Bosmer. And from that moment they were no longer in the same litter as the Khajiit."

http://www.imperial-library.info/content/words-clan-mother-ahnissi-her-favored-daughter

Now let us also consider "The Ooze: A Fable" (a Bosmer text)

"Once, there was nothing but formlessness. The land held no shape, the trees did not harden into timber and bark, and the Elves themselves shifted from form to form. This formlessness was called the Ooze.

But Y'ffre took the Ooze and ordered it. First, she told of the Green, the forest and all the plant life in it. She gave the Green the power to shape itself as it willed, for it was her first tale.

The Elves were Y'ffre's second tale. As Y'ffre spun the story, the Elves took the form they have today. Y'ffre gave them the power to tell stories, but warned them against trying to shape themselves or the Green. "

http://www.imperial-library.info/content/ooze-fable

So both Khajiit AND Bosmer claim that Bosmer came from a formless shape. From this formlessness, Kkhajiits believe all the animals of Nirn were formed. So, saying Khajiit were Bosmer isn't quite correct. It's more like they share a common creation.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Throren
    Throren
    ✭✭✭
    There is a difference between what a race/people believe happened and what actually happened.

All modern elves come from Aldmer, yes including bosmer. (Vanus Galerion is an Aldmer, very similar in appearance to Altmer)

It says that the first bosmer were ancient elves that left Summerset to go to the forested mainland to live a more 'simple life' OR were left there on purpose so Summerset would have ties to the mainland.

We new Azura created the Khajiit from these 'forest people' Most likely referring to either the fist bosmers or the more aldmer/altmer descendants of the first bosmer. So yes, the original Khajiit were once elves.

Look at the Ohmes, a type of khajiit born when the larger moon (Masser) is a new moon and the smaller moon (Secunda) is a full moon. Ohmes khajiit are almost identical to bosmer and most tattoo their face with cat like images to show distinction.
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Indeed, it's Ja-Reet, which can be read here:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:The_Strange_Case_of_Ja-Reet

However we get conflicting accounts from the Quest Keepers of the Shell where Telixith, assistant to Keeper Uxith-Ei, states that the eggs in the hatching pool will not hatch without the presence of the Hist. Sadly, I couldn't find actual quest text, only a synopsis here:

Http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Keepers_of_the_shell

It wouldn't be TES without conflicting stories, so (this is all pure speculation):

Assuming the book is wrong

-Though being born away from the Hist, he could have still aren't time in a hatching pool
    -The accounts of his life were given embellishment

Assuming the Egg Keeper is wrong

-A part of Ja-Reet is clearly missing, the Hist might be required for a fully functional argonian

They could both be truthful if Ja-Reet is an account of a mixed heritage.
    -He has no natural instinct with emotional cues from his people (despite living with them in slavery)
    Edited by BBSooner on February 12, 2015 4:15PM
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We new Azura created the Khajiit from these 'forest people' Most likely referring to either the fist bosmers or the more aldmer/altmer descendants of the first bosmer. So yes, the original Khajiit were once elves.

Where do you get this information?

If it's from the "Words of Clan Mother Ahnissi to her Favored Daughter" text?

"Nirni could make children. And she filled herself with children, but cried because her favorite children, the forest people, did not know their shape."

"And Y'ffer did not have Azurah's subtle wisdom, so Y'ffer made the forest people Elves always and never beasts. And Y'ffer named them Bosmer. And from that moment they were no longer in the same litter as the Khajiit."

Are the "Shapeless Forest People" the Altmer? because they aren't the Bosmer. The Bosmer were "created" after the Khajiit. Perhaps it is referring to the Aldmer. That would make the ONLY race that isn't descended from Aldmer on Tamriel (that we see in TES games) the Argonians.

I personally interpret the text differently.

Anu created/birthed/split into Anu and Padomay (aka Sithis). This was so that there could be an agent of change since Anu is unchanging.

From the "chaos of creation" came the Et'Ada, who were formless spiritual beings. The Et'Ada formed themselves into the Aedra who eventually sacrificed themselves to create Nirn.

Men believe they were created by the Et'Ada from formlessness.

Mer believe they are the descendants of the Ehlnofey, who themselves are descendants of Aedra.

The Hist appear to have been created by the Aedra during the formation of Nirn, who in turn created the Argonians.

The Khajiit seem to have been formed out of the formlessness also by the Et'Ada. because the Khajiit Fadomai (Sithis) brought forth children (Et'Ada) and one of those children, Nirni, gave life to the Khajiit.

So we have the Hist, the Khajiit and Men (maybe) that were formed by the Et'Ada/Aedra during the formation of Nirn... and those Aedra became the Ehlnofey who are the descendants of Mer (and possibly also the descendants of Man).

If the only races to actually be created out of the formlessness are actually the Hist and the Khajiit then the Khajiit are the closest thing to an "original race" that Tamriel has.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Hist
    http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Anu
    http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Padomay
    http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Et'Ada
    http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Aedra
    Edited by Gidorick on February 13, 2015 7:30AM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Men mer and Hist are descendants of the Ehlnofey actually. Then Hist created/changed the argonians into sapient beings
    Edited by LMar on February 16, 2015 8:50AM
  • WhitePawPrints
    WhitePawPrints
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barta057 wrote: »
    A good example is when everyone pitched a fit that the Charr females didn't have breasts but a flat chest with six nips, like a feline does. I thought that was an excellent design choice, and that it gave the race character. Apparently everyone and their mom thought it was sacrilege and wanted to burn their eyes out with hot coals.

No doubt Guild Wars received a lot of remarks about going with a more beast like appearance rather than having oversized breasts on their beast race. Blizzard's new game, Heroes of the Storm, had released sneak peaks of everyone's favorite banshee queen, Sylvannus. Her belly was covered with some light shirt/armor thing.... My god, there was a massive feminist movement that I had no idea existed but it certainly was blamed. How could Blizzard give into giving a corpse a shirt? Those damned feminists!

Imagine if Bethesda were to change the female Argonian models now? The uproar would be insane.