The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

It's that time again NA

• Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    roechacca wrote: »
    I'll be fishing .

Wanna join my fishing guild? You'll start out as a Rod Holder, but if you prove yourself, I might promote you to Master Baiter.

Now that sounds like fun.
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• Gooey
    Gooey
    ✭✭✭
    I think for EP is the best day, we should all chip in to buy them new wristbraces and energy drinks so they can play all day and all night and still be the best faction :smile: .
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So who got Emperor last night ? Haven't seen a Huzzah thread yet
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In Haderus it is a templar named Hemptation. This was about an hour or two after Cent Satori got it back on DC side. We tried to crown Handler earlier in the week and Vanus last night but it didn't work out.

We had a pretty good final defensive force at Ash (of all places) but Crystalized and company turned the tide of that battle.
    Edited by Kartalin on February 9, 2015 6:03PM
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Roselle
    Roselle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    Uh yeah something can be done, how about you guys just log in to pvp and form organized groups. It isn't some insidious boogeyman, it's just pact players that play throughout the day and continue to be online through the night while other factions start logging out.

Not as easy as you make it out to be. A lot of the people I've PVPed well with have quit. I have tried to PVP with other groups and sometimes it works out, and sometimes it doesn't.

It can be fun working a bit harder than others, but it can also be rather taxing to the point where the game is more like a chore.

A couple friends and I have tried to see if the AD community can come together and group up like we're used to, but it just hasn't worked out too well for us in a long time.

I'm not giving up just yet though... I am interested to see if 1.6 brings any new prospects to AD. :)
    This one was rekt by Zenimax
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    milthalas wrote: »
    In Haderus it is a templar named Hemptation. This was about an hour or two after Cent Satori got it back on DC side. We tried to crown Handler earlier in the week and Vanus last night but it didn't work out.

We had a pretty good final defensive force at Ash (of all places) but Crystalized and company turned the tide of that battle.

Handler got Emperor several weeks ago, no need to crown that guy again. He was pretty bad, got sniped so many times to death that no one really knew he was Emperor until his name popped up on dethrone.

Vanus is a nice guy, so ok. However I don't know if AD can crown anymore on Haderus.

I want to see Arya firebender get Emp, been in the campaign for awhile now.

• Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, we were one keep away from crowning Handler Friday night and it ended up being an all alliance battle for that last keep and we were pushed out. But he did tell us he'd been emp 4 times (on that character) and a couple more times on his alt, so we were talking about him maybe dropping out of the race but it ended up not mattering anyway.

Arya used to be in our guild (not sure what happened) and would make a great emperor. He's made a few pushes toward it in the past but not so much recently.
    • PC/NA
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was on Chill last night on my DC toon, just to get the skyshards. And the chat was really funny. The problem is not that EP was there with mass numbers, the problem was DC would not work together. One group of EP went around the circle just taking what they wanted while DC bickered like old ladies about what to do and who was in charge. Thanks for the laughs.
    Edited by Ackwalan on February 9, 2015 6:32PM
  • Aoe_Barbecue
    Aoe_Barbecue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol @ people who are like "well just organize yourselves gosh!" DC is full of divas who want everything done their specific way -- faction organization included -- and have hissy fits and resort to trolling when something doesn't go their way. Many have tried. Apparently every one on DC is Sun Tzu in the flesh lol. If blue, it's best to remove whatever [snip] you previously gave and just have a bit of fun diving into zergs and farming where and when you can :)
    [Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on February 9, 2015 9:57PM
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's good advice to have fun playing a game. No point fretting over things you can't broadly effect. It's good advice for any faction, including EP.

I take a zen look at the whole thing, there aren't winners or losers, only the entertainment of the conflict.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Meh I just can't justify not having fun until spring some time . By that time the game will be on console and I wouldn't expect a lot to get done here when those people will rant for support with more numbers . They may add or subtract servers then . I'll just peek in an see here an there when it happens . But I'm not staying subbed just for loyalty rewards when those were cancelled too ..
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You know it's possible to have fun even if you're not winning the campaign or don't have emp, although those do help.

We had some great takes and defenses this past week in Haderus. Last night our AD guild group had taken Farragut while DC was trying to take Arrius. The goal was the scroll of Ghartok. So while EP was putting up an epic defense of Arrius, we were biding our time holding off handfuls of EP trying to set up siege. I think at one point we saw DC fail at Arrius so we went over there and attacked and failed as well while DC took Farragut. After that we just retook Farragut. But then all of a sudden both DC and EP start hitting Farra from opposite sides. DC gets through their inner first, comes upstairs and we wipe them. This is a decent sized group, 15-20 against our 22 (+ NPCs). We then reset our defenses and about 15 seconds after DC wiped the EP group (slightly smaller numbers, 10-15) comes upstairs and wipes as well. Crazy stuff! I can only imagine the chaos if they had broken through simultaneously.

We had to abandon Farragut because DC was starting their emp push but we had an awesome time keeping it going there.
    Edited by Kartalin on February 9, 2015 9:08PM
    • PC/NA
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol @ people who are like "well just organize yourselves gosh!" DC is full of divas who want everything done their specific way -- faction organization included -- and have hissy fits and resort to trolling when something doesn't go their way. Many have tried. Apparently every one on DC is Sun Tzu in the flesh lol. If blue, it's best to remove whatever [snip] you previously gave and just have a bit of fun diving into zergs and farming where and when you can :)
    All this ^^^^
    much love Mr. Barbecue
    [Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]
    Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on February 9, 2015 9:58PM
    Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
    Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
    Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pact used to have Donny Brooks, but we overcame that. DC can too if you but repent to Dee Tick.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Angavar
    Angavar
    ✭✭✭
    You claim that EP worships Dee Tick, but your actions say otherwise.

If you truly accepted Dee Tick as your lord and saviour, your comrades would not be devoutly praying to Oh Tick in the dead of night, even though that is when its favour is at minimum.

All know that DC and AD are the only true prophets of Dee Tick, for even in the dead of night, when all seems lost, we sing endless praise that it might save us from the unfaithful Pact.
    Edited by Angavar on February 9, 2015 11:35PM
    S'irinar the Shadow - VR14 NB (AD)
    Antakh the Bold - VR6 DK (AD)
    Arkoth the Darkweaver - VR5 Sorc (AD)
  • Gooey
    Gooey
    ✭✭✭
    Angavar wrote: »

If you truly accepted Dee Tick as your lord and saviour, your comrades would not be devoutly praying to Oh Tick in the dead of night, even though that is when its favour is at minimum.

All know that DC and AD are the only true prophets of Dee Tick, for even in the dead of night, when all seems lost, we sing endless praise that it might save us from the unfaithful Pact.

The heresy of the Pact ends tonight.
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

How dare you. How darest you?!

We in the Pact speak for Dee Tick. From the walls of Chalman to the clustered mass of Elves and Orcs below, from the inner stairs of Arrius which alone stands when all else has crumbled. Our devotion to Dee Tick (Father of Akatosh, Grandfather of Dragons) has brought the Pact to its current standing. And Lo, all keeps have become ours to defend.

In the name of Dee Tick, we conquer so that we might later defend, and that all may enjoy his bounty--save those unfortunates who push the resource before his gift has arrived.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Angavar
    Angavar
    ✭✭✭
    Lies, lies and blasphemy! Dee Tick does not favour those who tarnish his name in some misguided attempt at conquest!

Dee Tick is the lord of guardians, balance and chivalry, of justice and righteousness. So it has been told, by those who have had the honour of receiving his blessing.

Dee Tick may still grant you mercy, this is true.. But do not claim that that your false worship of Oh Tick is anything but that!

Dee Tick sees all, and he has judged the Pact unworthy.
    Edited by Angavar on February 10, 2015 5:39AM
    S'irinar the Shadow - VR14 NB (AD)
    Antakh the Bold - VR6 DK (AD)
    Arkoth the Darkweaver - VR5 Sorc (AD)
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    milthalas wrote: »
    You know it's possible to have fun even if you're not winning the campaign or don't have emp, although those do help.

We had some great takes and defenses this past week in Haderus. Last night our AD guild group had taken Farragut while DC was trying to take Arrius. The goal was the scroll of Ghartok. So while EP was putting up an epic defense of Arrius, we were biding our time holding off handfuls of EP trying to set up siege. I think at one point we saw DC fail at Arrius so we went over there and attacked and failed as well while DC took Farragut. After that we just retook Farragut. But then all of a sudden both DC and EP start hitting Farra from opposite sides. DC gets through their inner first, comes upstairs and we wipe them. This is a decent sized group, 15-20 against our 22 (+ NPCs). We then reset our defenses and about 15 seconds after DC wiped the EP group (slightly smaller numbers, 10-15) comes upstairs and wipes as well. Crazy stuff! I can only imagine the chaos if they had broken through simultaneously.

We had to abandon Farragut because DC was starting their emp push but we had an awesome time keeping it going there.

Yeah, winning the campaign is an afterthought for me. The game crippling lag that certain groups inflict IS the problem.

• Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Starting to see a trend here ?
  • Lord_Bidr
    Lord_Bidr
    ✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »
    KBKB wrote: »
    I stopped caring, can not recommend this highly enough.

I second this notion, PvP becomes incredibly fun when you stop giving a hoot about who has Emperor, who's winning, etc etc. Run solo, kill blues, get AP, run with a group, curb stomp EP, get AP.

Doesn't matta got AP.

As long as the majority of the players have this mentality, this will be the reason why AD will never win the competitive campaigns. They can do it, we on the EP side see it happen at the beginning of the campaigns, but sometime after the 2nd or 3rd day of the campaign, they seem to run out of steam. Would've been a lot more fun if they could last longer.
    ~ The brightest lights often cast the darkest shadows. ~
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I second this notion, PvP becomes incredibly fun when you stop giving a hoot about who has Emperor, who's winning, etc etc. Run solo, kill blues, get AP, run with a group, curb stomp EP, get AP.

Doesn't matta got AP.

As long as the majority of the players have this mentality, this will be the reason why AD will never win the competitive campaigns. They can do it, we on the EP side see it happen at the beginning of the campaigns, but sometime after the 2nd or 3rd day of the campaign, they seem to run out of steam. Would've been a lot more fun if they could last longer.

DC and AD "run out of steam" because spending 4-5 hours in a night working hard to make a lot of ground, only to log in the next day and see that EP control the whole map again is exhausting. Day after day.

That's why I stopped caring about the score. If DC somehow ever got to 1st place, we are only ever 1-2 days of nightcapping away from being in 2nd or 3rd. Not worth the aggravation.

Only goal: Kill EP, get AP, enjoy my scotch.
    Edited by Sallington on February 20, 2015 3:50PM
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sallington wrote: »

Doesn't matta got AP.

DC and AD "run out of steam" because spending 4-5 hours in a night working hard to make a lot of ground, only to log in the next day and see that EP control the whole map again is exhausting. Day after day.

That's why I stopped caring about the score. If DC somehow ever got to 1st place, we are only ever 1-2 days of nightcapping away from being in 2nd or 3rd. Not worth the aggravation.

Only goal: Kill EP, get AP, enjoy my scotch.

I stayed up till 11pm last night PST . We were doing good at defending till AD started a Emp push and went through DC first . Then I was like blank it and logged out . Yep just forget the score , grab AP and bolt . A lot less frustrating .
  • Cervanteseric85ub17_ESO
    Oh, OK tear, I'll just quit my job so I can login to PvP and organise the 5 AD players who are also online against the hordes of EP.

Actually, on second thoughts, if I don't pay my rent and bills I can't play.
    You just don't understand. Eso is life, eso is love, get your priorities straight: eso is your job.

What's funny is this statement holds truth for so many on the EP side.....
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stayed up till 11pm last night PST . We were doing good at defending till AD started a Emp push and went through DC first . Then I was like blank it and logged out . Yep just forget the score , grab AP and bolt . A lot less frustrating .

@roechacca Lolwut? 11pm? That's it?
    When I rolled with Tyndreos and gang, me, Ithilwenn, and Tyn would stay up to around 5-8am in the morning, and our aussies would get on and it'd just be like four very tired people in TS.... lol.

Get on my level Roe. Get on it! Still didn't answer my question in another thread btw, you know me... But I only know you by your forum name :open_mouth:

Nah, @vortexman11 Job is to slather oil all over my enemies while @Telel does jumping jacks around us and bashes daggits' skulls in with his bakka mallet. While I Talons spam or Sap Essence spam them to death. (Sorry, too much?)
    Edited by Panda244 on February 20, 2015 8:46PM
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

When I rolled with Tyndreos and gang, me, Ithilwenn, and Tyn would stay up to around 5-8am in the morning, and our aussies would get on and it'd just be like four very tired people in TS.... lol.

Get on my level Roe. Get on it! Still didn't answer my question in another thread btw, you know me... But I only know you by your forum name :open_mouth:

Nah, @vortexman11 Job is to slather oil all over my enemies while @Telel does jumping jacks around us and bashes daggits' skulls in with his bakka mallet. While I Talons spam or Sap Essence spam them to death. (Sorry, too much?)

My game names the same as my forum name . I never said I knew you just I've given your ideas an A before . I'm an old man and old men don't stay up till 5am playing video games when they work 2 jobs . Just doesn't happen . But I see AD is feeling the heat today for pushing the map so hard last night . Looks like it stings a little ...
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My game names the same as my forum name . I never said I knew you just I've given your ideas an A before . I'm an old man and old men don't stay up till 5am playing video games when they work 2 jobs . Just doesn't happen . But I see AD is feeling the heat today for pushing the map so hard last night . Looks like it stings a little ...

Ah lol, yeah never seen you in game before, sadly. AD still has some prevalent Aussies that get on when we don't, and then there's the people like me that stay up very late. Well... Ahem.

"Run until you can't, then when you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't crawl - when you can't do that. You find someone to carry you."

Of course in this scenario my bed is doing the carrying. :trollface:
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pact used to have Donny Brooks, but we overcame that. DC can too.
    So you are saying they need a "Donny Corner"?
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Blud
    Blud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uh yeah something can be done, how about you guys just log in to pvp and form organized groups. It isn't some insidious boogeyman, it's just pact players that play throughout the day and continue to be online through the night while other factions start logging out.

Because it usually doesn't work.

If you get a group to go do anything, you will soon be greeted by at least 3x your number of EP. Gets frustrating to just feed AP to the red zerg. People tend to find other things to do.

Try roll a DC or AD character and go pvp on their side for week or two and then come back and tell us about it.
    Edited by Blud on February 26, 2015 7:52AM