Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.3 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Champion System - Comprehensive Chart for PVE

Gyudan
Gyudan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Click the picture to get the full size version.

57Ut7Dr.png
ESO 1.6.1 - 09/02/15

How to read it:

Columns:
  • Constellations: 3 for each of the 3 Guardians (Warrior, Thief, Mage). You have to put roughly the same amount of points into each Guardian's constellations.
  • Ability: The first 4 of each constellation (darker color) are the passive abilities in which you can put champion points. the last 4 (lighter color) are unlocked by having 10, 30, 75 or 120 points into that constellation.
  • Description: ability tooltip as it is written in game.
  • Effectiveness of each ability for Magicka DPS, Stamina DPS, Healer and Tank respectively.
  • Comment if explications are needed

Ratings:
  • 0 stars: useless for said role
  • 1 star: may be considered
  • 2 stars: decent choice
  • 3 stars: solid choice
  • 4 stars: very good choice
  • 4 red stars: take it!

Feedback for @ZOS_MariaAliprando

Warrior Constellations
  • The Passives in which we get to spend points seem mostly useless for Magicka DPS, Stamina DPS and healers. They offer decent options after spending X points into a specific constellation but it's quite hard to decide where to put points among so many bad options.
  • Tanks have many good choices available.
  • Spell absorption: this seems very strong against boss unavoidable AOE in trials (Mantikora and Stone Atronach stomps for example).
  • Nourishing: Increasing the effectiveness of only health potions seems a bit useless for DPS and Healers. Why not also stamina/magicka with a reduced rate ?
  • Shield expert tooltip isn't very clear. It should specify that it affects the shield equipped by the player and not his spell shield (unless I got it wrong).
  • Suggestion: change one of the passives to Short Temper: Increases damage dealth by [x] % for 15 seconds after being resurrected. (could be in remplacement of "Spell Shield", that would be moved to the Mage)
  • Suggestion: switch "Thick Skinned" and "Nourishing" between the Lady and the Lord to let DPS/Healers put points into 2 different constellations instead of just one.

Thief constellations
  • This area seems very balanced. Every role can find useful abilities, mostly cost reduction and increased regeneration.
  • Non combat-related passives: Having all of them in one single tree seems a bit wrong.
  • Master gatherer: I haven't tested it but it seems a bit overpowered, especially since it can be used by a character that never goes into battle. (reduces gathering time by 50%)

Mage constellations
  • This is the opposite of the Warrior: there are many great abilities for DPS/Healers but the tanks can't really pick anything interesting.
  • Atronach: I don't really like the repartition of weapons, since it leaves the bow alone. I'd suggest 1) Heavy weapon expert (Greatsword, Maul, Battleaxe), 2) Assassination expert (Bow and dagger), 3) Dueling expert (Sword, Mace, Axe), 4 Staff expert (Destros and Resto staves) [need a better name instead of assassination]
  • Spell Precision and Exploiter seem extremely strong compared to other passives. Nerf pls. Some players have raised concerns about a huge gap between players with 89 and 90CPs because of those abilities.
  • Spell erosion and piercing: I've read very bad feedbacks about this (supposedly useless) passive but haven't tested it myself.
  • Last stand: does this stack with the ultimate generated by the buff triggered by light attacks? It seems a bit strange if it doesn't.
  • Suggestion: remove spell erosion and replace it with spell shield from the Steed, this would give tanks interesting options in the Mage.
  • Suggestion: remove piercing and replace it with something linked to physical damage reduction (not necessarily % armor increase) for the same reason.

Let me know if you notice any mistake or disagree about something specific.
Edited by Gyudan on February 9, 2015 12:53PM
Wololo.