The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

blackwater campaign

gresiac
gresiac
✭✭✭✭
hey all you pvpers

im tired of endgame pve/pvp im starting a new Nightblade
what level would be good to start going hardcore pvp in the non veteran campaign
i will play mostly solo

thank you
  • Workerdroid7
    Workerdroid7
    ✭✭✭
    Level 15 is the minimum, in my opinion - just so you have your 2nd bar. But, don't expect to dominate at this level, lol.
    -
    Why, out of curiosity, play solo? Even if you are a ganker, having a partner is super useful.
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I literally did this as well last night, jumped straight into Blackwater at lvl 10 and having a pile of fun.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gresiac wrote: »
    hey all you pvpers

im tired of endgame pve/pvp im starting a new Nightblade
    what level would be good to start going hardcore pvp in the non veteran campaign
    i will play mostly solo

thank you

I usually go into Blackwater at or around level 20. I feel at that point I have enough skill points to make a decent build.

• kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghostbane wrote: »
    I literally did this as well last night, jumped straight into Blackwater at lvl 10 and having a pile of fun.

Ghost, I saw you running around Blackwater last night (fire trebs FTW...) if your around tonight, might have to group up and have some decibel fun if you are up for it ;D

Loving this campaign, there's no lag to speak of, plenty of laughs and plenty of action.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• gresiac
    gresiac
    ✭✭✭✭
    so many yellows and reds there ^^
  • Observant
    Observant
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing BWB since level 10, I've gained 6 levels this past weekend alone and can now weapon swap B) Mah lil DK is growning up way too quickly.

I'm probably gonna push for Emp this week if the scores stay so low... I have 0/28 skill points and zero AOE, that'll be fun.

Does BE play anymore?
    Vehemence
  • crowfl56
    crowfl56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Reds as usual have high pvp lvl players already in very large numbers, with all their bat swarms flying everywhere. I see pvp lvl 15-20 and higher on the Reds side. So if you are Red you're pretty safe in Blackthorn. The Reds have just about given up on most server's because the get their behinds swatted soundly on the other severs by AD. They do have outstanding organizeing skills which does make them tough.
  • Observant
    Observant
    ✭✭✭✭
    crowfl56 wrote: »
    The Reds have just about given up on most server's because the get their behinds swatted soundly on the other severs by AD.

wut

Vehemence
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Observant wrote: »
    crowfl56 wrote: »
    The Reds have just about given up on most server's because the get their behinds swatted soundly on the other severs by AD.

wut

^
    Edited by tinythinker on February 9, 2015 2:29PM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • crowfl56
    crowfl56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not a wut, just a constant smack, and wack wack LOL. You guys are tough too, makes it much more fun.
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The EP on BWB have been great fun!
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Held them off from Alessia mine as long as we could, but the EP zerg was to much.

EP zerg is zergy
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps

• Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want a real challenge, roll DC on BB. They have like.. 10 players, not even kidding.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    If you want a real challenge, roll DC on BB. They have like.. 10 players, not even kidding.

Haha, will be leveling up a little bit but will joining you there.
    Duraeon / Maoh
    Former Emperor of Haderus, Trueflame, and Azura's Star
    PC/NA
  • laewrath
    laewrath
    Soul Shriven
    Crown a covenant emperor this day brothers you will be rewarded!
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    laewrath wrote: »

After I leveled out of Blackwater I was informed by my Covvie friend that a DC Emperor was crowned, this was back when DC had like 5 players active. I'm guessing they called in a guild but I was happy, when I played on BWB, EP was dominant to the point of gate camping, but DiG pushed for emperor the last day of the campaign and I got my DC buddies to help distract EP, and there I was. Level 43 emperor. :blush:
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • laewrath
    laewrath
    Soul Shriven
    Panda244 wrote: »

After I leveled out of Blackwater I was informed by my Covvie friend that a DC Emperor was crowned, this was back when DC had like 5 players active. I'm guessing they called in a guild but I was happy, when I played on BWB, EP was dominant to the point of gate camping, but DiG pushed for emperor the last day of the campaign and I got my DC buddies to help distract EP, and there I was. Level 43 emperor. :blush:

To my knowledge a DC emp has not been crowned for many months with the last being dark rubixy. It is time DC today is the day, draw support from guilds throughout the covenant. Let's make this campaign ours once more.
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »

Those blues are a good bunch, really enjoy fighting them. We had a resource we defended for about 2 hours, great PvP. Great NOM NOM too, but you don't play blackwater for AP IMO, you play it because it's genuinely fun.

Much respect to those blues, really like playing with you guys.
    Edited by kijima on February 10, 2015 1:44AM

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    im about to make a DC character. I am tired of playing the dominant faction(EP).

Plus there are some real d***s EP side I want the opportunity to kill.

If only DC's PvE zones did not suck.....:(
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody, AD's questlines are all pretty good, and we like killing EP ;D

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps

• Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    im about to make a DC character. I am tired of playing the dominant faction(EP).

Cody, come play AD with me! I'm a level 23 Sorceror; right now I'm just running around solo. Been having fun though!
  • laewrath
    laewrath
    Soul Shriven
    Psilent wrote: »

Cody, come play AD with me! I'm a level 23 Sorceror; right now I'm just running around solo. Been having fun though!

Unknown sorcerer?
  • Hughezy
    Hughezy
    ✭✭✭

WHY ARE YOU AD?
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Unknown sorcerer?

I would hope so, only started in the campaign two days ago!
    Hughezy wrote: »

WHY ARE YOU AD?

Why not?

• tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah when I first logged into BWB last night, after having been on Haderus (and a little on Chillrend) the past 4-5 days, it didn't look good. DC seemed a little disorganized and outnumbered while a group of mostly 40+ level EP were just zerging around Bleaker's using the outpost as an AP farm. Saw a good bit of snipe and even a couple of batswarms. I started thinking that despite getting some easier kills I might have more fun and get more AP back on Haderus.

Then DC got it together/got enough players in one place long enough to almost take Chalman and to actually take Bleakers before EP used its numbers advantage (it was consistently two bars AD, three bars EP, one bar DC as all of this was happening) to push Emp. In between the push at Chalman by DC and the EP Emp push were some instances of good open field fighting and some really fun pitched battles. Made me glad I stayed and to look forward to going back.

Basically, it's the same as any other campaign in the fact that you have to have populations close enough to each in other in size for the most competitiveness and fun. The more level playing field of BWB in terms of scaled attribute totals and such doesn't change that. I hope to see more people on later today/this evening.

Maybe we could post a thread on this forum for a "Lock the Pops" challenge for BWB, and invite PvP guilds and solo players to use or roll low level alts to get full populations for the campaign at a particular day and time. Would be interesting to see how playing with more even/balanced characters would effect the outcome and strategies, and whether this and having fewer abilities unlocked makes a difference in terms of latency. Plus it just sounds like something different for those tired or put off by the current state of things in AvA. Seems like there are a lot of players in that category.
    Edited by tinythinker on February 11, 2015 12:38PM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah when I first logged into BWB last night, after having been on Haderus (and a little on Chillrend) the past 4-5 days, it didn't look good. DC seemed a little disorganized and outnumbered while a group of mostly 40+ level EP were just zerging around Bleaker's using the outpost as an AP farm. Saw a good bit of snipe and even a couple of batswarms. I started thinking that despite getting some easier kills I might have more fun and get more AP back on Haderus.

Then DC got it together/got enough players in one place long enough to almost take Chalman and to actually take Bleakers before EP used its numbers advantage (it was consistently two bars AD, three bars EP, one bar DC as all of this was happening) to push Emp. In between the push at Chalman by DC and the EP Emp push were some instances of good open field fighting and some really fun pitched battles. Made me glad I stayed and to look forward to going back.

Basically, it's the same as any other campaign in the fact that you have to have populations close enough to each in other in size for the most competitiveness and fun. The more level playing field of BWB in terms of scaled attribute totals and such doesn't change that. I hope to see more people on later today/this evening.

Maybe we could post a thread on this forum for a "Lock the Pops" challenge for BWB, and invite PvP guilds and solo players to use or roll low level alts to get full populations for the campaign at a particular day and time. Would be interesting to see how playing with more even/balanced characters would effect the outcome and strategies, and whether this and having fewer abilities unlocked makes a difference in terms of latency. Plus it just sounds like something different for those tired or put off by the current state of things in AvA. Seems like there are a lot of players in that category.

Ive been a regular on BB since the campaign came out. Even was emp on EP in the first couple of cycles. One thing I learned a long time ago, is these guilds of twinked out super characters come and go, but they last about one cycle and then they are gone.

Because you inevitably level out, these wannabe emperor farmers figure out pretty quickly their efforts are mostly in vain (an emp on BB is actually a pretty rare and special event, because the guards make it very very hard to cap the ring if keeps are defended at all, there have only been a dozen or so total in six months), so they power level as much AP as they can and are gone the next week.

Its cyclical, and usually it flip flops between AD and EP. DC rarely has population anymore, but once you get a good long time in the campaign youll see that most of us are a pretty tight group of about 20-30 regs that have fought on different alts over the months, and a bunch of guesters/casuals that try to pop emp once in a while.

There are a lot of actually new players too. Reminds me of Beta days more than anything. Just dont let the twinks get ya down. There are some people in the game that just cant stand playing without some advantage.
    Edited by Rylana on February 11, 2015 1:04PM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with last couple posts. Over all the campaign is a lot more fun than I expected. I brought a non-VR toon here as an alternate way to level. It's working faster than I expected and I'm having a blast!
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roe mine and lumber was funny last night, thanks for the NOM's EP :D

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps

• Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping to get away from snipe in BWB. I was wrong.

A level 11 had snipe. Level 11!! How is that even possible?!? Then fighting to retake Alessia, almost all the defenders had snipe! Looks like Radiant magelight is going on the bar!
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EU Blackwater Blade is just amazing. I've never been too big on PvP, but I tried it again on my lvl 41 this saturday. Ended up enjoying it so much I played most of the time the past 5-6 days. Even led PUG raids throughout most of the days. Exhausting, but oh so fun.

Even got close to emperorship, but there's apparently an abdication timer (previous emperor hit vr1). Oh well, we had some absolutely epic sieges at those last few emperor keeps.

Now I'm VR1 and I miss the campaign already. Probably going to make an alt really soon.
    Edited by Valencer on February 13, 2015 2:50PM