The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Emperor

gresiac
gresiac
✭✭✭✭
Hi,
Is iT possible to get Emperor solo?
  • xylena
    xylena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not on thorn, but on the other camps sure, just stay awake for 2-3 days straight, wait for all d-ticks, and hope that you get lucky and your side flips the circle during your eso marathon
    Retired until we break the Tank Meta
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigh.. just. Go to this thread. Someone else asked about pretty much the same thing.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/150394/im-looking-for-tips-on-becoming-emperor#latest
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • laewrath
    laewrath
    Soul Shriven
    Yes, if your timing is right in a campaign other then thorn, (reset) or you can try non vet for emp. Be warned she is a hard mistress without a guild behind you.
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes as I just said in your other thread. Follow the Feng and Draq way and Ye shall receive the passives!
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, but only if you're experienced and know what you're doing.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • mjspnrb18_ESO
    mjspnrb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes as I just said in your other thread. Follow the Feng and Draq way and Ye shall receive the passives!

Oh dear...flashbacks :s
  • Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pfft, its all about who plays the most - the more you play the more points you get. Don't even have to be skilled. Just follow the mob and collect the ticks from taking/defending keeps and resources. The only hard part is you have to put in alot of hours.
  • EskimoBrother
    EskimoBrother
    ✭✭✭

Pfft, its all about who plays the most - the more you play the more points you get. Don't even have to be skilled. Just follow the mob and collect the ticks from taking/defending keeps and resources. The only hard part is you have to put in alot of hours.
    Wrong. This is the excuse noobs use when they can't get emp. Yes you have to put in a lot of time, but you can't just follow the zerg and expect to get emp. You need a good group and have to consistently find some fresh kills that are worth full AP, which you aren't gonna get if you're just following a zerg.
    Edited by EskimoBrother on February 6, 2015 4:48PM

-Clayton Bigsby
    -EskimoBrother

YogurtSlingerFC

• Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wrong. This is the excuse noobs use when they can't get emp. Yes you have to put in a lot of time, but you can't just follow the zerg and expect to get emp. You need a good group and have to consistently find some fresh kills that are worth full AP, which you aren't gonna get if you're just following a zerg.

If you follow the groups solo - you will gain more ap than being in the group. Just follow the good groups that is consistently finding fresh kills as you say and do it for 12 to 16 hours a day and you will find you self very high in the top ten list. There's really not much skill to this.
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A solid group of 6-8 can out AP farm any solo player or large group. Why do you think when NM was in its prime the top 15-20 was NM + it's barracks.
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A solid group of 6-8 can out AP farm any solo player or large group. Why do you think when NM was in its prime the top 15-20 was NM + it's barracks.

This implies you ran in groups of 15-20, not groups of 6-8.

We found that ~16 is the optimal group size for AP gain.
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • loki547
    loki547
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why do you think when NM was in its prime the top 15-20 was NM + it's barracks.

Those 8 days were indeed glorious

• Aoe_Barbecue
    Aoe_Barbecue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tripwyr wrote: »

Not when your eight struggled cuddled the teets off the server as hard as we did. It was legendary.
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A solo player can be out-farmed by a better solo player, you lose AP gain in a group, period. Only thing that groups can do better is farm larger numbers at resources/outposts. However, a solo sorcerer cannot be out-farmed. A sorcerer with a brain can negate a whole group at a keep and wipe them, and gobble up 30k AP in under 5 minutes because of it. Also, who cares about old guilds like NM, they all died. What they use to be capable of they aren't, relishing past accomplishments is silly, quit looking back and start trucking forward. :disagree:
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »

A solo player can be out-farmed by a better solo player, you lose AP gain in a group, period. Only thing that groups can do better is farm larger numbers at resources/outposts. However, a solo sorcerer cannot be out-farmed. A sorcerer with a brain can negate a whole group at a keep and wipe them, and gobble up 30k AP in under 5 minutes because of it. Also, who cares about old guilds like NM, they all died. What they use to be capable of they aren't, relishing past accomplishments is silly, quit looking back and start trucking forward. :disagree:

Games change, groups evolve. I wasn't relishing on anything, I'm simply stating a small solid group is unbeatable.
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »

Games change, groups evolve. I wasn't relishing on anything, I'm simply stating a small solid group is unbeatable.

A small solid group is solid, they can still be killed by any other group with functioning brains. Meatbag, pick off the healers if you can, then slaughter. I've run with very solid, semi-small groups before, around eight people generally all the time we ran together, mostly Templars, 1-2 DKs usually, and the rest were NBs, we had/have one or two Sorcs with us. That group was solid, awesome, and farmed AP, but we still got overwhelmed.

Small solid groups are awesome, and better in close quarters, but 8v20, one mishap and the 8 die. Easily.
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Back when The Elder Trolls ran we were in the top 10 spots by a mile over anyone els. The days of a single guild being able to control an entire campaign are over unless they are a full on zerg guild. Either way, in every competitive campaign I've played I've always done far better solo than in a group unless I was going up against overwhelming odds against an organized group.

Even in the days of Draq attaq and Fengrush who's oilpot extravaganzas you're so fond of I outgained either of them while solo throughout many days but usually I either joined the campaign late or didn't play as much for a time due to RL. The problem with group play is you can't always consistently find "group-worthy" AP where as a soloer you can pretty much always keep a steady supply of 900+ AP kills trickling in. Those "slow periods" are the main reason I prefer to solo.

Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Back when The Elder Trolls ran we were in the top 10 spots by a mile over anyone els. The days of a single guild being able to control an entire campaign are over unless they are a full on zerg guild. Either way, in every competitive campaign I've played I've always done far better solo than in a group unless I was going up against overwhelming odds against an organized group.

Even in the days of Draq attaq and Fengrush who's oilpot extravaganzas you're so fond of I outgained either of them while solo throughout many days but usually I either joined the campaign late or didn't play as much for a time due to RL. The problem with group play is you can't always consistently find "group-worthy" AP where as a soloer you can pretty much always keep a steady supply of 900+ AP kills trickling in. Those "slow periods" are the main reason I prefer to solo.

Shut up. You're a Sorc. You don't count. :smirk:

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• mjspnrb18_ESO
    mjspnrb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Back when The Elder Trolls ran we were in the top 10 spots by a mile over anyone els. The days of a single guild being able to control an entire campaign are over unless they are a full on zerg guild.

My guild currently holds the top spots of childrend by a mile with a consistent 12-16 man raid, a guild can control the AP gain of a campaign as long as they know how to do it
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

what are you talking about? it does not imply that in any way. can you seriously not figure out why this makes sense?
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

what are you talking about? it does not imply that in any way. can you seriously not figure out why this makes sense?

So they ran groups of 6-8 but magically 15-20 people gained AP from it? Yeah this further reinforces the fact that No Mercy ran trials in a separate group so they could claim they weren't in the group.

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • Hughezy
    Hughezy
    ✭✭✭

So they ran groups of 6-8 but magically 15-20 people gained AP from it? Yeah this further reinforces the fact that No Mercy ran trials in a separate group so they could claim they weren't in the group.

Or maybe it was because there were different people in those groups and it wasn't the same 6-8 people.
    Edited by Hughezy on February 8, 2015 7:59PM
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Back when The Elder Trolls ran we were in the top 10 spots by a mile over anyone els. The days of a single guild being able to control an entire campaign are over unless they are a full on zerg guild.

My guild currently holds the top spots of childrend by a mile with a consistent 12-16 man raid, a guild can control the AP gain of a campaign as long as they know how to do it
    Lemme guess... farming low rank casuals on a notorious buff server, amirite? :trollface:

Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
    Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
    Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hughezy wrote: »

Or maybe it was because there were different people in those groups and it wasn't the same 6-8 people.

There actually isn't a maybe here, we already knew they ran a separate trial group, they just deny it actually happened.

Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

• Hughezy
    Hughezy
    ✭✭✭

There actually isn't a maybe here, we already knew they ran a separate trial group, they just deny it actually happened.

A seperate trial group for the barrack's members?
  • Aoe_Barbecue
    Aoe_Barbecue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are categorically wrong. We did not run separate barracks groups in tandem with an NM main group. The barracks played with the main group, save certain instances were we played NM only groups and let the barracks folks do as they pleased.

You wouldn't happen to be a 9/11 truther, would you?
  • Hughezy
    Hughezy
    ✭✭✭

You are categorically wrong. We did not run separate barracks groups in tandem with an NM main group. The barracks played with the main group, save certain instances were we played NM only groups and let the barracks folks do as they pleased.

You wouldn't happen to be a 9/11 truther, would you?

This all the way, I was in the barracks and whenever I played with them there was only one group.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hope not
  • EskimoBrother
    EskimoBrother
    ✭✭✭

What?? Don't turn into Columba with the conspiracies man. When I was in barracks it was either with the main group or off doing our own thing.

-Clayton Bigsby
    -EskimoBrother

YogurtSlingerFC

• Gooey
    Gooey
    ✭✭✭

No. Just... no. Please do not talk about a topic that you are not educated about please and thank you.