Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

ZOS, will you address population caps?

• WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We cannot give specific numbers as to population caps and what each bar means, however here is a graph of Thornblade's (US) recent population which echos the statement above regarding the populations of each Alliance within that campaign:

96b03fe1e7587194c7348f7cdb7829.jpg

Without values or % of capacity for each alliance, the graph doesn't really tell us anything we don't already know. But thanks for acknowledging the issues. Now lets fix DC (or any underdog).
    Options
  • The_Death_Princess
    The_Death_Princess
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for supporting my argument with that graph. There are methods to control the advantage red has, specifically in making it harder to take keeps that are static. 10 to 15 players should not be able to solo a keep..... I did it the other day with 8 players, on two keeps.
    Astaria Dødfurstinna
    Official Hunter Community Lead DAOC
    (Pendragon Beta through Catacombs release)
    Look at this but dont QQ: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/hfxYcf
    Options
  • StihlReign
    StihlReign
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler Perhaps the simplest solution (in theory, not from a programming perspective) is to have keeps and guard difficulty scale for the underdog.

The bonus to them should be wall HP and guard HP.

Lower HP on offense, higher on defense. This would balance the PvP siege aspect of the game for the lower population Alliance.

Perhaps 1 hour interval polling.
    "O divine art of subtlety and secrecy!

Through you we learn to be invisible, through you inaudible; and hence we can hold the enemy’s fate in our hands.” – Ch. VI, v. 8-9. — Master Sun Tzu

"You haven't beaten me you've sacrificed sure footing for a killing stroke." — Ra's al Ghul

He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not, will be victorious — Master Sun Tzu

LoS
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Campaigns are on the chopping block until we change the current lock out mechanics keeping characters from different alliances on single accounts from being assigned to the same campaign.
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler if no campaigns are on the chopping block, would you consider doing a full campaign reset some time, which would reset not only the scoreboard but also all keeps and everyone's campaign assignments? (This would have to occur at the "end" of a campaign so no score progress is lost.) This would give people a reason to join other campaigns and would [ideally] redistribute everyone more evenly again.
    Regarding lock-outs, it would be good if it was possible to unassign yourself from a campaign completely (for the same cost and lockout time as a normal campaign change), essentially becoming assigned to "None" like a new Level 10 player.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • BllyDnsr
    BllyDnsr
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BrianWheeler A question and a suggestion:

1) On May 21, late evening, my group of 4 DC players tried to get into Scourge. We only had 2 bars of population, EP only had 2 bars but AD was maxed out. We ended up having to wait in queue for about 10 minutes, gave up and solo'd into the campaign individually. Why? Do other factions' population take over our unused space in the campaign if we're not in there?

2) To balance out the campaigns, I'd like to suggest an actual underdog buff. I know that you guys have an underdog buff that gives people extra AP and more points at the end of the campaign - that does not help fighting the war. If the emperor/empress and their faction have such superhero strengths and buffs, then it would hold that the underdog (faction with the least points) should have a buff to even out their odds. This could even be done in different levels. Maybe the faction who has been pushed to their gates get a loyalty boost that grants them major savagery (because everyone fights harder on their home turf, right?) or something along those lines.
    Guildmaster of Obsidian Covenant.
    Options