The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

3 Most annoying bugs introduced AFTER release that just won't go away

• maryriv
    maryriv
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ace_SiN wrote: »
    1. Being kicked off of my horse randomly or when I first call it.

This bug was introduced in 2.0.5, and a fix is slated for Monday's 2.0.7 incremental patch.

Thanks for the reply that will be a relief. Lets hope they fix lots of these bugs after console release.
  • Lord_Kreegan
    Lord_Kreegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have filed hundreds of bug reports since Beta...

I have ONE major gripe, and that's the lack of responsiveness of the game.

Skills don't fire consistently. Weapons don't swap consistently. Light attacks and heavy attacks don't fire consistently. The infamous Q-wheel doesn't let you drink potions consistently (my record so far is pressing "Q" 22 times with no damn response).

If players' expectations for performance are never met and the game is consistently inconsistent, then ipso facto the game is unplayable, no matter how much we compensate in our own personal playing techniques. We should never have to compensate for inadequacies in game performance.

The game wasn't ready for release a year ago... and STILL isn't ready. They need a new engine.
    Edited by Lord_Kreegan on April 26, 2015 12:45PM
  • qsnoopyjr
    qsnoopyjr
    ✭✭✭✭
    SoulScream wrote: »
    relog to get mail, wait i think that has been since beta?

guild bank will not load every time, has that been since beta too?

That is one of the things I strongly think should get fixed.

Why do I have to ZONE out or reclogged to get what I purchased from guild traders???
    Whoever thought of getting what you bought from guild trader in the mail must have been on something.
    They should just hand it to me and none of this, comes in the mail.
    Edited by qsnoopyjr on April 25, 2015 10:33PM
  • RSram
    RSram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The white box in cyrodiil is STILL there very absorbtion breaking. Id rather not have the flag capture icons if this ugly huge white box persists....

That's your companion cube. Treat it with respect.
  • capcody
    capcody
    ✭✭✭
    when in pvp when i try and tabb a guy who is hiding behind seige. when that player is killed i can no longer attack any 1.. have to reload ui to get it back. happens when i use bow
  • Forztr
    Forztr
    ✭✭✭✭
    My current 3 bugs

1) Banker in Daggerfall sometimes not spawning. I can see a crowd but I can't see/interact with the banker they're all talking too. Relog fixes it.

2) Skills not working also applies to transit shrines in Cyrodill. Fix is to roll a few times, swap weapon or die.

3) Siege equipment being placed and then not being usable.
  • qsnoopyjr
    qsnoopyjr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ironic how people post not the same bug over and over again, but different bugs.

How many bugs does this game have? LOL

Funny, watching Francis video, in his rage he suggested this game be renamed to Buggy mc bug house... That was 11 months ago!
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. Block casting
    2. Shield stacking
    3. animation cancelation

Like I'm sure it's been reported and /bug over and over again yet it seems to never get patched. Why ZoS ? Why are you ignoring game breaking bugs like these ? Did you leave these bug in on purpose cause you though it increased players effectiveness but in real life it's a broken and abused bug that's killing them game. It's ok if you though it helped ZoS but it doesn't so please ZoS get rid of these 3 game breaking bugs.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ace_SiN wrote: »
    1. Being kicked off of my horse randomly or when I first call it.

This bug was introduced in 2.0.5, and a fix is slated for Monday's 2.0.7 incremental patch.

excellent.

so what about the tormenting loading screens? or are those already fixed and am i just unlucky?

or is it the wrath of the glorious panda coming down upon us all?
  • maryriv
    maryriv
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Block casting
    2. Shield stacking
    3. animation cancelation

Like I'm sure it's been reported and /bug over and over again yet it seems to never get patched. Why ZoS ? Why are you ignoring game breaking bugs like these ? Did you leave these bug in on purpose cause you though it increased players effectiveness but in real life it's a broken and abused bug that's killing them game. It's ok if you though it helped ZoS but it doesn't so please ZoS get rid of these 3 game breaking bugs.

These are not bugs, they are integral parts of the combat system and one of the things that makes TESO so engaging and unique, they don't need to be changed.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Sorc pets that simply stop reacting - seems worse than ever
    2. Action bar buttons that simply stop working - worst class for me NB, Teleport seems especially likely to trigger it
    3. Infinite loading screens - initial logon, character load, zone load, and the new one: intra-zonal loading screens that never end!

Been that way since first day of release, no sign of any serious attempt to fix.
    Edited by KerinKor on April 26, 2015 12:22PM
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    maryriv wrote: »
    1. Block casting
    2. Shield stacking
    3. animation cancelation

These are not bugs, they are integral parts of the combat system and one of the things that makes TESO so engaging and unique, they don't need to be changed.

That's the joke and yes they d need to change cause cause there broken and clearly abused to the point of no one dieing.
  • vichoi
    vichoi
    ✭✭✭
    1. cannt use wayshire or door after dead, if dodge roll don't fix it, you need to relog.

2. cannot swap weapon.

3. bugs with teleport skills, e.g. Charge skill, bolt escape

Those bugs are most annoying, usually make me hit the QUIT button.
    however, the lag after patch 1.6 in Cyrodiil is a deal breaker, i've cancelled by sub because of the lag.
    i'm happy to pay for a monthly fee for a only few hours gaming every week, but most of the time i'm just loggin, lag, crash, long loading screen and crash again.
  • Froggmann5
    Froggmann5
    ✭✭✭
    Uviryth wrote: »
    Horses sprinting indefinitely if you continue pressing shift, effectively rendering horse-endurance useless.

This is a feature. Zos addressed it way early on.
  • Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Textures not loading intermittently!
    bg30v6.jpg
    @AuldjohnThe Elder Sages' GuildMaster Sage & Co-Founderfacebook.com/groups/theeldersagesguild
    "Old gamers never die; they just respawn and game on!" • Our Slogan: Have Fun!!

Moot Envoy • Tamriel Foundry Adept • Steam ID Auldjohn
    YouTube auldjohnmastersage • Twitch AuldjohnPCGamer• Steam Group TESGs
  • qsnoopyjr
    qsnoopyjr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish there was some unkillable, unstopable, xp like crazy, stuff that BENEFITS YOU bugs that still remained...

Oooh wait, if there was such a bug it'd get fixed ASAP!!!

While bugs like NPCs not showing,
    Bugs like, game crashing for no reason
    Bugs like, objects in the world not showing
    Bugs like, zoning screen coming out of nowhere
    Bugs like those..... They dont fix ASAP!!! They fix [implement your favorite excuse word here].
    Edited by qsnoopyjr on April 27, 2015 12:36AM
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Cyrodil Lag. Yep, it's a bug. Just a huge one that involves the game core.
    2. Getting stuck in sneak and not being able to do anything until you run your stamina out.
    3. Getting stuck in sprint while on your horse and not being able to do anything until you mash Shift enough to come outta sprint.
    4. Getting stuck in combat in Cyrodil
    5. Animation Canceling, allowing Macroers to get off many skills in seconds.
    6. Logging in and out to get Book Shelves and containers to reset. Now includes stealable items such as weapons on weapon racks.
  • maryriv
    maryriv
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bouvin wrote: »
    1. Cyrodil Lag. Yep, it's a bug. Just a huge one that involves the game core.
    2. Getting stuck in sneak and not being able to do anything until you run your stamina out.
    3. Getting stuck in sprint while on your horse and not being able to do anything until you mash Shift enough to come outta sprint.
    4. Getting stuck in combat in Cyrodil
    5. Animation Canceling, allowing Macroers to get off many skills in seconds.
    6. Logging in and out to get Book Shelves and containers to reset. Now includes stealable items such as weapons on weapon racks.

4 Is valid and been stated several times as one of the worst "bugs" but I'm pretty sure it was around during beta.

5 and 6 aren't considered bugs but yes they can and are abused, imo ZOS should just ban people who use macros for the purpose of animation cancelling.

1-3 are all as a result of lag, and not to sound snarky but, I don't experience any lag except with certain small groups in AvA when they come in doing their meteors and valkyr set procs intentionally lagging others out but not themselves. Also should be bannable imho.
  • Lilarna
    Lilarna
    ✭✭✭
    It seems that there is a gap in our gaming experiences. I really envy those who suffer bugs related to the beard or piercings of their characters, or the fact that a white square appears on a flag, or that some place remains undiscovered on the map. :smile:

The bugs we experience in pvp are haunting and constant, popping up every 5 to 15 minutes and impairing our gameplay.

1. Stuck in combat in Cyrodiil (happening all the time, lasting for 5+mn, ...).
    2. Unresponsive weapon swap. Though, I must say it's better since 1.6 so something has changed there.
    3. Setting siege in Cyrodiil and being unable to aim with it, or with the siege shooting automatically, or even not being usable at all.

And these, who feel like fresh rain in the desert in comparison :
    4. Reviving in a keep and being unable to use a door to come out of it. Sometimes a weaponswap will fix it, but not always.
    5. Every first transitus port in a new Cyrodiil campaign is a very long loading screen.
    6. There being no guild store available in Cyrodiil.

For this bug :
    3. Getting stuck in sprint while on your horse and not being able to do anything until you mash Shift enough to come outta sprint :
    => hit the Crown Store, and your problem is solved.
    Housing contest: Gold Road Visions. https://discord.gg/us8aU9xQgx
    Lilarna - Wabbajack EU campaign nostalgic
    My Twitch Channel at LiLandChill: https://www.twitch.tv/lilandchill
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yay games finished with the patch, now for the 20 minute load screen to get into the game...

Random lag spikes.

Still and by far the worst and since launch as well, the; I'm in combat however I can't use any skills to fight back......
  • Xinz'r
    Xinz'r
    ✭✭✭
    Horses sprinting indefinitely if you continue pressing shift, effectively rendering horse-endurance useless.

+1
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    JOIN BLACKROSE CARTEL!
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • maryriv
    maryriv
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xinz'r wrote: »

+1

How many times does ZoS and other players have to tell you that this is not a bug before you get it?

You use Horse Stamina when you sprint your horse, if you have no stamina any hit will knock you off your horse.

Simple.
  • omegatay_ESO
    omegatay_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    In truth, and with all due respect to Zenimax, the game was not ready. ESO should of been released around now with the console players included. The truth, they needed us PC beta testers to iron things out. The game is a lot better than it was at release. What burns me is the fact they made us pay to beta test, and for that alone they should of gave us much more free crowns than they did.

Bugs are bugs though. There will always be bugs. But there are still bugs that have been around since release and I do not understand why? Zenimax knows what they are, there constantly being brought up on the forums. I just wish they would get them fixed.
  • EskimoBrother
    EskimoBrother
    ✭✭✭
    Combat bug! Getting stuck in combat for extended periods of time. Even after death, I end up having to walk halfway to my destination before it lets me mount.

-Clayton Bigsby
    -EskimoBrother

YogurtSlingerFC

• yotanut
    yotanut
    ✭✭✭
    The "Buy Multiple" option at a vendor bugs out. If you use this option, it appears to work fine. However, after the purchase if you click on Map or any other menu, it defaults your view to cursor mode, and you have to continue to manually toggle it back into game mode. This bug has been here since launch, and still no fix.

Workaround: Relog.

Update from Patch Notes 2.0.7. Thank you, finally!

Fixed an issue where you could not re-enter reticle mode after using “Buy Multiple” at a vendor.
    Edited by yotanut on April 27, 2015 2:08PM
  • omegatay_ESO
    omegatay_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haha.. Funny, or just stupid on MY part. Had this happen a few times and raged because I could not figure out what key or keys I had pressed to cause it to happen. Come to find out, a bug.. sighs... haha...
    yotanut wrote: »
    The "Buy Multiple" option at a vendor bugs out. If you use this option, it appears to work fine. However, after the purchase if you click on Map or any other menu, it defaults your view to cursor mode, and you have to continue to manually toggle it back into game mode. This bug has been here since launch, and still no fix.

Workaround: Relog.

Update from Patch Notes 2.0.7. Thank you, finally!

Fixed an issue where you could not re-enter reticle mode after using “Buy Multiple” at a vendor.

• AngersRevenge
    AngersRevenge
    ✭✭✭

That's actually the way the horses are supposed to work. You can sprint forever with a horse. You can only be knocked off if your horse has no stamina. Try it. Sit on your horse in a lowbie zone and get hit. You will never be knocked off if your horse has stamina. As soon as you get hit when your horse has no stamina you instantly get knocked off. It's working as intended.

As for my annoying bugs.

1. Getting stuck in the Templar's Focused Charge animation for 20 to 30 seconds. Patch 2.0.6 was supposed to fix this but it didn't.

2. Group finder taking 5 hours to form a group.

3. The Aldmeri Dominon. They are annoying, right, or is it just me.
    Edited by AngersRevenge on April 27, 2015 5:17PM
    A true warrior never reveals his heart. Until the axe rips it from his chest.
  • maryriv
    maryriv
    ✭✭✭✭

That's actually the way the horses are supposed to work. You can sprint forever with a horse. You can only be knocked off if your horse has no stamina. Try it. Sit on your horse in a lowbie zone and get hit. You will never be knocked off if your horse has stamina. As soon as you get hit when your horse has no stamina you instantly get knocked off. It's working as intended.

As for my annoying bugs.

1. Getting stuck in the Templar's Focused Charge animation for 20 to 30 seconds. Patch 2.0.6 was supposed to fix this but it didn't.

I do believe they fixed the Templar charge now, yes the group finding is annoying and has not worked for months now.

AD has all the most convenient and easiest towns and questing making it much faster to level in and they generally have a very large population in AvA. This isn't a bug as much as it is design favouritism.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As for my annoying bugs.

I do believe they fixed the Templar charge now, yes the group finding is annoying and has not worked for months now.

AD has all the most convenient and easiest towns and questing making it much faster to level in and they generally have a very large population in AvA. This isn't a bug as much as it is design favouritism.

No it is still not fixed. Here are my three, which I experience on a daily basis, several times usually:

1. Templar stuck in charge animation (although it CAN happen with any charge)

2. Stuck in combat after death and respawn.

3. Not being able to use doors/transitus after death and respawn.
  • maryriv
    maryriv
    ✭✭✭✭

As for my annoying bugs.

No it is still not fixed. Here are my three, which I experience on a daily basis, several times usually:

1. Templar stuck in charge animation (although it CAN happen with any charge)

2. Stuck in combat after death and respawn.

3. Not being able to use doors/transitus after death and respawn.

Oh that bites, yeah I hate that charge bug so annoying.

Are you sure 2 and 3 aren't the same issue?

I think a perfect fix for this would be just allow people to do ANYTHING during combat. If you want to stop and try and go in a door then someone attacking you can just fear you or CC you in some way. Same with mounting a horse, someone hitting you would interrupt your horse summon so why make it so you can't do things in combat it just doesn't make sense and causes all sorts of problems.
This discussion has been closed.