The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I have a solution for Critical Surge ICD :

Brasseurfb16_ESO
Brasseurfb16_ESO
✭✭✭✭
Hi guys,

I have been testing PTS and checked the forums and I have seen some major concerns about Critical Surge healing.

The internal cooldown (or ICD) is a solution the Devs found to prevent sorcerers to get to much healing with the new changes to AoE caps in PvP. But by doing this they also made the skill very unreliable because any crits you do will trigger an ICD and prevent any further healing for 1sec, so if the Sorcerer uses damage over time abilities or sustained AoE they will greatly suffer in sustain because if any of those strikes are a critical hit it will heal them for very low amounts and interfere with their stronger damaging abilities.

This is a very big issue, because sorcerers don't have many options to recover from damage effectively and critical surge is a very important tool in some builds for passive sustain.

To recover from this future mistake, I have found a solution that could definitly fix this coming issue.

Solution :
Critical Surge keeps buffing the sorcerer but now also creates a stacking pool (self buff) which heals the sorcerer over 5sec each time he deals a critical strike. Any following critical hits done by the sorcerer refreshes the pool and adds its extra healing value to the remaining healing value left in the pool. (the healing value from the pool can't exceed 50% of the sorcerers maximum health)

By making this change, the sorcerer will build his sustain over the course of the fight by making EVERY crit count. But his sustain will also never exceed 10% of his maximum health per second, preventing heavy AoE situations where the sorcerer would otherwise recover his entire health with a single skill spam.

Would this change be acceptable for you guys?

Edited by Brasseurfb16_ESO on January 31, 2015 8:13PM
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks okay, but don't think that's why ZoS placed the GCD on it. Worked it out in my head the reason why though.
  • Mantic0r3
    Mantic0r3
    ✭✭✭
    the cd is 0.25 if you use dots you can have up to 4 heals/sec your dots cant do that little dmg that you wont notice the heal
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By making this change, the sorcerer will build his sustain over the course of the fight by making EVERY crit count. But his sustain will also never exceed 10% of his maximum health per second, preventing heavy AoE situations where the sorcerer would otherwise recover his entire health with a single skill spam.
    Would this change be acceptable for you guys?

An easier way to handle this would be to update critical surge with the same healing effect that the Nightblade Spell Strife has but only for the caster. Strife heals player and two nearby allies for 30% of the damage inflicted every 2 seconds for 10 seconds. If they are doing 800 DPS they would get a 480 heal every 2 seconds for 10 seconds. That would really help Sorcerers out since they don't have any class spells that are instant heals but neither does a Nightblade.
    NA Server - Kildair