The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

CP Point Progression Rate?

randolphbenoit
randolphbenoit
✭✭✭✭
If I played 1 hour a day how long will it take to reach 3600 CP's?
the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    never. you'll have moved on to another game long before you reach 3600 CP's.
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, you'd be enlightened, so you could maybe get 1 cp in that hour.

So 3600 days. Or about 10 years.

Have fun grinding for the next 10 years.
  • Sazakala
    Sazakala
    ✭✭
    Bouvin wrote: »
    Well, you'd be enlightened, so you could maybe get 1 cp in that hour.

So 3600 days. Or about 10 years.

Have fun grinding for the next 10 years.

I'm all for some buff to CP gains but the thing is that you'll never actually need 3600 CPs. You don't use staves, bows, blunt and blade weapons at the same time. You don't wear all types of armor at the same time. In PvE I don't expect bosses to crit. And so on...

Resetting CPs is actually very cheap right now on PTS. I hope it will not get much more expensive on live either.
    Edited by Sazakala on January 31, 2015 6:02PM
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    10 years? That is overkill!
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • DeathDealer19
    DeathDealer19
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah but the real point is that 400k XP for 1 CP is insane and way too high. we already have another thread about this so I wont get started again. But yeah as Sazakala said, you wont ever need to put a CP in every star. Its just like skill points. You cant have everything unlocked at once.
    @DeathDealer19

GM of We Wipe On Trash
    NA Server AD Faction
    VR14 High Elf Templar
    VR14 High Elf Dragonknight
    VR14 High Elf Sorcerer
    VR14 Imperial Dragonknight
    VR9 Bosmer Nightblade
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did the math and it worked out at something like 1,440,000,000 EXP.

Assuming you're gaining them at 400,000 EXP a point (as is PTS right now), so don't expect to get them all any time soon. :disagree:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."