The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What happened to all this stuff in this Quakecon video?

jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LkeMacg-b0

Specifically when will we see the Imperial City?
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are selling boxes now. Expect stuff like spellcrafting and possibly the IC in an expansion. I hope the IC will be before then, but yeah...
    Edited by TheBull on January 31, 2015 4:31PM
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #song.....Your telling lies, your lips are moving. ;)
    Being First is not the prize, it just mean's everyone can stab you in the back.
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TheBull wrote: »
    They are selling boxes now. Expect stuff like spellcrafting and possibly the IC in an expansion. I hope the IC will be before they, but yeah...

On ESO live yesterday they said they aren't currently working on spell crafting. Don't hold your breath.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'll pay for the Imperial City if that means we get it faster.
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »
    They are selling boxes now. Expect stuff like spellcrafting and possibly the IC in an expansion. I hope the IC will be before they, but yeah...

On ESO live yesterday they said they aren't currently working on spell crafting. Don't hold your breath.
    Yep I heard it too. They still plan to get back to it, but "the champ system & justice" became the priority. This is why I said most likely it's expansion material.

• jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yep I heard it too. They still plan to get back to it, but "the champ system & justice" became the priority. This is why I said most likely it's expansion material.

Other than the pvp aspect which isnt here yet and maybe wont be I dont see how the justice system should have taken much development time.
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sitting through an hour and a half video of ESO PR fabrications, untruths and lies. Sorry. I'm sure it is very informative though. :-)
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭

more like they need to re-design it to suit the cash shop ;)
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial city will be sold as a separate pack in 2037 when they finish it.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Now I didnt watch this entire thing again but was Hrothgar (the solo friendly pve area they mentioned) in this video? Is that still a plan or is it like spellcrafting?
  • ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's all going to be repackaged and sold to us as DLC, despite the fact our subs have already paid for it.

Guess the timelines are being extended too, was hoping all of this stuff would've gone live prior to this year's Quake Con, leaving them to announce another 12 months of new content (after all let's face it, there is only 12 months of new release content in that vid at the most).
    Allow cross-platform transfers and merges
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What do you mean what happened to the stuff in the Quake Con Video? It's still in the Quake Con video of course.
    Edited by timidobserver on January 31, 2015 5:35PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• joshisanonymous
    joshisanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did you think all of that was going to come out within 6 months of Quakecon? I'm a bit confused. They're working on this stuff. It takes time, particularly if you want it to be good. And, it's probably best if they don't release the whole Justice System, Champion System, and Spell Crafting System, all at the same time, or even within a month or two of each other. Can you imagine the havoc of trying to balance all of that at once? Even releasing the Imperial City at the same time as any of the other new systems sounds pretty rough to balance, even just because of the amount of resources and focus it takes to make sure something new is working well.
    Fedrals / EP / Dunmer Nightblade

• ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No but the 12 months between that event and the next isn't an unreasonable expectation for the volume of stuff announced.
    Allow cross-platform transfers and merges
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Did you think all of that was going to come out within 6 months of Quakecon? I'm a bit confused. They're working on this stuff. It takes time, particularly if you want it to be good. And, it's probably best if they don't release the whole Justice System, Champion System, and Spell Crafting System, all at the same time, or even within a month or two of each other. Can you imagine the havoc of trying to balance all of that at once? Even releasing the Imperial City at the same time as any of the other new systems sounds pretty rough to balance, even just because of the amount of resources and focus it takes to make sure something new is working well.

I think its cute how you believe they just started working on that stuff at quakecon.
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We got told last year that Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild would be coming at some point.

We've heard nothing since.

I don't believe a word anyone from ZOS spews forth. We won't be getting any content updates for a while, I doubt we'll see one this year.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt we see anything like that either. Its going to be well after the console release. I just hope IC is done but not packaged into a DLC to be sold or needs minor polish.
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are probably wishing this QuakeCon video would disappear.
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, I don't see any mention of a Crown Shop or F2P (B2P if you want the lipstick on a pig version).
  • djyrb
    djyrb
    ✭✭✭
    Xabien wrote: »
    No but the 12 months between that event and the next isn't an unreasonable expectation for the volume of stuff announced.

Especially considering at that time, the 4-6 week release schedule was still on the table.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Im not trying to rub it in their face. I just want to know what if anything has changed since then. Other than the obvious b2p thing. Are we still getting this stuff? Is there a time table for the pvp aspect of the justice system? Is the IC still a plan and if so what kind of time table are we looking at? That kind of thing.
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sindala wrote: »

more like they need to re-design it to suit the cash shop ;)

online3.png

• Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll be getting it. Just not until it's out on release, that way they can charge console players for it as DLC.

It's pretty obvious they've been withholding content from paying subscribers so that they could charge for it as DLC once the game hits console.
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you'll probably find the 'bean counters' at Zos are gonna wait to see how the game is taken by the console crew before they allocate any more cash to game development.
    The console kids like to talk but when it comes down to it, will it be the big hit Zos thinks it will be? Will they even come? You like them are waiting to see.
    If box sales are pretty poor then they will prob just call time on the game as it will then have flopped on all formats and will be a new industry standard of how to fail a massive title.
  • jeevin
    jeevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bouvin wrote: »
    You'll be getting it. Just not until it's out on release, that way they can charge console players for it as DLC.

It's pretty obvious they've been withholding content from paying subscribers so that they could charge for it as DLC once the game hits console.

My thoughts exactly. It really irks me how dodgy Zos has been about so many decisions with this game. So crooked.
  • Haxnschwammer
    Haxnschwammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe at the time of Quakecon they believed that stuff, maybe they were
    actually working on that. But now they have only two priorities:
    1. Get more money(by selling to consoles)
    2. Get more money(through cash shop)

They announced there won't be any update until after console launch.
    That means June. And they will wait until most of them played through it at least
    once. When they cry for more stuff they will ad the first new zone to the shop.
    I guess we can expect to be invited to buy our new content, we paid for with our subs, in august. Then next one in october and then the big christmas
    update with santa hats for everyone...
    Once I was a healer. Then I took a Wrobel to the knee.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are selling boxes now. Expect stuff like spellcrafting and possibly the IC in an expansion. I hope the IC will be before then, but yeah...

My issue is that I paid for this game for a year because I wanted Imperial City / Spellcrafting / Dark Brotherhood / Thieves' Guild / etc. I continued supporting ZOS so that they could make the game they talked about.

Now that was a complete waste and I will get to pay even more for all of those things.

And the game they talked about is being completely gutted for a different game. A grindfest game.
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to be honest though, I take back the stuff I said about Mr Sage in earlier posts.
    It's clear now when you see him that his 'zest' for the game has been beaten out by the suits. He's almost just going through the motions now.
    F2P definitely wasn't his idea and I bet he feels worse about it than we do. It's clear he has been blocked from his vision by the corporate suits at every turn.
  • RazielSR
    RazielSR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When is gonna people understand that ALL WAS A LIE?

ZoS knew all this from the very beginning. Don't know if Sage, MAtt, etc, etc but I really think the main people in this company knew.

They will continue doing the same, until the game goes f2p more or less fall this year.
    Fall 2016, they will have milked console players too (the same they've done with us PC players). Even moderators here won't be the same. Maybe, nor the developers,collaborators you see in videos now. The team won't be the same Some of them will jump to other companies and will join/start a new mmo.

Good thing is that fall 2016-2017 TES VI will be out, I guess.

Meanwhile, people, play the game for free after 17/3 when you feel like, and spend the crowns they are gonna give you as a present for your loyalty o_O
    Edited by RazielSR on January 31, 2015 8:17PM
  • killedbyping
    killedbyping
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why does employees at Director level says things like "we heard it at places like reddit".
    You have *** OFFICIAL forum. Why you support ANYTHING (specialy reddit) but not your own forum ?
    Edited by killedbyping on February 1, 2015 1:52AM