The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please Help.... Keep getting dropped from game randomly with no apparent reason.

Dazmilan09
IDK why but, mid play doing random things i will get dropped from the game for whatever reason. I do not know the cause. I don't think it's my net because my internet has been diagnosed and there are no apparent problems. So, has anyone else experienced this? What was your problem???
  • SoonerMagicEE
    SoonerMagicEE
    ✭✭✭
    If you're using wifi, try using a direct connection and see if that fixes the problem. If you're already on a direct connection, try disabling EVERY SINGLE ADDON you have and see if that fixes it (if it does, use some problem solving to figure out which addon or addons is/are the problem). Otherwise, we'd need a lot more information (complete system specs, modem & router brand/model, ISP name & connection type/speed, etc). Also, what exactly do you mean your connection was "diagnosed"? If your ISP checked it and says it's good, that means nothing. Have you done your own testing on it?
  • SoonerMagicEE
    SoonerMagicEE
    ✭✭✭
    Another thing....what are your ping times in-game like? Are they consistent around some value? Are they "normal" and then spike right before you disconnect?
  • Jaxsun
    Jaxsun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this accompanied by an error message from the server?
  • Xylphae
    Xylphae
    Soul Shriven
    The player isn't the only one getting this issue. I'll be playing the game and run through town when suddenly a zone loading screen pops up real quick and my character is about 5 seconds behind. I been getting this latency all day. It has nothing to do with internet settings or personal internet. Yesterday, played the game, just fine, didn't change anything from yesterday. No problems until today.

I know players are trying to help, appreciated! But, something is causing latency for some of the players.

-Random Log offs ( Some with disconnected errors, others with no error)

-Latency spikes 10+ seconds

- Random loading screen taking your character back several seconds from where you were (Latency issue of course)

Anyways! Looking around for more clues here or the interwebs!
  • Dazmilan09
    Yeah i had net issues which were causing latency problems. I "diagnosed" the issue and fixed it. But, this problem persists. I'm beginning to think it's add-ons, so I begun removing some. Started with shopkeeper, which I've been getting error messages with anyways. Aside from that, when I get kicked out goes straight to login screen with no error message, or any message for that matter. Very odd.
  • Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    West Coast Comcast User by any chance? Look at the support forums.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a slightly slower/older computer and especially when I'm in a relatively new area or am newly logged in, it's not a good idea to run anywhere really fast, much less ride a horse. First I notice fuzzy stuff, then if I persist, I get a loading screen again. The longer I play (and presumably the more of the 'world' has loaded) the less this happens.

One memorable time, I walked into a bank and there was furniture and a few NPCs but no floor. Usually there is a little rug or something by the door that I am still standing on as I wait for the rest of the room to 'load'. This time I just fell through the floor and got a nice little video of my character flailing in blue-ness, and then I re-loaded at the wayshrine.

I just put it down to having been in Cold Harbor. Apparently I'm only loosely connected to reality at this point.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lmao your internet has been "diagnosed".

Sorry to tell you but you need help from someone who knows what he is doing, it IS the internet connection causing this.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Dazmilan09,

Connection issues can happen for a large variety of reasons. If you're experiencing connection issues, our best suggestion is to contact customer support with a game consultant file attached. This file contains information about your connection that will assist our support agents both with diagnosing the problem and suggesting troubleshooting to assist you. Thanks for your patience!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Dazmilan09
    Problem fixed with a new Internal Ethernet adapter
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome, glad to hear it @Dazmilan09!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • skybluemt_ESO
    skybluemt_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    To GaryA, I sent in a game consultant file and every other file and they could not find the problem........I am still waiting to play ESO, but I think the problem may be the cpu, or ps. I will find out this week, I am having it diagnosed. Yes my drivers are all up to date, i have a GEForce 960 running, Phenon 2 965,8g ram, win 7 pro. My problem was my computer crashed every time I tried to play ESO, or any other game also. I miss playing ESO.