The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Unable to access game/status in launcher/main website

jmunkxb14_ESO
Nothing is showing up for realm status or news for live and PTS servers, went ahead and clicked play, unable to log in. Also www.elderscrollsonline.com will not load. Any ideas where to start looking to fix this? Was playing on the PTS about 5 hours ago with no issue.
  • Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am having the same kind of issues... but I can load the forums
  • jmunkxb14_ESO
    This is crap, I guess it isn't anything to do with ESO/ZOS, a bunch of websites will not load on anything on my network. <-- period, yay for my ISP

edit: don't suppose your ISP is charter @Amsel_McKay ?
    Edited by jmunkxb14_ESO on January 30, 2015 11:43PM
  • greyyone
    greyyone
    Soul Shriven
    I am also having the same issues and yes I have charter, in Wyoming. Glad to see its not just me.
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone else having this problem let us know if you're also using Charter?

Basic troubleshooting is to add eso.exe, the launcher, and account.elderscrollsonline.com as exceptions to your anti-virus program and to run ESO as administrator. Please give that a shot and let us know if you're able to connect.

If not, please submit your game consultant file to our Support Team so that they can take a closer look. Thanks!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • jmunkxb14_ESO
    and charter service is back up in colorado, now that I have to get some sleep for work in 6 hours
  • sbrite10b14_ESO
    Can anyone else having this problem let us know if you're also using Charter?

Basic troubleshooting is to add eso.exe, the launcher, and account.elderscrollsonline.com as exceptions to your anti-virus program and to run ESO as administrator. Please give that a shot and let us know if you're able to connect.

If not, please submit your game consultant file to our Support Team so that they can take a closer look. Thanks!

I have Comcast in Portland Oregon and have been having the same sort of issues since this morning.I was able to log in a couple of times but when I went to Zone into a new area like the Harborage I got booted with an error message saying there was a problem.Try again later.So this is not just a charter thing.Something else is going on here.Havent had a problem all week until this morning.
  • Sarcon89b14_ESO
    Sarcon89b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    gettign same issues with comcast in Olympia Washington. works fine then sometimes ping jumps to 5k or beyond or if zoning disconnection. lots of holdup at logging in if it even goes through. have not ran a tracert but other uses of internet holding steady in other games/websites. my guess is somewhere along the path is having issues.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Having the same problem in Spokane, WA. with Comcast. So it looks like some kind of connection issues with Comcast on the West Coast vs. the ZOS servers. Have been having issues all day with with both the live and PTS servers. ZOS, can you give Comcast a call and see what's going on?
  • Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Comcast in Eugene OR...
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the information, folks! We definitely recommend sending those Game Consultant Files in then so that our Support Team can see exactly where the connection is being lost. Thanks for your patience!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Sarcon89b14_ESO
    Sarcon89b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    ran a tracert to 198.20.200.30 (seems that the IP i connect to for the NA megaserver). connection route times out at 12.250.61.22 after 12.122.138.25 (grr3.dlstx.ip.att.net)

*Edit* attached my game consultant report.
    Edited by Sarcon89b14_ESO on January 31, 2015 3:54AM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Comcast in the Seattle metro area for me.
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Comcast in Seattle metro area for me. I had issues 12 hours ago and didn't have time to play much of the day until now. Now I'm having the same issues on PTS that I did on Live.

p.s. - Add a data center closer to the Pacific NW so we could enjoy lower latency all the time like the rest of the country gets and we'll love you forever ;)
    Edited by Grunim on January 31, 2015 5:20AM
    Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

• sbrite10b14_ESO
    Ashtaris wrote: »
    Having the same problem in Spokane, WA. with Comcast. So it looks like some kind of connection issues with Comcast on the West Coast vs. the ZOS servers. Have been having issues all day with with both the live and PTS servers. ZOS, can you give Comcast a call and see what's going on?

Yeah I was just over on the World Of Warcraft Forums.Hundreds of Posts there of People having the same kinds of Problems mostly with West Coast Comcast.Id wager its not ZOS or Blizzard.Seems like I recall this sort of thing happening a couple years ago.Maybe its Suns Spots.:P
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah I was just over on the World Of Warcraft Forums.Hundreds of Posts there of People having the same kinds of Problems mostly with West Coast Comcast.Id wager its not ZOS or Blizzard.Seems like I recall this sort of thing happening a couple years ago.Maybe its Suns Spots.:P

Good to know, but my husband is currently playing World of Tanks in the other room without a hitch.

Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

• sbrite10b14_ESO
    Grunim wrote: »

Good to know, but my husband is currently playing World of Tanks in the other room without a hitch.
    Maybe it has something to do with the Location of Blizzards and ZOS' servers in relation to where we are in the west coast.Or it could be they use similar Net architecture and World of Tanks doesn't. Who knows.Just seems like too much of a coincidence for it to be ZOS and not Comcast or Comcasts backbone.Have to wait it out and see what happens.Maybe it will clear itself up in a day or two.

• Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grunim wrote: »

Maybe it has something to do with the Location of Blizzards and ZOS' servers in relation to where we are in the west coast.Or it could be they use similar Net architecture and World of Tanks doesn't. Who knows.Just seems like too much of a coincidence for it to be ZOS and not Comcast or Comcasts backbone.Have to wait it out and see what happens.Maybe it will clear itself up in a day or two.

Yeah, it's definitely a wait and see thing for us. Glad we have these threads up for other Comcast players in our region to be aware of.

• SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    My connection is fine but I have had all the problems mentioned.
    [img][/img]4104054611.png
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-